Code of Conduct

Default SOTD, Friday 29 March 2013

Good morning smelly friends <3
    Today, I am wearing my new scent: Baiser Vole extrait by Cartier. I <3 this! robert-doisneau.jpg
    Do happy

Default Re: SOTD, Friday 29 March 2013

Happy Good Friday, for GF, the symbolic pomegranate..

BVL Omnia Coral.
    Last edited by kalli; 29th March 2013 at 11:40 AM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Plus

Loving the beautiful images!

Chanel No. 5 for me today.

Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Sieste by Fragonard

kalli, these pictures are candy for an eye, you know (of course beige_brown is my favorite combo)? I like your SotD too and what you said last night on yesterday's SotD thread.

OK, the challenge is The Most Silent scent from the Back of the Wardrobe? I can do this. Yardley Iris, how about that?

ExtremeK, I loved your thoughts yesterday too. Will come back to your post to read more about the scents with oranges/orange blossom. So that Piguet is very wearable, you say? And also, any chance you can post the picture of that bright jacket (or a link to a similar one)?

Platinum Egoiste

Hello everyone -

I'm craving lush, vivacious magnolias this morning, so I chose L'Instant de Guerlain, edt.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good morning!
    ..vintage (80s) EDT

Thumbs up Re: SOTD, Friday 29 March 2013

from samples

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Afternoon All,

Musc Ravageur today.

Have a lovely Friday, gang.

Hello everyone!

Twolf - Thank you for so much for kind words the other day, but I am afraid I can't take credit for the word 'bombastic.' I wanted to explain the origins, but Jon beat me to it with the irresistible dance by Mr. (Tonka) Bean. Originally this song was called Mr. Boombastic by Shaggy.

Re 1932. I did give it full wear yesterday like a good girl and I see now why it's so appealing despite it's politeness. I smelled echos of both 28 La Pausa and 31 Rue Cambon, but there was something else in there, very elusive. Still too polite to be my cup of tea, but the dry down was absolutely exquisite. Mr. came for lunch yesterday and commented on how good I smelled. Usually when it comes to Chanel I have to wrench the compliments from him (except Coromandel) so it wasn't so polite after all, I guess.

Le Labo Rose 31

In sync in Infusion d'Iris. Will likely be a quiet scent weekend as Mr.PL brought home a stomach bug that appears to be of satanic origin. Truly evil stuff, BLECH! This really is one looong winter.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Good morning, I'm fruitilicious in mango lotion & Mure et Musc, playing against type I guess as I am dressed in tight jeans, high heels, black sweater - at my work Friday is jeans day, but they have decided not to allow any sneakers, even fashion nonathletic ones, which is fine, they don't want it getting *too* casual, but the only other shoes I have are the high heels that I wear to work the rest of the week...And high heels look ridiculous with jeans that are not, um, very fitted. So I end up looking a little bit trampy on Fridays, LOL.

Wonderful pics today, folks!

Not really in synch, but staying with the back of the wardrobe challenge plan, I am wearing Gres Cabaret.

Wine o'clock after tennis will be a crisp Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. Can't wait. Of course, Mrs. E may have already started

^^ Lol ...I started yesterday!

Enjoy your tennis, and your Sauvignon Blanc!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Back of the closet you say?

I'll have to dig out Poivre Samarcande. Not been worn since it was bought!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Frank No. 1 this morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Evangeline, what a gorgeous picture of magnolias!

Jon, I laughed so hard at your Bombastic Fantastic video. That's pretty much how I'd look dancing.

I'm wearing Ormonde Woman from my little decant again today. This is a serious contender for my Vienna perfume splurge in May.

Didn't know that's your fave color combo T, good to know! Not sure what my fave combo is.

(((perfumedlady))))

Very nice pics of flowers guys.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Plus

Beautiful flower pictures, Evangeline and Whitefluffy!

My most silent fragrance would have to be Vera Wang Look, but that was just a little
    too silent for me today. So I chose the subtle Calvin Klein Beauty, which I like a lot.

Have a great day!

Basenotes Institution

In Sync in:

Hermessence Brin de Reglisse by Hermes

Lavender/licorice/minimalism. The balance is perfectly poised and hushed.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Blog Entries

Hello all,

A late start to today for me with Crabtree & Evelyn Gardenia.

Wishing a pleasant Good Friday to all.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I got the chance to sniff a couple of the Floral Curiosities, both of which I am not impressed. Poet's Jasmine..where is the jasmine? I just smell sweet. Scarlet's Larkspur? I don't get any notes at all in that one. It smells like Versace Bright Crystal or something. Which, I hate to use the term but smells like non-descript hair spray, alcohol..not much else, musk maybe. I was really wanting to smell the SL given the notes..but where are they? It was a decant so..idk. Briar is far better than any FC I've smelled so far, just imo.

Mike
    , for some reason I get a huge tomato in that Hermes. I know, it's not listed in the notes but right after the opening, I get tomato. Which, I personally didn't like but glad you like that one!
    Last edited by kalli; 29th March 2013 at 01:32 PM.

tdem, I love the new avatar. You have such a friendly, pretty smile

PerfumedLady, I'm sending your immune system lots of iron-strong thoughts -- can you help it along with some Vitamin C and D3? I'm very much hoping that the virulence of this bug means it will be over quickly, and so please send along my wishes for a speedy recovery to PerfumedGent.

Jon, that video had me in stitches!! And elizrj, I only *wish* I could dance that well. Stinking fantastic.

Robin, I seriously doubt you look trampy I'm betting more along the lines of ZA-ZA-ZING!!

Well, Twolf, you and I both know that any fragrance recommendation *I* give really should carry with it a big ol' asterisk: WARNING: THERE IS A 90% OR BETTER CHANCE THAT THIS FRAGRANCE WILL GIVE YOU A TOOTHACHE.

I have such a sweet tooth (sweet nose?) and, while I'm appreciating and wearing more fragrances that aren't as sweet, the sweet, syrupy ones still form the foundation of my wardrobe. So, while I don't find Houbigant Orangers en Fleurs sweet at all (in the same way I don't find Songes sweet), let me be the first to acknowledge that Mademoiselle Piguet is VERY SWEET. It's as if someone took a raft of orange blossoms and set them floating in a bowl of simple syrup and double-strength natural vanilla extract. There's no green (to my nose, at least). This is not subtle. This is not complicated. This is not fleeting. And I'm not quite sure how to explain this, but even though it's OVERT, it's not LOUD. It doesn't have a huge sillage in the way that so many gardenia, tuberose, and jasmine fragrances do. Somehow, that sweet vanilla holds the volume down.

So I don't know if most people would consider it easy to wear (except in the sense that it's uncomplicated), but it sure appeals to my sweet tooth, and I enjoy it very much. And it makes me today, as I'm wearing it, very much NOT in synch. So, with irrepressible smiles continuing in full force, I shall trumpet -- very much UNSILENTLY -- my SotD:

ROBERT PIGUET MADEMOISELLE PIGUET!!!

Oh, and here's a link to the trench coat. In addition to the fabulous color (the unfortunately-named "Shrimp," which looks much more red in the photo than its actual deep coral color), it has a great little gathered, empire waist and floppy lapels. LOVE IT! http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/pr...mPathInfo=null

From the back of my cupboard, I'm wearing Isa Bella, by Isabella Rosselini, and this is reminding me why it's at the back of my cupboard (unfortunately).

Basenotes Plus

The most "silent" scent I have is The Different Company Osmanthus. Whisper soft, pale, barely there apricot skin.

Perfumelady, I hope your tummy feels better very soon.

Last week 12.7" of snow at Lambert St Louis airport, today jonquils blooming & bird song. So, I thought I'd share a silly song.

RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Turtle Vetiver Back

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

LOL, RHM & JR.

Hove Camellia = baby oil to the 2nd power. Shhhhh. Enjoying the silence of it.

Happy, healthy vibes to you all.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I've just been hanging out today so far, reading, doing routine financial stuff, drinking tea and trying to feel like a human again after a long week.
    Daughter has a cold and just now came out of her room. Yesterday she said she wanted to go shopping for jeans today; we'll see if she can get up the energy to do it.

I haven't applied any scent yet but I am about to go reach for my bottle of Aqua Allegoria Lilia Bella.

Amouage Dia today from a decant (can't decide if I need... no, if I "want" a full bottle).

SOTE

Blog Entries

SOTE is Alien Liqueur de Parfum.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    ...Mike[/B], for some reason I get a huge tomato in that Hermes. I know, it's not listed in the notes but right after the opening, I get tomato. Which, I personally didn't like but glad you like that one!
    Nope, no tomato here (although I love tomato notes). It sort of has that caramelic quality of many lavenders (like the Caron Pour Homme) but with no vanilla, but the burnt sweetness is intensified with that candied anise. Incredibly soothing. Larimar gave me a whole bunch of samples, he was very generous, so I'm going through them quickly and loving all of them. The only one I have yet to drain is Paprika Brasil which I wear more in Spring/Summer - it's a great hot, sticky sort of scent.

Staying with lavender (not necessarily a 'silent' one) in:

L'Heure Vertueuse III by Cartier

Gosh, this stuff is gorgeous. I really am silently obsessing about owning this one.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Just out from my second shower of the day. My t-shirt is wearing the hushed scent Bulgari Au The Blanc. ATB smells better on cotton than it does on my skin.

First labor of the season now checked off the list: pruning grapevine, apple and pear trees.

Blog Entries

Wearing Miss Dior Cherie (2011 version).
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Concentre d'Orange Verte again. I'm a sucker for this one.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Hello again -

I'm in Deneuve for the remains of the day. Have a good evening, everyone!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Wine o'clock after tennis will be a crisp Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand.
    Exactly the same here - the case of wine my sister sent from down under is now empty, and the final bottle was a Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough region we visited when last there. Tastes like nectar from the gods after a hard day at the grindstone. The hot cross buns that preceded it were pretty good too .

SotD is L'Eau D'Hiver, reapplied for the evening.

Off into the Metropolis tomorrow for fragrant indulgence, caffeine, chocolate, and maybe a little imbibing too (it is Easter after all )
    (Extremek, Boutonniere No 7 is still very much on the hit list).

(((PerfumedLady)))

I'm wearing II L'Heure Convoitee this evening.

Blog Entries

SotE - Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford (from a sample)

Basenotes Plus

Chamade edc for tonight. I love, love, love this fragrance!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Sampling L'Heure Bleue this evening. Have a good one, y'all! RHM, I love Chamade too.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Sinan by JM Sinan. Good night.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganFay View Post
    I'm wearing II L'Heure Convoitee this evening.
    I've been wanting to try that one! I love carnation. *sniffs MorganFay*.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    tdem, I love the new avatar. You have such a friendly, pretty smile
    Thank you, ExtremeK, for the lovely compliment! Very kind of you to say.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain