Code of Conduct

Default I'm really warming up to L'Homme Libre!

L'Homme Libre is definitely the most divisive of the L'Homme flankers and undoubtedly the one with the most negative opinions. Of all the friends I know that try the L'Homme range when making a purchase they are least likely to go with Libre on average.

Lately I've been using my friends L'Homme Libre when we go out on the town and I've really had a change of heart on this juice. The combination of the violet, pink pepper and anise is wonderful to my nose and it's a compliment magnet. Certainly has some good talent behind it (Olivier Polge and Carlos Benaim) so what does everyone else think about this juice? Underrated?

Default Re: I'm really warming up to L'Homme Libre!

It's OK and I have it in my collection but not overly wowed by it.

It's a good scent for the money. I think the noses behind it may have had Riverside Drive in mind. They are similar (Riverside being superior). I think it's the combo of patchouli, violet, basil and a few other similar notes that each scent shares.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Even though not a highlight among YSL male fragrances, nor among recent fragrance releases or designer scents in general, it's an inoffensive, correct and pleasant scent, thus almost making up for not standing out in a too distinctive way.

Yes it's the top notes that get me. Most complaints I see are from the drydown.

I find it to be a quite good fragrance, en par with Chanel Bleu.

I love it...inexpensive and smells good...a good combination. Beware though...you will find alot of "haters" who criticize anything mainstream, and especially flankers... I respect not liking something, but when I read someones reviews and the only positives they give are to niche...seems prejudicial.

A fantastic fragrance...

When I first sniffed L'homme, Nuit and Libre all at the same time at Sephora, I actually liked Libre's opening the most. I now own la nuit and its one of my favorites but I really need to go back and give Libre a full wearing. I've heard that the drydown is not very good and I don't regret getting La Nuit at all. L'homme is also quite good.

Can't stand Libre. The basil note is what kills it for me combined with the sweetness. Chemically synthetic generically odd fragrance that smells like watered down sugar with basil and I get the patchouli. Smells very cheap to me, but to each his own.
    Last edited by silentrich; 27th March 2013 at 03:07 PM.

Most of Lhomme flankers are decent. Especially considering their price.

Banned
    Blog Entries

after l'homme and la nuit, people's standards are high. and to most people, libre came off as a generic fresh fragrance.

ive tried libre several times and couldn't get myself to like it. it's not bad, just not good either