Code of Conduct

Default Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud

Its obvious from the beginning that this is an oud fragrance. It doesn't resemble Montale's take on oud, but is most similar to Bon'd NY Amber in character. Lemon and coriander brighten it up a bit, but overall it feels synthetic and not very smooth. The lemon is out of character. Its trying to mix night and day with the lemon as day and the bewitchment of dark oud as night. The result is a juxtapose between the two that doesn't work. There is something synthetic like plastic in there that I find off-putting. I can't comment on longevity and sillage becuase I didn't care to wear it. I award this a thumbs down for lack of originality of the note and trying to combine something bright like lemon with it. Do you all feel that Lemon works with oud?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud

I think that lemon can temper the oud sometimes.

I found the oud in this to be too similar to Dark Aoud -- but not as bold an exciting -- to make it worth any further attention.

A lovely fragrance IMO, I like it very much. I would buy a bottle if it wasn't for the price, €160 for a 100 ml bottle is too steep for my wallet. They made a bad decision to make this one an exclusive fragrance. Longevity is very good BTW.
    by the time you can afford good speakers, you can't hear the difference

A thumbs up from me on this one. I like this one a lot.

A mistake . . . couldn't find any redeeming features, I'm afraid.

I don't mind being in the minority here, but I'm persuaded to do a skin test to see if I'm missing something. I agree with Mr. reasonable in that I could not find a redeemable quality.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 28th March 2013 at 08:12 AM.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

The original Colonia is a classic but the subsequent riffs on the theme seem to get worse and worse.

This Oud one is extremely synthetic - I mean most of the obligatory 'Ouds' from western houses are - but this one just didn't click at all. Give it a shot, by all means - I tried it a couple of times but even with pretty low expectations to start with I was disappointed. I was reading elsewhere that someone had come up with a well tuned bergamote + oud and I don't see why citrus and oud couldn't work quite well but this one just seems confused.

It is a better Oud + lime than Montale Oud Lime. Oud lime is not the favorite combination

It's not bad. I clearly get the Acqua di Parma DNA in it, even though it is very different. It is a longevity BEAST, but I don't think the fragrance quite works. Nice to wear ever few months, but nothing I am ever really craving.

I think it is very good fragrance. I would choose this one over royal oud. Futhermore, i never consider oud as dark or night

the most amazing scent i ever smelled, totally unique, classy and sophisticated

Quote Originally Posted by zZMoonLightZz View Post
    I think it is very good fragrance. I would choose this one over royal oud. Futhermore, i never consider oud as dark or night
    +1.

very good, indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by zZMoonLightZz View Post
    I tried it at Saks Fifth and it was very nice.It does project very well and lasts, so maybe a spray to the chest. one at the bast of the throat and then to a wrist to dab against the other and that should be good to go. Too much, it gave my daughter a headache in the car. Just a spray or two, she was telling me it smelled nice, and since she usually never comments, that means its good.

I also tried this recently along with Colonia Leather. They both have the same DNA and I actually love them both. For me, at least for the climate I live in, these are "lighter" versions of leather/oud which is exactly what I would look for. By lighter I mean scent wise. Performance wise these last all day on me. Very nice indeed.