Code of Conduct

Default Prada Infusion d'homme

Hey everyone, I know there are a few topics about this scent, yet I have a rather unusual question. Yesterday I was in a Prada store as I love Infusion d'homme. Well, I do know it sits on the skin and is not the typical cloud-around-you perfume. However I almost never got any compliments while wearing it yet, which is quite... well, confusing. The assistant told me that 2 sprays are absolutely enough, and that it has rather strong top notes. What's your experience with that scent? I'm wondering if that's normal...

Default Re: Prada Infusion d'homme

For me it's perfectly normal not to get complimented on fragrances.
    Most people don't go in for that kind of thing unless it's to make conversation.
    I think it's a good understated scent, and if you feel like spraying more than twice then be a devil..

Basenotes Member

I got a lot of compliments from girls wearing infusion d'homme. To me, this is their best offering a true gem.

Indeed, in my opinion a fragrance of which even small quantities, few sprays go a long way. Yet no sillage or projection bomb, at least not in an obvious, striking way, however just subtly and discreetly lingering on (at least, according to what I experienced with this scent, as to my own impressions of this).

This is one of the only fragrances that I get "nothing" out of it. I've tested it probably 20 times and all I get us an alcohol/astringent smell. No other scent. When I see the bottle now I think hospitals. Not sure what the deal is.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 28th March 2013 at 12:45 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I found this fragrance to do absolutely nothing for me, unpleasant on my skin.

If you're a fan of super soapy fragrances then this will definitely be up your alley. I don't find myself reaching for it much, it has some note in it that is somewhat off putting to me and sorta irritates me.

This fragrance is one of the better non complimented fragrances around imo. It has no big, sweet, tangy, darkness or powerful "center of attention" hooks to reach out and demand a compliment. That is the point of this kind of thing. Infusion d' Homme is the men's version of Infusion d' Iris which is about as invisible and minimal an iris scent as you can find. It acts almost like antimatter in the fragrance world. This is MINIMALISM, pure and simple. A transparent mens floral of iris, violet, galbanum, leather, vetiver with an unnoticeable touch of diyhydromercynol for citrus. You won't ever get compliments on it - but you won't smell bad either - that is the point of this style of fragrance. Smells like fresh hard milled soap of a rare type. Typical of the Prada aesthetic of understated post modern elegance, this is almost an "unfragrance". Infusion d' Iris, Infusion d' Vetiver, Infusion d' Homme and Luna Rossa to a lesser degree, all have this sheer translucent and lighter than air mystery about them. It is a style of perfumer Daniella Andrier for these infusion fragrances to be illusive and hard to catch in the act of perfuming. Minimalism that is spare and to the bone but also is biting and crisp at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    This fragrance is one of the better non complimented fragrances around imo. It has no big, sweet, tangy, darkness or powerful "center of attention" hooks to reach out and demand a compliment. That is the point of this kind of thing. Infusion d' Homme is the men's version of Infusion d' Iris which is about as invisible and minimal an iris scent as you can find. It acts almost like antimatter in the fragrance world. This is MINIMALISM, pure and simple. A transparent mens floral of iris, violet, galbanum, leather, vetiver with an unnoticeable touch of diyhydromercynol for citrus. You won't ever get compliments on it - but you won't smell bad either - that is the point of this style of fragrance. Smells like fresh hard milled soap of a rare type. Typical of the Prada aesthetic of understated post modern elegance, this is almost an "unfragrance". Infusion d' Iris, Infusion d' Vetiver, Infusion d' Homme and Luna Rossa to a lesser degree, all have this sheer translucent and lighter than air mystery about them. It is a style of perfumer Daniella Andrier for these infusion fragrances to be illusive and hard to catch in the act of perfuming. Minimalism that is spare and to the bone but also is biting and crisp at the same time.
    Instead, maybe try this: sharply synthetic soap.

Hard for me to justify wasting any more words than that on Infusion d'Homme.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver