Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default What's up with D&G The One?

I never see any post about it. I think it smells good.

Basenotes Member

Default Re: What's up with D&G The One?

It smells amazing to me too, but unfortunately it lacks in the projection department. Lasts long on my skin but only as a skin scent.

The search feature is your friend. The One gets tons of mentions. If it didn't have longevity issues, it would be even more popular than it already is, and it's already very popular.

Seriously - do a search and watch how many posts show up.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Mediocre to me. Horrible longevity

Woeful longevity. A big shame smells fantastic!

One of the most amazing fragrances I own. Longevity is often knocked, but does ok on me. Projection is a little weak, but overall incredible!

Personally not a fan of this fragrance at all.

The One gets mentioned fairly regularly. Most posts are about the same: "I really like this fragrance. Its longevity is horrible. D&G should make a parfum version."

Hednic aside, nearly everybody likes it, but it's not all that complex, and I don't see anybody calling it their favorite.

Personally, it's my primary date cologne.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally not a fan of this fragrance at all.
    +1.

Great smelling fragrance, longevity is good 5-8hrs, projection is horrendous and pretty much non-existent.

People must keep in mind longevity isn't based on projection. I think because it doesn't project many think it has totally left, and longevity is bad...not the case, its just mostly a skin scent, that lasts.

It's pretty much a non entity for me. Smells ok but nothing special. Longevity is a disgrace. Not worth a penny.

I love it so much that I wanna marry it. Amazing scent that I interpret it as being very sensual and intimate. Definitely a date scent for that special someone... or someones (bow-chicka-wow-wow)

I did notice that in the fragrance reviews here on basenotes that it is the only frag I've found that will get positive reviews despite low projection and longevity. That's how awesome it is. Some reviewer will give a frag a thumbs down just based on one of those flaws alone.

I own a tester bottle of it and like it. It lasts 6+ hours on my skin; though, I always apply lotion on my skin (letting it dry for at least 30 mins.) before wearing any fragrance. Projection-wise, The One performs the best in the hot weather.

Decent smelling frag. Nothing I reach for often, but it is a good one to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's pretty much a non entity for me. Smells ok but nothing special. Longevity is a disgrace. Not worth a penny.
    Randall Flagg's comment is somewhat close to my opinion.

I think The One smells ok, but it isn't amazing. Longevity isn't terrible on me, but it isn't great either. If I saw it in a bargain bin for $15, I'd probably buy it. For $25, I'd debate it but probably pass. Any higher than that, I'd definitely pass.

My biggest issue with The One, aside from the fact that the scent is only ok for me, is the fact that it smells like a guy who is trying to impress a woman. It's too obvious about its intentions. Personally, I am a huge fan of scents that have a bit more mystery to them. In other words, I like scents that smell sexy without smelling like they're trying to smell sexy. To my nose, The One smells like it's trying too hard.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Ridiculously poor projection and longevity. A waste of $$$

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Ridiculously poor projection and longevity. A waste of $$$
    Short lifespan is a flaw I'll give you that. But I consider low projection a characteristic of the frag and not a design flaw. You don't want to be "that guy" although I'm begining to think that 90% of the members here are "that guy".

The One is meant to be intimate. A fragrance not meant to be shared with strangers in a club from arms lengths away but should be shared with that special someone.

Don't confuse this with a "going out cruising for some tail" type of scent where you need to be as loud and aggressive as possible. It's very sexy and can be awkward if you're in a place trying to get laid and it's just one big sausage fest (odds are it will be) and there you are smellin' like D&G The One. But if you smelled like One Million it wouldn't seem as awkward right? See the difference?

The One is amazing. I love it but I know that with great power comes great responsibility so I only use it for special occasions like when I dawn my spidey outfit and fight crime to avenge the loss of my uncle

Good scent. No Longevity. Swapped it away.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Quote Originally Posted by buckjunkie View Post
    I never see any post about it. I think it smells good.
    It DOES smell good!... For about 18 seconds.

The One is sexy and it knows it. Hope to own a bottle in the near future.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Very common as well.. I bought it, then 3 days later saw it for sale at my local walgreens... sold it the next day.. I personally am not trying to smell like everyone else... great scent, but so is aqua de gio...

I really like The O...oh never mind it's gone.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    I really like The O...oh never mind it's gone.
    Exactly! If the longevity wasn't so poor, I would own it.
    Top ten

1. Patou Pour Homme
    2. Patou Pour Homme Prive
    3. Portrait of a lady
    4. Jubilation XXV
    5. Cashmere Oud
    6. Tribute Attar
    7. Ambre 114
    8. Clive Christian No. 1
    9. Jardin d Amalfi
    10. Eau de Patou Pour Homme

Owned it and liked it. Longevity is ok on me, as good or better than most creeds on me. Not all fragrances should have boisterous projections and I appreciate it's intentions for being an unpretentious intimate fragrance.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Like others have said It smells GREAT but last only about 2 hours on me then disappears. If it lasted and projected longer it would easily be my go to scent.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

What's up with you Divas? Is it that much of a pain to reapply?

I think it smells good and unique enough