Code of Conduct

Default Insensť by Givenchy: discontinued or out of production?

Hi guys,
    i recently came across Insensť by Givenchy and I found this fragrance absolutely delightful, almost unique in its genre.
    I cannot believe such a masterpiece is now discontinued or even worse out of production..! Can anybody give me more info about that , some good news, has it already been reissued or it will never be ?

Default Re: Insensť by Givenchy: discontinued or out of production?

Still can be found from time to time online, but becoming increasingly more difficult to find. It's indeed a good one.

If you go to their website and contact them, they could probably tell you. I usually do this for any designer fragrance brand, and get an accurate response.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Big thanks guys

there were 3 different bottlings. the last one was part of the series 'les mythiques'... i guess meaning re-production of discontinued scents. i am not sure it is production now.

- - - Updated - - -

and yes, this is the only scent i know that acts extremely macho and extremely elegant at the same time... nothing else like it.
    offsite sales: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=301

current top 4 houses, random order: Vero Profumo, Slumberhouse, MFK, Roja Dove

favourite categories: oriental semi-gourmands, ouds, vetivers

As others have said, it was discontinued then briefly reincarnated in the limited distribution Les Mithiques, though I think it's been yanked again (it doesn't appear on the website anymore, while other les mithiques are still there). Also, it wasn't clear if that edition had been reformulated or not, I have not smelled it. It can still be found on ebay, and some small stores still may have old stock.

cacio

Was it reincarnated with the Les Mithqiues? The one where Vetyver was reincarnated too right?

If so thats weird, it never got released here even though the other Les Mithiques were released here. I think 4 of them.

for swap/sale:

Yes, it was reincarnated in the same series as vetiver. I saw it on their website, which listed more than 4 scents for sure (I remember also Givenchy III, and one of the Xeryus at least). But I never saw it in store - actually, I never saw the mithiques anywhere here in the US, and when I came across them in Europe, I did not see Insense.

cacio

I saw the whole reintroduced line except insense. Maybe it was produced in limited quantities.

for swap/sale:

The masculine floral? Yeah that was available again about a year ago and I purchased a bottle -- I thought it was lovely.

So it's been pulled again -- that's a real shame -- it tanked in 1993 as well.

Don't make a mistake and get that ' Insense Ultramarine' rubbish.

Yes it’s definetley a real shame, as after further searching on the web, it seems indeed
    that both the vintage and les “Mithiques “ issues are now out of production.
    So I’m going to stockpile as many bottles I can find on line or wherever else.
    And, as kindly suggested by The Cologneist, I’ll try to contact the official web site to get more info..

Anyone have experience of original and the "Les Mithiques" version? Would like to know if it was up to scratch compared to vintage.
    thanks.