Code of Conduct

Default Comparison between Paul Smith man and Dior Homme

I've heard many people state that the two are identical, or at the very least smell close enough to warrant purchasing PS Man instead of Dior Homme.
    How close is Paul Smith man to Dior Homme?
    Are there any other fragrances that smell identical to Dior Homme?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Comparison between Paul Smith man and Dior Homme

The only frag I know that smells just like Dior Homme is Dior Homme Intense.
    I think you would end up disappointed if you bought the Paul Smith scent and then tried the "genuine article"

Post Thanks / Like

You sir have read my mind and I own both. I was going to post what others thought between these two. I find Paul Smith a very nice fragrance and the more masculine of the two, clearly. What I did not know, since I do not own Doir Homme Sport, if Paul Smith man was more similar to that instead. Paul Smith man works with lemon and I believe DH Sport does as well ?

Post Thanks / Like

Dior Homme is a masterpiece and you can still get the vintage bottles for prices under $75. Why look elsewhere?
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    You sir have read my mind and I own both. I was going to post what others thought between these two. I find Paul Smith a very nice fragrance and the more masculine of the two, clearly. What I did not know, since I do not own Doir Homme Sport, if Paul Smith man was more similar to that instead. Paul Smith man works with lemon and I believe DH Sport does as well ?
    Dior Homme Sport is a totally different scent in almost every way from Dior Homme.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    The only frag I know that smells just like Dior Homme is Dior Homme Intense.
    I think you would end up disappointed if you bought the Paul Smith scent and then tried the "genuine article"
    It does? I just blind ordered a bottle of DHI, may as well have gotten DH if they do..

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Dior Homme Sport is a totally different scent in almost every way from Dior Homme.
    Agree, although glad I own both.

Paul Smith Man smells nothing like DH. PS Man is a green musky fragrance. Perhaps what was meant is Paul Smith Man Extreme. I find that closer to Le Male mixed with something else. DH is original to me. DHI perhaps if you're looking for something stronger.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emospence View Post
    It does? I just blind ordered a bottle of DHI, may as well have gotten DH if they do..
    I tried them both side by side before buying Dior Homme.
    The massive hyping of DHI over DH on Basenotes is incomprehensible to me.
    You would hardly know DH existed if this site was your only connection to the fragrance world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Paul Smith Man smells nothing like DH. PS Man is a green musky fragrance. Perhaps what was meant is Paul Smith Man Extreme. I find that closer to Le Male mixed with something else. DH is original to me. DHI perhaps if you're looking for something stronger.
    Paul Smith Man is definitely the one compared to Dior Homme, not Extreme. The bottle looks like this:

It's the iris note which draws the comparisons. Personally I don't like it at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not fond of Dior Homme, but am very fond Paul Smith Man which I wore today. I guess that after about 10 hours, Paul Smith Man smells remotely like a weakened Dior Homme.
    Regards,
    Renato

Everyone's getting a little confused here, The original vintage Dior Homme is sometimes compared to Paul Smith Man which comes in the Black & yellow bottle not the Green one from years ago which was his 1st fragrance.
    I don't own either but after smelling dior vintage on the one hand and Smith on the other they are kinda similar, but we are talking high end designer vs low end. Obviously there's a difference in quality and the blend but in a passing whiff - both being iris heavy fragrances - Paul smith man isn't a bad substitute for a rare and expensive juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Paul Smith Man is definitely the one compared to Dior Homme, not Extreme. The bottle looks like this:

It's the iris note which draws the comparisons. Personally I don't like it at all.
    My apologies. I was thinking of the original in the green bottle. I've not smelled this so I can't comment. Thanks for letting me know!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    My apologies. I was thinking of the original in the green bottle. I've not smelled this so I can't comment. Thanks for letting me know!
    No problem. Not sure it's that well known in the States. It's very much a cheapie here in the UK.

Thanks everyone. Yes, I was referring to the one in the yellow/black bottle. I am interested in purchasing it since it's about 1/4 the price of Dior Homme. I like DH, but it's definitely not on my "MUST buy" list.