Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default SOTD - Thursday 28th March, 2013

Morning all!

l'm wearing Carolina Herrera today, from the back of the wardrobe, & further affirming my membership of the bombastic perfumes fan club!

l'm off into town for a little shopping, maybe some sniffing, & then a bite to eat with my bf.

Have a great day, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Default Re: SOTD - Thursday 28th March, 2013

Good afternoon! I'm in Portrait of a Lady today... but then Baiser Vole came through the door... what to do?! POAL is so strong it just won't go away! Never mind. Baiser Vole could wait. I wonder if you could guess who this is? Hint: he was an English photographer. cecil beaton dressed as a woman for a play.jpg
    Do happy

Afternoon All,

Good start to the day: I schlepped in to work only to find it closed for Easter (!). Guess I should read those circular emails...
    So, working from home instead.
    SotD is Habit Rouge EdT (from a sample). Talk about a 180. Once upon a time, I loathed this. Now I'm seriously considering a bottle. That's what I love about this hobby.
    Wishing everyone a great day.

Ps: Lady M: Cecil Beaton ? ( I cheated by hovering my mouse over the photo).

Hello everyone -

I'm in a posh cloud of vintage Miss Dior this morning, 60s parfum and edt.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, beautiful Caron Montaigne for me.

Wish all a lovely day.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Creed Original Vetiver

Dr. G, I think the office being closed is a clue that you DO NOT have to work today Go out and play!

From the back of the wardrobe challenge, I've pulled out Acqua di Parma's Magnolia Nobile. The last time I wore this, I got an offputting note that turned me from it for a very long time. We will try again today.

Easter spring break starts tomorrow - I will finally have some time to relax, laze away and eat a lot of delicious Easter food.

SotD is Parfumerie Generale Cuir Venenum

Blog Entries

Good morning all!

I'm in Eau d'Hadrien today and once again taking my mom and daughter to appointments...

Good morning everyone!

Datura Blanche today. This is the only 'floral' perfume my daughter #2 likes, at least out of the things I have.

Aoud Ever by Montale

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Dr. G, I think the office being closed is a clue that you DO NOT have to work today Go out and play!
    That's how I'd interpret it too, cello. It's good, solid advice g - you should take it.

...Acqua de Parma's Magnolia Nobile. The last time I wore this, I got an offputting note that turned me from it for a very long time. We will try again today.
    Really?? I had no idea! Once you introduced me to it I was so instantly and completely smitten ...I suppose I just assumed you loved it, too! Well, maybe today's a good day for a reintroduction - perhaps you'll really hit it off this time.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Bonjour!
    vintage Z-14

Good morning everyone!

Pulled Citizen Queen from the back of my wardrobe. This was my first real niche buy. Something about it is just perfect today.

I agree with everyone else g, no work for you! Enjoy your break Lucasi, I keep forgetting Easter Sunday is this weekend. Don't forget to take care of yourself 30R, while you are so busy taking care of everyone else.

Hehe, thank you Cello, Mrs.E and Elizrj.
    I'm fortunate to really enjoy what I do (most of the time), so I'm happy to work a little at home today. Will definitely take Monday off, though.

Good afternoon

I'm in Diptyque Eau Duelle this chilly day

Basenotes Plus

Good morning, everyone!

Enjoy your break from school, Lucas!

Wearing Bottega Veneta this morning.

Have a great day!

Dunhill ~ Desire (Red).

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Don't forget to take care of yourself 30R, while you are so busy taking care of everyone else.
    THIS, 30Roses

Enjoy your much-deserved break, Lucas: laze, lounge, loaf, and lolly-gag to your heart's content!

Oh, easyfish, the memories of teenage crushes that you're bringing back in that vintage Z-14.... Sigh

I can't stop smiling today. It seems spring is finally here, and I wore a spring jacket (no more winter coats!) to the office for the first time this year -- bright coral and SO CUTE!!

Obviously, this smiley state of affairs required an equally happy-inducing fragrance, so I chose the orange blossom from my OB/Neroli mini-quest that utterly knocked me out: Houbigant Oranger en Fleurs! The nutmeg and musk underpinnings of this one remind me of the musky effect in the equally lovely Songes.

Disclaimer: I just ordered a sample of LAP Seville a L'Aube at the urging of many, so I'll hold off on making any final decisions, but the Houbigant is too fabulous not to announce my intentions. I also found myself loving Robert Piguet Mademoiselle Piguet, and it's is different enough from Oranger en Fleurs that I may need to own both of them.

I don't know if Oranger en Fleurs is bombastic enough to qualify me for the club today, but Mademoiselle Piguet -- which I suspect I'll be wearing tomorrow -- definitely is.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 28th March 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD - Thursday 28th March, 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Wearing Tan Giudicelli Annam for the challenge - incense, lily, milk and rice.

Basenotes Plus

Still rummaging in my perfume cabinet, AdP, Iris Nobile edt for me today.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Institution

Fille en Aiguilles by Serge Lutens

The last of my bottle.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

SL Chergui

Gorgeous weather at mountains, lots of cross-country skiing)))
    Last edited by Sapfir; 28th March 2013 at 03:37 PM.
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Hi everyone!
    I am using up some much-neglected Fendi from the back
    of my bathroom cabinet. Very STRONG and nose-tingling!
    Spices and a medicinal note.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I smell like this guy, because I'm wearing Imaginary Authors' "The Cobra and the Canary". Any hay in it has been smothered by a truckload of tar. A tough scent to wear.

Basenotes Plus

Afternoon all. Envious of those preparing for an Easter break. Alas, not for me - various circumstances have conspired to ensure that I will be working on both Good Friday and Easter Monday so it will be just like a regular weekend .

SotD is V&R Antidote.

G, I was exactly the same with Habit Rouge until a sudden epiphany - I still wonder why I don't wear it more often SO inspired by your post I will be doing so this evening

(((30R))) you are such a trooper.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 28th March 2013 at 05:03 PM.

SOTD: Today I am wearing Madonna's Truth or Dare. I actually like this fragrance quite a bit, although its still very new to me. I have never had the pleasure of smelling Fracas, and I heard that Madonna adored that scent, and that her perfume is very similar (which is why I bought it!) I spritzed a couple quick sprays on myself before going to Costco last night and I was happy to receive 2 compliments from random shoppers. I can see why a little goes a long way with this perfume, it can be a bit strong. If used correctly, I think it smells wonderful!

I have read both great reviews and HORRID reviews online about Truth or Dare. I admit I am fairly new to my perfume obsession (addiction!)**cough - so is my nose just completely untrained or is this getting a bad rap for being another "celebrity" perfume? Maybe its because it doesn't smell just like all of the other gazillions of fruity florals that the young women today seem to favor...I dunno. I do know that I smell pretty!!
    ****Making the world a better place One Scented Hug at a Time.... ****

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

From "back of the wardrobe," I'm wearing Sel de Vetiver and a spritz of Black Vetyver Cafe. While BVC has been a longtime wardrobe fave, I think SdV's thrill-a-bility may have come and gone.
    Spring fever overtook me today. I was virtually manic by the time I got to the Post Office. The other errand I ran was to pick up a free microwave oven. Our old one pooped out, so I checked our local "freecycle" site (a forum through Yahoo), and not two miles from me was someone giving away a nice Panasonic.

May you find time for PT (perfume therapy), 30R.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    That's how I'd interpret it too, cello. It's good, solid advice g - you should take it.

Really?? I had no idea! Once you introduced me to it I was so instantly and completely smitten ...I suppose I just assumed you loved it, too! Well, maybe today's a good day for a reintroduction - perhaps you'll really hit it off this time.
    Don't worry, Mrs. E, I have rediscovered my affection for Magnolia Nobile! I don't know what it was a couple years ago, but twice I wore it to work and found some sharp note. I tucked it away for a while, and now it is back to it's lemony, slightly creamy magnolia accord that I loved so much.

Ah, the beauty of visiting old favorites.

Sampling Chamade again. Love it, love it, love it!!! I think it's my next FB for sure.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

From the back of my cupboard, today I'm wearing Lolita Lempicka

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post

G, I was exactly the same with Habit Rouge until a sudden epiphany - I still wonder why I don't wear it more often SO inspired by your post I will be doing so this evening

Well, I'm honoured to be in such esteemed company. Heaven knows what prompted me to dig out my sample the other day, but I'm sure glad I did. And, it just so happens I've some store credit at Harrods I could put towards a bottle.
    Sorry to hear you've no Easter break. Hope you've at least a nice bottle of wine for tomorrow.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Sorry to hear you've no Easter break. Hope you've at least a nice bottle of wine for tomorrow.
    You already know the answer

^ I get the whole Friday evening "wine o'clock" thing, but y'all don't really wait for Friday (or evening) to enjoy a glass of wine or two, do you? I say live a little and have a glass right now ...I'm on my second.

I'm in Calvin Klein for the afternoon.

Hello all,

Very sad days here,
    we were shocked to watch the killing of Cyprus in just a few hours...

I am wearing my new acquisition,

Safari - Ralph Lauren

Don't worry, Mrs. E, I have rediscovered my affection for Magnolia Nobile! I don't know what it was a couple years ago, but twice I wore it to work and found some sharp note. I tucked it away for a while, and now it is back to it's lemony, slightly creamy magnolia accord that I loved so much.

Ah, the beauty of visiting old favorites.
    You said it! I'm so glad to hear you've rediscovered what drew you to it in the first place.

Oh, ((*dora*)) - I was just reading about it. I'm so sorry for what you're going through ...and I know it's no consolation whatsoever, but you smell gorgeous. I do hope you enjoy your beautiful new Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    ^ I get the whole Friday evening "wine o'clock" thing, but y'all don't really wait for Friday (or evening) to enjoy a glass of wine or two, do you? I say live a little and have a glass right now ...I'm on my second. .
    Lush ! hehe.

No, temperance isn't in my nature.
    You gotta admit though, that Friday glass does taste the best

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Lush ! hehe.

No, temperance isn't in my nature.
    You gotta admit though, that Friday glass does taste the best
    Lol! Working only part-time, I suppose I forgot what the M-F 9-to-5 grind is like ...I take the weekend for granted, and enjoy my various delicious cocktails all week long, hehe.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l'm wearing Carolina Herrera today, from the back of the wardrobe, & further affirming my membership of the bombastic perfumes fan club!

Bombastic fantastic !.

(Tonka Bean ? )

Blog Entries

Jon, if it's any consolation, l'm working on Sunday & Monday too. As a shift worker at the hospital, weekends off are a novelty for me. This also means though that wine o'clock can take place on pretty much any day of the week!

Edit; l just saw your last post, LOL at "tonka Bean"!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

My SOTD is Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano.

Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Basenotes Plus

SotE is La vie est belle.

Blog Entries

Updating on what little sniffing l did in town today; l have about a zillion points to spend on my Boots Advantage Card, so l'm considering using them to get a bottle of Armani Acqua di Gioia for the summer. l've tried it on skin before, but l wanted to compare it with the new Essenza version, so l tried both on paper.
    The Essenza smells nowhere near as good to me; it's somehow fruitier, with a prominent pink pepper note, making it much more like all the other mainstream scents out there. What l like about the original is its long-lasting lemon & mint notes; it's perfectly refreshing in hot, humid weather. l might well go for this one. Then again l might just buy another bottle of Samsara.

l did find a couple of bargains in TK Maxx; Truth or Dare shower gel & Korres Fig body butter, for a grand total of £7.99. Score!

Blog Entries

((elizrj, ExtremeK, and Quarry))

I've applied some "PT" (perfume therapy) just now and am smiling again!

La/Tulipe AND Fleur de Rocaille

EVANGELINE IN NEW ORLEANS, good choice with vintage Miss Dior. It's in the Front of My Fragrance Wardrobe. Can't wait to get vintage Diorling in the mail, my last big splurge for a while. A fun and joyous Easter/Passover for every one!!!!

happy is the bleu heart<3

In honor of the full moon (which was especially gorgeous last night), I am wearing i Profumi di Firenze Plenilunio.

From the iPdF website:
    Plenilunio (Full Moon) ~ “Inspired by the dazzling headiness of the full moon, this rich and romantic perfume opens with a whisper of mandarin followed by a voluptuous bouquet of summer strawberries. Creamy notes of white musk and soft woods are gently spiced with amber creating an enchanting kiss of silver moon beams on the skin.”

​Hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Was working all day today. tired (stirred but not shaken, perhaps?). Love Mr.Tonka Bean -- even at the Olympic Games he was a highlight of the ceremony.

Took 6 Jo Malones to work last night, tested them all and once again -- do not need anything in big bottles, except for Blackberry and Bay is nice (salty berries anyone?).

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day -- a friend requested them Irish Shortbread cookies, I scored two almost perfect piggy-looking eggplants at HyVee (no, there ain't no rat in my ratatouille) and the weather is nice enough for grilling outside (hamburgers are a perfect working man's steak, right? and we do not do any pork here). And then i work 7 hours in the PM.

Craving figs again -- I crave them regularly, about once a month. There is no fig perfume in existence for me, I am afraid. I would like it very sweet and not very woody (almost like Cristobal but figgier?).

Rouge Hermes.

(((T)))

I thought you would like the Blackberry and Bay, that blackcurrant. I don't do pork either, just not fan generally. Sometimes a pepperoni pizza but red meat, not really a fan, or fish. Hubs likes his workin' man's steak and sometimes I will have a few bites. Thankfully hubs disdains fish and all seafood.

A good fig would be nice, not sure if I found one worth getting yet.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.