Code of Conduct

Thread: Ormonde Man

Default Ormonde Man

Where in US can I buy Ormonde Man
    I have looked on Ormonde website but they asking 60$ shipping to US

Default Re: Ormonde Man

Nowhere that I know of. However, in the past, Ormonde Jayne had sometimes offered free shipping to the US on some special occasions (like mother's day). Not sure this will continue if shipping prices have increased - I remember shipping being expensive but not this expensive.

cacio

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Nowhere that I know of. However, in the past, Ormonde Jayne had sometimes offered free shipping to the US on some special occasions (like mother's day). Not sure this will continue if shipping prices have increased - I remember shipping being expensive but not this expensive.

cacio
    I am pretty sure this higher charge is due to the new UK shipping regulations.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Fom the web

Due to changing regulations, as of January 1st 2013, the shipping of perfumes internationally is now considered the shipping of 'Dangerous Goods'. Regrettably this means that every bottle of perfume which is 50ml and over is now subject to a surcharge of £45 ($90) per shipment, plus the cost of shipping! We understand that the surcharge is very expensive, therefore Ormonde Jayne will help to absorb a large percentage of the shipping costs and will increase our contribution on larger orders.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    I am pretty sure this higher charge is due to the new UK shipping regulations.
    From what I have heard for other member, they are no longer using the Postal Service, but are shipping Fedex.

The main postal system here in the UK the "Royal Mail" has banned international shipping for perfumes so businesses like Ormonde Jayne have to find other couriers that will ship flammable alcohol liquids like fragrances abroad. Which is why shipping is so expensive, have not seen it sold elsewhere except for the official site and Harrods.

Have been thinking about buying this blind myself though I have no idea what it smells like or if it is full bottle worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    The main postal system here in the UK the "Royal Mail" has banned international shipping for perfumes so businesses like Ormonde Jayne have to find other couriers that will ship flammable alcohol liquids like fragrances abroad.
    That's no longer the case, Jack. The policy has been amended from April.

Yes, I received my Ormonde Man a few weeks ago - they had my order on hold for a month, because the restrictions were put in place after I had placed my order, but before it shipped (they had to send their people to a week-long "training" thing on the regulations or something or other). Shipping is now very high, but they only charged me like $15 (since I ordered / paid before the switchover). My order was delayed a month, but it was worth it. I also think it would be worth paying $50 for the shipping for that product. However it would probably keep me from buying some of their other fragrances like Isfarkand.

Hopefully now they will open shops in North America since the new shipping will probably greatly reduce sales to this large market.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Have been thinking about buying this blind myself though I have no idea what it smells like or if it is full bottle worthy.
    I wouldn't. At least call or email them first and see if they'll send you a sample. If not, PM me and I'll dig up mine.

I know it's a bit of a favourite here amongst many people but I wouldn't recommend buying it blind - there is a fairly widely used synthetic 'woods' note in there that is extremely harsh to me, making it unwearable. Maybe it's just me . . . Dunno.

Ouch. Well, this means no more free shipping, I guess. As others have said, let's hope that the higher shipping costs will induce her to have a US distributor. Though I'm not sure there was much of a market to start with.

Jack: since you are in the UK, you should profit from the first trip to London and check yourself. I admire but am not a fan of Ormonde Man, which I see as a more synthetic and simple Ormonde woman (and I don't really love it either). But if you like woody and marine, there's nothing better in the world.

cacio

Great fragrance. The main thing to know is that you have to like cardamom.

And let them know they need to sell their fragrances through Luckyscent.com
    Last edited by pluran; 29th March 2013 at 05:38 PM.

Banned

Oh i love Ormonde man:-) , i find it so interesting different, yet wearable every day

Do you like Timbuktu? If yes i think you may like this one as well, not becuase they are same, but of that woody note,It doesn't smell synthetic to me at all, its peppery, if you like spiced up stuff, but this is so nicely balanced , because i dont like pepery notes usually because they smell cheap but here is just to give it masculine touch and makes a lot of sense

I think its great masculine!! Very wearable and has that Timbuktu kind of touch , its different

But since i know Homage feels feminine to you am not sure, this one smells unisex, has some sweetness and those peppers balance out, but nothing like modern frags who play with sweet spices, this is example of how its supposed to be done, i my view
    Last edited by iivanita; 29th March 2013 at 07:15 PM.

Basenotes Junkie

Bumping an old thread. Interested in more opinions on the scent itself. Thanks...

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    Bumping an old thread. Interested in more opinions on the scent itself. Thanks...
    My opinion: Since testing this a couple of months back from a decant I got from a BNer, I'd moved this to my must-buy list. Very different kind of green/woody notes that I find fantastic. I've worn the decant casually, to a wedding, and work. It did fine in all scenarios, and showed tenacious longevity, although polite sillage. I also think it will wear fine in at least 3 seasons, although the Houston heat may make me put it up for most of the Summer.

Acquiring it seems to be the hardest aspect. I just purchased a FB in Bucharest yesterday. I'm here on business, but lucked up, and found that there's exactly 1 boutique in town (HipNose) that carries it. Unfortunately, the outrageous shipping seems to be built into the price here as well, it was 590 RON, which is about $180 USD - or about the same as buying it on the Ormonde site and having it shipped. I'd already made my mind up to acquire it either way, but it appears that for anyone buying outside of London, we may just have to open the wallet a bit wider.

If it means anything for you, this one will be finding a place in my wardrobe next to Bois d'Orage and Chanel 19, which are some of my other very favorites in this genre.