Code of Conduct

Default My wonderful find today!

Hello fellow Basenoters!!

I have not posted in some time but today something cool happened so I thought I would share, well it was cool for me anyways .

Anyways today I decided to stop by TJ Maxx to check out the mens fragrance selection to see if they had anything new to feed my fragrance addiction. Today's selection was pretty much the same old same old but out of the corner of my eye I saw it... a gift set box of *Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris*. This fragrance has long been on my radar but I have yet to pull the trigger. The box had a red sticker so I was pretty sure it was like most gift sets at TJ Maxx (missing something) and I was right, it was missing the body wash or deodorant (not sure what was supposed to be in the empty slot) but the 4.2oz full bottle of *Midnight in Paris* was there and it was red tagged for 29$. I was more than happy to pay this price for it but I decided to speak to the young lady working the jewelry counter to see if I could get it a little cheaper. I kindly explained to her that the half of the product was gone and the bottle was probably tested a few times already. She then turned around and printed up a new sticker and slapped it on the box. I expected the new sticker to be 25$ but to my surprise she marked it down to 15$ (nearly half off the current red sticker price ).

I nearly jumped over the counter and gave her a big hug but I figured I would rather enjoy wearing this stuff from the comfort of my own home instead of a jail cell ! Now that I have got this stuff home and have had a chance to wear it for a little while I can see why so many people like it! It does remind me of a milder version of *Bvlgari Black* which I also own. I thought Bvlgari Black had a little to much of a rubber smell but *Midnight in Paris* tones it down some and is much much more enjoyable to me. That is about all I can say about it because I am really bad at describing the scent of my fragrances

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope that my excitement is shared by all... I am pretty sure most of you have an "awesome find" story of your own to tell!
    Living each day one spray at a time

Default Re: My wonderful find today!

Great find indeed! Enjoy! Thanks for sharing.

That's a steal on a great fragrance. Way to go!

Congrats on the deal. Great scent.

Overcome By Fumes

Nice catch!

Congrats to you. Thanks for the story.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Blog Entries

Nice story. Im gonna head down TJ Maxx and see if I could find a sleeper somehow. Ya never know lol

Congrats! Have fun with that one! It's one of my favorites! Happy wearings!

That was a steal!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I think for the original 29$ it would have been a steal but to get it for 15$ nearly floored me .

This is one reason I really like TJ Maxx, you can sometimes talk the sales people to further mark down red tag items!

BTW I am still kind of curious as to what the missing item was.. not that it matters much because the juice was what I was craving .

Great find indeed. I was at tj maxx about a month ago and saw the midnight in Paris gift set marked down to 14.99 still sealed. It was such a good price that i thought someone stole the Cologne and tj maxx just wrapped it up again to resell as is. I had the store take off the wrapping at the register to make sure everything was there and to my amazement it was. There is just something about this fragrance that makes me just want to sniff the bottle time i walk by my dresser!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower99 View Post
    Great find indeed. I was at tj maxx about a month ago and saw the midnight in Paris gift set marked down to 14.99 still sealed. It was such a good price that i thought someone stole the Cologne and tj maxx just wrapped it up again to resell as is. I had the store take off the wrapping at the register to make sure everything was there and to my amazement it was. There is just something about this fragrance that makes me just want to sniff the bottle time i walk by my dresser!
    Wow seems like your luck was a little better than mine !

Congratulations for a truly great buy!

Very nice. My TJ has really sucked for both selection and price recently.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Congrats! My best experience was at a discounter shop, they are scattered everywhere in Paris and they usually sell cheap crap. But the one near my home carries fragrances. Mostly drugstore type of fragrances, except this one time.
    They had Comme Des Garçons, the original 1994 one, vintage (no allergen list), and on sale for 5€ each, 100ml spray.

Got the whole stock, 3 BNIB bottles and got away with the tester 3/4 full as well. Best deal ever. And now that Eau Lente from Dyptique has been reformulated, I feel like I'm in possesion of a real treasure
    aBr
    thefraglife.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by AirBureau View Post
    Congrats! My best experience was at a discounter shop, they are scattered everywhere in Paris and they usually sell cheap crap. But the one near my home carries fragrances. Mostly drugstore type of fragrances, except this one time.
    They had Comme Des Garçons, the original 1994 one, vintage (no allergen list), and on sale for 5€ each, 100ml spray.

Got the whole stock, 3 BNIB bottles and got away with the tester 3/4 full as well. Best deal ever. And now that Eau Lente from Dyptique has been reformulated, I feel like I'm in possesion of a real treasure
    A deal you don't find every day!

Great find.

That's the sort of story I like to read about.
    Cheers,
    Renato