Code of Conduct

Default New Montale Intense Cafe

Anyone knows when it will be available?

http://www.punmiris.com/himg/o.19598.jpg

Default Re: New Montale Intense Cafe

would love to know as well, you have the link to the article instead of the pic?

wouldn't mind smelling like a walking cup of freshly brewed espresso
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Wow Black Aoud kinda projection? Walking Coffee shop lol

Will Starbucks be spraying this in their stores?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

There is a lot of room on the market for a good coffee scent IMO. Sounds interesting. And not a fan of Pure Coffee.

Just checked out their FB page, gotta say some of their recent ad prints look a lot like Serge Lutens crossover SIGG.

Last edited by CX827; 28th March 2013 at 04:40 AM.

I don't know if Mancera has anything related to Montale but they are releasing Aoud Cafe.

http://www.manceraparfums.com/index....duct&id_lang=1

Quote Originally Posted by coolink View Post
    I don't know if Mancera has anything related to Montale but they are releasing Aoud Cafe.

*sniggers*

Will blind buy the new Montale once it becomes available where I am.

Sounds nice but I know it'll be terrible.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    There is a lot of room on the market for a good coffee scent IMO. Sounds interesting. And not a fan of Pure Coffee.
    I agree with this - I like coffee as a note, and I think it is a little underused. Looking forward to giving this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    sounds nice but i know it'll be terrible.
    lol
    Top ten

1. Patou Pour Homme
    2. Patou Pour Homme Prive
    3. Portrait of a lady
    4. Jubilation XXV
    5. Cashmere Oud
    6. Tribute Attar
    7. Ambre 114
    8. Clive Christian No. 1
    9. Jardin d Amalfi
    10. Eau de Patou Pour Homme

I heard that Pierre Montale is the consultant for Mancera. The perfumer for this house is also named Pierre - Pierre Mancera. I've smelled 2 fragrances from Mancera and both of them smells very similar to Montale's creations. Rose Vanille smells like Montale's Roses Musk with a lot of vanilla added in. The Aoud smells like a million of aoud fragrances from Montale

OK, now this one has my interest. Hopefully Oud free.

To my nose Montales are either LOVE or HATE frags. I have tried about 20 of them and own 5. I will definitely be testing this one. I think they failed on Chocolate Greedy...too linear.

I can't wait to try this either :-) I bet it will be great - Coffee Greedy anyone?
    It's been a long hot Summer in Sydney, looking forward to Winter & wearing vanilla fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    I heard that Pierre Montale is the consultant for Mancera. The perfumer for this house is also named Pierre - Pierre Mancera. I've smelled 2 fragrances from Mancera and both of them smells very similar to Montale's creations. Rose Vanille smells like Montale's Roses Musk with a lot of vanilla added in. The Aoud smells like a million of aoud fragrances from Montale
    There is no Pierre Montale...he is a made up marketing ploy. Montales are made by some guy in a back room in The United Arab Emirates. There was a thread about it a year or two ago...

I love Chocolate Greedy. I'm lucky, it's far from linear on my skin. In fact, it has a multiple personality & changes from one chocolate dessert to another on me - and has zero calories thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielstripedtiger View Post
    To my nose Montales are either LOVE or HATE frags. I have tried about 20 of them and own 5. I will definitely be testing this one. I think they failed on Chocolate Greedy...too linear.
    - - - Updated - - -

There's been a couple of photos taken of Pierre Montale at a recent fragrance event. He looks like a real person to me, unless it was a paid actor. (not trying to be sarcastic)

There is no Pierre Montale...he is a made up marketing ploy. Montales are made by some guy in a back room in The United Arab Emirates. There was a thread about it a year or two ago...
    It's been a long hot Summer in Sydney, looking forward to Winter & wearing vanilla fragrances.

I will be getting the Mancera. I have had a good success ratio with their fragrances.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

The Mancera site says;

The creators of MONTALE perfumes have played an active role in this project. The name MANCERA was imagined to work well on a global scale.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Sounds nice but I know it'll be terrible.
    Aaah--- that is super harsh. Their Intense Patchouli is nice imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I've wanted to like their stuff. On paper it sounds perfect. In reality it's a bit of a muddled mess. Not all but some. Black Aoud and is very good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I've wanted to like their stuff. On paper it sounds perfect. In reality it's a bit of a muddled mess. Not all but some. Black Aoud and is very good.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    I will be getting the Mancera. I have had a good success ratio with their fragrances.

When I was in Venice a few months ago I dropped in a nice little perfume shop and picked up a bottle of Montale and was given 3 samples with it. One was Montale Aoud Lime (love it) and the other 2 were Mancera samples- Wave Musk (decent but just not for me) and Gold Intensive Aoud (like this one). The latter has the Montale Aoud DNA for sure and when I sent Mancera an email asking about purchasing in the states their reply was-

"Actually we are not distributed in the US market, we are in discussion with a local distributor and I hope to finalize the distribution very soon.

We work with Selfridges in London and they have the on line sales, maybe you can order from there."

Not likely to get any perfume shipments from the UK.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Quote Originally Posted by mikesc View Post
    When I was in Venice a few months ago I dropped in a nice little perfume shop and picked up a bottle of Montale and was given 3 samples with it. One was Montale Aoud Lime (love it) and the other 2 were Mancera samples- Wave Musk (decent but just not for me) and Gold Intensive Aoud (like this one). The latter has the Montale Aoud DNA for sure and when I sent Mancera an email asking about purchasing in the states their reply was-

"Actually we are not distributed in the US market, we are in discussion with a local distributor and I hope to finalize the distribution very soon.

We work with Selfridges in London and they have the on line sales, maybe you can order from there."

Not likely to get any perfume shipments from the UK.
    A friend of mine in the UK has been buying it for me and I also found a source in the middle east that ships to the US. http://www.universalperfumesandcosmetics.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    A friend of mine in the UK has been buying it for me and I also found a source in the middle east that ships to the US. http://www.universalperfumesandcosmetics.com/
    Great thanks!
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

I am into coffee lately and would love to try it.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a HUGE thread about 6 months ago about Pierre. There is a Pierre in the Paris shoppe, NOT Montale though. THere really is no Pierre Montale that I could ever find. I used to be friends with his perfumer Ammar Atmeh from UAE on Facebook, who supposedly was the Nose of the company. Do a search for "Pierre Montale" on Basenotes...it is a Mystery. The guy is made up. No interviews, no photos...I think I remember Grant said he had a pic. of him somewhere...but not verified that it was THE Pierre Montale
    Last edited by Danielstripedtiger; 28th March 2013 at 06:30 PM.

More info:

Montale is also launching two new fragrances of which one is dedicated to coffee and skillfully combined with floral notes, amber, vanilla and white musk. Of course, the main role in this composition is played by coffee! Its name is Intense Cafe. Another novelty from Montale is Aoud Greedy that opens with a pleasant blend of lemon and black licorice. The heart of the composition blends floral notes and amber, while the base rests on vetiver, edible notes and sensual white musk.
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

There was a HUGE thread about 6 months ago about Pierre. There is a Pierre in the Paris shoppe, NOT Montale though. THere really is no Pierre Montale that I could ever find. I used to be friends with his perfumer Ammar Atmeh from UAE on Facebook, who supposedly was the Nose of the company. Do a search for "Pierre Montale" on Basenotes...it is a Mystery. The guy is made up. No interviews, no photos...I think I remember Grant said he had a pic. of him somewhere...but not verified that it was THE Pierre Montale
    Whether or not Pierre Montale was named 'Pierre Montale' at birth is one thing. But the man shown in the photo below is definitely the Pierrre that I have personally spoken to on a couple of occasions, and have seen him on at least half of my double figure visits to the old Montale boutique. I have no doubt that he's in charge of operations in Paris (if nothing else).

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/251...=1#post2350655

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Whether or not Pierre Montale was named 'Pierre Montale' at birth is one thing. But the man shown in the photo below is definitely the Pierrre that I have personally spoken to on a couple of occasions, and have seen him on at least half of my double figure visits to the old Montale boutique. I have no doubt that he's in charge of operations in Paris (if nothing else).

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/251...=1#post2350655
    Yea, I'm pretty sure he is the Manager of the old Montale boutique in Place Vendome Paris...Not sure if he is still there since they moved locations- took them all spring and summer to move... People had orders in, paid their money, and Poof...no website, no phone number...stuff on back order without explanation. When you called their number, it was given to a lingerie shoppe with no forwarding phone number. They quit selling online, lots of rumors about never reopening, but they did. There are alot of guys in Paris named "Pierre" so to find one working in a Montale shoppe isn't unusual. Ammar_Montale.jpg This is Ammar Atmeh OWNER AND FOUNDER of Montale Paris "Pierre Montale" is a trademark like "Pink Floyd" There never was a guy named floyd in the rock group.

Yea, I'm pretty sure he is the Manager of the old Montale boutique in Place Vendome Paris...Not sure if he is still there since they moved locations- took them all spring and summer to move... People had orders in, paid their money, and Poof...no website, no phone number...stuff on back order without explanation. When you called their number, it was given to a lingerie shoppe with no forwarding phone number. They quit selling online, lots of rumors about never reopening, but they did. There are alot of guys in Paris named "Pierre" so to find one working in a Montale shoppe isn't unusual. Ammar_Montale.jpg This is Ammar Atmeh OWNER AND FOUNDER of Montale Paris "Pierre Montale" is a trademark like "Pink Floyd" There never was a guy named floyd in the rock group.
    That's old news, I'm afraid. The inactive link, further down in the following thread, was were BNs (including myself) discussed this before it was deleted.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/308...ne-read-Arabic

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    That's old news, I'm afraid. The inactive link, further down in the following thread, was were BNs (including myself) discussed this before it was deleted.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/308...ne-read-Arabic
    His linkedin profile

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ammar-atmeh/41/a85/426

Quote Originally Posted by HDDP View Post
    More info:

Montale is also launching two new fragrances of which one is dedicated to coffee and skillfully combined with floral notes, amber, vanilla and white musk. Of course, the main role in this composition is played by coffee! Its name is Intense Cafe. Another novelty from Montale is Aoud Greedy that opens with a pleasant blend of lemon and black licorice. The heart of the composition blends floral notes and amber, while the base rests on vetiver, edible notes and sensual white musk.
    Those notes sound awesome!! Super pumped about these 2

Best of all, Rose and Oud free...its a miracle
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)