Code of Conduct

Default Cologne experts what cologne smells like watermelon all day long

Cologne experts please tell me what cologne smells like a big burst of watermelon from the moment you spray it on when it drys down it still smells like watermelon all day long my budget is up to $30

Banned

Default Re: Cologne experts what cologne smells like watermelon all day long

You're welcome!

http://www.perfume-worldwide.com/pro...hp?code=U-4618 <--36 dollars before promo 10%off. Put in the code thats on the main page and its right around 30 bucks

I've got Franck Olivier Sun Java which has an awesome watermelon note in it. It's got pretty decent longevity and can be worn year round in really any kind of weather. Also, it's very cheap.

Escada for women.

- - - Updated - - -

Escada for women.

for swap/sale:

Mugler cologne reminds me of melon.

Quote Originally Posted by King Michael View Post
    I've got Franck Olivier Sun Java which has an awesome watermelon note in it. It's got pretty decent longevity and can be worn year round in really any kind of weather. Also, it's very cheap.
    Agree.

Hermes Le Jardin Apres la Mousson - I get juicy fresh watermelon all the way though even though it's not listed as a note... refreshing
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

To a certain extent, even the regular CK One, not just the flankers.

Kenneth Cole Reaction

Maxim's Orphee is the first one that comes to mind

This +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick_Trick View Post
    Hermes Le Jardin Apres la Mousson - I get juicy fresh watermelon all the way though even though it's not listed as a note... refreshing

Quote Originally Posted by wilz View Post
    Maxim's Orphee is the first one that comes to mind
    definitely. It's as soliflore a watermelon as reaction, but far more natural.

Millesime Imperial
    Amouage Arcus
    Maxims Orphee

Those are my favorite watermelon scents. If you need longevity, try the Amouage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Michael View Post
    have you tried Kenneth Cole reaction or maxims orphee to compare ?

Can you compare Sun Java to any other scent ?
    I have Sun Java White and think its an awful copy of SMW.

Where can I find Maxims Orphee? Thanks!

I heard this one smells like watermelon:
    Chic for Men
    BY CAROLINA HERRERA
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122610.html

CologneFan85

Gucci guilty smells like watermelon, and ck summer

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Kenneth Cole Reaction
    +1. Except for the all day long part... Unless your day lasts 4 hours.

Carolina Herrera Chic for men.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Millesime imperial doesn't have any watermelon notes.

Polo Blue

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    Really? It sure smells like it to me? I guess I must have a good batch.

But it costs more than $30, and doesn't last all day.

melon-persian.jpg

Millesime Imperial, Kenneth Cole Reaction, Hermes Mousson

watermelon-whole-and-slices.jpg

I couldn't find a proper one yet. Maybe CH Chic.

I get both melon and watermelon notes in my bottle of Millesime Imperial definitely, although short-lived but all the way the scent is present.
    Mine batch number is A3310K01.
    (I apologize Creed haters for potentially starting a new Creed thread here!!!)
    But apart from disagreement, the main thing is that this bottle is never going to match our mate bodget!

Banned
    Blog Entries

a lot of people say it smells like watermelon, though every single source from the creed boutique says there is no melon in there.

and i actually dont get any watermelon from it.

eddie bauer pure is a great frag also

Another one for Millesime Imperial.

a lot of people say it smells like watermelon, though every single source from the creed boutique says there is no melon in there.

and i actually dont get any watermelon from it.
    Well you're in the minority then ND. There are literally hundreds of members on here (including myself) that get that impression from MI. Everytime watermelon is mentioned, someone's answer is always MI.

Just because it's not listed in the notes, doesn't mean it's not in there. Note pyramids are supposed to give a rough idea of a fragrance, they don't list every note in the composition. Regardless, Creed lists "crisp fruit notes" in the top of MI, could these fuit notes not include the watermelon that eveybody seems to be smelling?

Does your opinion on this have anything to do with the troll thread started last week by Xerbia?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ugh-watermelon

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_Trick View Post
    Agreed.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a watermelon fragrance that lasts very long. The longest lasting one I have tried is Cool Water Game. You can find this for under 25 bucks usually.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, may wanna check out Paris Hilton for Men. It has a watermelon smell. Not sure if melon is in the notes though.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Ymer View Post
    Anyone?

Try Curve Appeal

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Well you're in the minority then ND. There are literally hundreds of members on here (including myself) that get that impression from MI. Everytime watermelon is mentioned, someone's answer is always MI.

Just because it's not listed in the notes, doesn't mean it's not in there. Note pyramids are supposed to give a rough idea of a fragrance, they don't list every note in the composition. Regardless, Creed lists "crisp fruit notes" in the top of MI, could these fuit notes not include the watermelon that eveybody seems to be smelling?

Does your opinion on this have anything to do with the troll thread started last week by Xerbia?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ugh-watermelon
    My first impression was that ND's posts were just a reference to the trolling thread.

But it is true that I don't see melon listed specifically as a note in MI, though lemon is -- and I don't get any lemon at all in it.

Whatever it is, I love it. And it does smell melony to me. Maybe not pure watermelon, but melony.

Unfortunately, it's too expensive for the original poster. I tried some of the alternatives, such as Kenneth Cole and Cool Water Game, but found them really nasty to my nose -- like synthetic clouds. If I could find a cheaper melony scent, I'd wear it, but only Unforgivable Multi Platinum has ever approached the melon in MI, and it's not available any more.

Maxim's Orphee has been on my "to try" list for a while, but I don't know of an easy source for it in the States, and it hasn't been stocked by the discounters I typically buy from. Haven't looked in a few months, though.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Ymer View Post
    Maxim's will only ship to France : http://www.maxims-shop.com/Maxim27s-...men-a3834.html

The only other place I've seen a bottle of Orphee available is on Ebay.

Cereus #12 Pour Femme. Yes, it is listed as a feminine scent, but is a very fruity fragrance and has the scent of watermelon throughout it. I personally have not tried it, but a friend who has it, likes it.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

Signature by Beckham! A truly summery, watermelon, marine fragrance. Always reminds me of a cool breeze on the beach while drinking a watermelon cocktail!

Oh, and it's dirt cheap - a 50 ml bottle can be bought for as little as £15.00 or so!!