Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Good morning. It's 00:06, so for this Night Owl, I think Noir de Noir is fitting...

BUT, if anyone can recommend something similar, with the fruit-floral aspect de-tuned, I'd appreciate it.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SOTD Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Good morning all !. SotD is L'Ombre Dans L'Eau.

Happy Birthday to the ever youthful Foustie - may your highlands never drop down to your lowlands .

Good morning! Happy Birthday, Foustie!
    vintage Ô

happiest happiest happiest birthday to dear Foustie

wearing the ever intoxicating Fetish pour homme in parfum extrait

for swap/sale:

Happy Birthday Foustie

Today is the day for TF Black Orchid
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Ha Ha Jon. What a lovely way to start the day, ANY DAY, with a good chuckle. Thank You for the birthday wishes everyone.

Well, I treated myself! I think that I just might gain the approval of someone not too far up there ^^ because I asked him about it ages ago. I treated myself to the very gorgeous and romantic Armani Privé Rose D'Arabie. A beautiful Rose/Saffron/Oud. I have very strong and happy childhood memories of losing myself in One Thousand and One Arabian Nights while snuggled up in bed at my grandma's house on my weekly visit. I was transported into a world of imagination. For me, Rose D'Arabie conjures up that world through olfactory magic, and my suggestability of course! I'm very happy with it.

BUT, as seems to have become my birthday ritual, my scent of the evening will be Tabac Blond Extrait, through the extraordinary generosity of you know who. One needs all the Va Va Voom one can get at my age!

Happy B-day Foustie!

Good for you treating yourself!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Lippizan by Parfums de Marly

Morning All,
    Happiest of Birthdays, Foustie ! 20 or 21 candles on your cake this year ?
    Cuir Mauresque for me.
    Best to everyone.

Happy Birthday Foustie 01.jpg I woke up from a weird dream but I can't remember what the dream was about. All I know is that it was strangely wonderful. SOTD is Songes .
    Do happy

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Wednesday, March 27, 2013

DIOR HOMME
    Eau de Toilette
    Original Issue

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, dear Foustie! Congrats and enjoy your new treat, it sounds marvelous.

LadyM, I love that photo - I adore La Swinton.

Honored to share the house with dear Jon today, Diptyque Eau Duelle for me today. Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

I hope you are having a wonderful birthday, Foustie!

My SotD is Demeter Gingerale.

My daughter is still wearing her knee immobilizer since she dislocated her patella, but this afternoon she will finally see the orthopedic doc and we'll go from there. Hopefully she won't need it any more.

I also need to take Mom to PT today, and next week. It's been 3 weeks since she fell, and her caregiver is leaving this morning, but as usual at these transitional times, I will need to spend more time with her, helping her shower etc. until I am sure she is safe alone.

Blog Entries

Hello all, wishing a wonderful birthday to dear Foustie! l love Jon's birthday card.

l've got four days off to enjoy. l was planning to do some much-needed pruning in the garden, & give the lawn its first mow of the year today, but it's just started snowing! Hell, l might just do it anyway...

SOTD is Sun Moon Stars by Lagerfeld, from the back of the wardrobe.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello everyone -

Veering out of my "Chanel for ballet" lane for a bit, I decided to go with some classic Oscar de la Renta this morning, vintage-80s edt. I'm sure I mention this every time I wear it, but I think of this as a cheerful L'Heure Bleue ...the soapy aldehydes in OdlR really make the difference, but the similarities are quite remarkable.

Y'all have a fantastic day!

Happy birthday to Foustie!

Wolfie - I couldn't locate my Emeraude last night, so I donned Hermès Rouge instead, and thought of you fondly, as planned.

Enjoy your time off teardrop, 'though I really can't get behind snow gardening, lol. Might I suggest some cozy indoor pottering instead?
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Happy Birthday to Foustie!

Etat Libre D'Orange Tilda Swinton Like This. The end of the sample.

Tom Ford White Suede

From the back of my cupboard, todays SoTD is Tabu.

Our Foustie has plenty of va-va-voom, scented or not! Don't let her fool you! Wishing the very happiest of birthdays to you, my dear sweet friend!

Hugs and condolences to kewart and family.

Finally sampled 1932 yesterday! Lovely cello took mercy on me and shared hers; won't need to buy that sample after all. I do like it quite a bit and will have lots more to say on it. Will have another full wear today. So far, it seems the most casual and youthful of the Exclusifs to me; something about its style reminds me a bit of Eau Premiere. And perfect for summer, I think; if it ever warms up here, I intend to find out!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Happy, happy Birthday, Foustie! I hope you will enjoy yourself today!

Yes, many thanks to cello for 1932 I got mine yesterday too. It's rather on a polite side for me as I tend to gravitate towards loud(trashy). I might need to learn few good manners before 1932 will open itself to me .

Note twin with Roberto in L'Artisan Iris Pallida.

^The heck you say! You are neither ill-mannered nor trashy! Not a thing wrong with a young, beautiful woman in a loud scent! I know you pull them all off beautifully! And even quiet little me has my share of sillage bombs!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Happy birthday dear Foustie!

Sotd is Avignon- leaving tomorrow for a short holiday. Take care, all of you
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Enjoy your time off teardrop, 'though I really can't get behind snow gardening, lol. Might I suggest some cozy indoor pottering instead?
    Thanks E, & LOL at "snow gardening"! As you know, l adore a bit of cosy indoor pottering, but the garden has been crying out for my attention for weeks, & l couldn't wait any longer for the weather to warm up. l've done the pruning, now l'm thawing out with a coffee before getting the mower out. Fortunately the snow isn't laying! And l've noticed my grape hyacinths are starting to bloom, so it's been nice to get outdoors & get some fresh air & exercise.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Happy Birthday to our dear Foustie, love both the card and what Dr.G said -- "20 or 21"? I thought it was somewhere around 29, maybe?

Both Kiliwia and Evangeline -- thanks for wearing Rouge for me.

I am shopping from the back of my Wardrobe -- Guerlain Apres L'Ondee, modern EdT, somehow reminds me very much of sadly discontinued Meteorites today.

Happy Birthday Foustie!

30R, I am constantly amazed at your ability to cheerfully juggle the care of so many. You are an inspiration.

Southergardens, my samples came last night! Thank you so very very much. I am sampling Stella In Two - Peony today. I think I've only tried the Prada out of the package (and I love it, so yay), and many I've never even read a description of, so no expectations. The Stella is one of those no-expectations one. I love exploring those!

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday, Foustie!! I hope you have a lovely day!

Iodine
    , have a good holiday!

SotM is Lolita Lempicka.

Have a great day!

Happy Birthday, Foustie!! You know how celebrate in style!

Have a lovely holiday, iodine! Are you headed somewhere special to you? (I hope you don't mind my asking...)

30Roses, I'm glad your mom is on the mend and doing better. You're a wonderful daughter!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    ... I tend to gravitate towards loud(trashy). I might need to learn few good manners ....
    Ah, Whitefluffy, I, too, worship at the altar of loud and, let's call it "brash" Maybe you and I can start a club, complete with a snappy name and a flashy hat, since I've thrown up my hands and decided just to embrace that particular olfactory preference. I'm hoping we'd have lots of members!! I've been having lots of fun since embracing it. But I did finally find a "classy" fragrance in the Chanel style that I love (although I still can't wear Chanel -- it just doesn't suit me as a house) -- Parfums DelRae Mythique. Do you know it?

Speaking of hats, teardrop, what is an appropriate hat for snow gardening?

We've had two sunny days in a row now!! I'm continuing with my mini-Malle theme this week in En Passant. I feel radiantly happy when I wear this one.

Blog Entries

Count me in as a fan of the loud & brash! (Perfumes, that is ) Maybe we could use that "Power Perfume Girls" logo that Jon came up with a few days ago?

My snow gardening hat of choice was an old black woolen beanie that l stole from my ex-husband. l'm not normally much of a hat person, though. Gardening chores done, l'm staying warm indoors for the rest of the day now!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Thanks E, & LOL at "snow gardening"! As you know, l adore a bit of cosy indoor pottering, but the garden has been crying out for my attention for weeks, & l couldn't wait any longer for the weather to warm up. l've done the pruning, now l'm thawing out with a coffee before getting the mower out. Fortunately the snow isn't laying! And l've noticed my grape hyacinths are starting to bloom, so it's been nice to get outdoors & get some fresh air & exercise.
    You don't have lying snow? Consider yourself very lucky. I couldn't tell whether my hyacinths were in bloom without removing several tonnes of snow which is currently squashing them.

The cats have even got tunnels amongst the shrubs to enable them to get around the garden as the snow is deeper than they are and is half way up the dog.

Roll on a bit of proper spring time.

EDIT- and I'm a bit of a fan of loud perfumes too. Subtle just wouldn't fit with me being a 6'3" (plus heels) red haired biker babe, would it?

Happy birthday, Foustie!

SotD: Etat Libre d'Orange Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes .
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Dirty English today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Foustie's Birthday!?!

Time to splash out the champagne.
    Happiest of birthdays, "dar garl"

Boucheron for a topsy-turvy day as family gets resettled.

sfmedusa, rock on. Nothing better than high heels on looooooong legs.

Happy Birthday dear Foustie! Many happy returns to you!

In your honour, I am wearing a perfume from your wardrobe: Chanel Coco

Basenotes Plus

Teardrop, you may have more snow gardening to look forward to - I just heard a report saying that the current cold spell could well last until mid-April.

sfmedusa, blow sublety - go loud and proud

SotE - Bond No 9 Silver Factory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    You don't have lying snow? Consider yourself very lucky. I couldn't tell whether my hyacinths were in bloom without removing several tonnes of snow which is currently squashing them.

The cats have even got tunnels amongst the shrubs to enable them to get around the garden as the snow is deeper than they are and is half way up the dog.

Roll on a bit of proper spring time.

EDIT- and I'm a bit of a fan of loud perfumes too. Subtle just wouldn't fit with me being a 6'3" (plus heels) red haired biker babe, would it?
    Yes, l am lucky enough to live on the south coast, where lying snow is pretty rare. LOL at "halfway up the dog"!
    l love the sound of your look, too!

SOTE is Chergui, from a new decant that arrived today! ln fact this is my first fragrance purchase of this year, as l've been trying to be frugal for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    I just heard a report saying that the current cold spell could well last until mid-April.
    Ice Age Nuveau? Today is not that bad, actually, here.

Blog Entries

l just saw that report on the local news, Jon. Does that mean spring will definitely arrive in mid-April? No one seems too sure at the moment.

my back of the wardrobe challenge pick for today is Balenciaga Talisman.

Hey y'all -

Yikes! You poor things, still having to deal with winter ...that really stinks. No snow here, lol - high-60s and sunny and beautiful ...although honestly, I wouldn't mind it just a bit warmer, hehe. Sorry - I really don't mean to rub it in. I'll just stop talking now.

I'm in vintage Paris for the afternoon ...sooo pretty.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Daughter's xray showed little bone fragments torn off the back of the patella by the ligaments as it dislocated. She has to wear a brace to stabilize the patella laterally, still can't take gym, and starts PT next week.

Appointments are going to be nuts for a while-- both Mom and daughter in PT, plus my training classes for tutoring literacy, sometimes all 3 in one day. I am not going to be online quite as much.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Hey y'all -

Yikes! You poor things, still having to deal with winter ...that really stinks. No snow here, lol - high-60s and sunny and beautiful ...although honestly, I wouldn't mind it just a bit warmer, hehe. Sorry - I really don't mean to rub it in. I'll just stop talking now.
    Talk away ! - remember there is someone here who actually prefers the cold (meanwhile UK contingent furiously stick pins into JR voodoo dolls )

Talk away ! - remember there is someone here who actually prefers the cold...
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot you tend to lean a little crazy that way.

Blog Entries

Roses; ouch for your poor rosebud! l do hope you can find some time for yourself between your many commitments, & pop in here when you can. Thinking of you.

Jon, tell me where to send the peasants with pitchforks & burning torches!

SOTD -B] Adrienne Vittadini[/B] I smell so darn nice right now I cannot fathom why I don't wear this gorgeous perfume more often! It's so elegant imo, very sexy and alluring; very feminine!

****Making the world a better place One Scented Hug at a Time.... ****

sfmedusa, blow sublety - go loud and proud
    Jon Rodgers = crazy AWESOME

sfmedusa = Red Hot Mama Across the Pond (since we already have RHM in St. Louis) sfmedusa, I'm 5'10" and would KILL for 2 more inches. And I, too, love heels!

Twolf, isn't it nice to finally see the sun?? Woo hoo!

30Roses, OW, OW, OW, OW! I have sympathy knee pain for rosebud. Hugs in advance; your caretaking is truly inspirational.

Basenotes Plus

Gorgeous sunny day here, lots of melting going on. Yay!

Many hugs to 30 Roses, Rosebud and Mama Roses.

SotE is Jo Malone Lemon Tart.

Happy Birthday Foustie!

I'm wearing Benjoin No. 9 parfum.

Another one from the back of the wardrobe: TF Jasmine Musk

Wow, a "brash" perfume club! I will be delighted!!!! I long suspected ExtremeK and teardrop to be honorary members, but sfmedusa...you sound like a poster child *whistling* (And I have a feeling that PerfumedLady will be joining shortly too - in bombastic tuberose .)

I think we are allowed to flaunt a bit of our wild side, aren't we?

ExtremeK - yes I am familiar with Mythique and I think it's absolutely beautiful. I see what you mean. But being an Iris nut, I have plenty of other Iris laden perfumes that occupy the "classy" void. Poor Mythique didn't stand a chance Right now I am reeking of Cuir de Russie layered over Iris Pallida. Have you tried Cuir de Russie? I think it's the most naughty of Chanel's. (I believe Mr. G would agree, especially on a vintage).

{{{{{{30 Roses }}}}}} - I do hope you will find time to pop in. Without you Basenotes is not the same.

PerfumedLady - thank you, as always, for being an amazing friend!

I'm wearing POTL Luctor et Emergo today. It's funny how this wears a little differently each time ... today was less incense and more cherry tobacco with a soft doughy note deep in the drydown. Really nice!

Happy birthday, Foustie!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

That's one bombastic thread we are having today, thanks for coming up with the word Whitefluffy!

From the back of the closet, Guerlain Myrrhe et Delires this PM. Will go work a graveyard shift, first time in many years.

Concrentre d'Orange Verte again. Enjoyed it.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

It's been another tough day and I wore Quereles de Fleurs by Houbigant.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Viktor & Rolfe Antidote tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon