bottle looks great
DSQUARED² presents a fragrance for men and adds it to the collection called Potion. The fragrance was launched in 2013 in collaboration with perfumer Mathilde Bijaoui by transforming a color (Blue Cadet) into a fragrance.
The perfumer was inspired by a specific shade of blue to create a charismatic blend of fresh and aromatic accords on a woody base. Special charm is provided to the edition by the unique woody note blue hemlock absolute which provides a woody-aromatic-fruity face to the fragrance, with additions of black currant. This ingredient was created by using the technique of molecular distillation at the Mane Company.
The composition of the new fragrance contains the following notes:
bergamot, pink grapefruit, mandarin
fir tree resin, blue hemlock
white cedar, musk, tonka
Will have to sample this.
dsquared2 ruined my love for the cinnamon note (think egoiste) and I hope that this doesn't do the same
I love and own the original but somehow this version does not interest me much...
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Sounds nice and woody. Looking forward to sniffing it
I hope they improved the projection on this one though
I'm keen to try this - the original Potion deserves more notoriety, and if the blackcurrant smells good, this could be a buy for me.
I read someone say that this smells like Issey Miyake Sport, but with a better dry down. Kinda dissapointed by this now, but will reserve judgement until I try it for myself.