Code of Conduct

Default Modern Memories / What New " CURRENT" Fragrances Will Be Talked About In 10 Years From Now

We do a lot of reminiscing on this site about the classics. Unfortunately they aren't the same...beating a dead horse.

What fragrances do you think people will be talking about in 10 years from now that we currently have on sale today ? What will be the new classics ?

I think Dior's Leather Oud and Montale Dark Aoud could be contenders. Otherwise the question has me stumped

Please consider the scent itself but also sillage and longevity. The complete package.

Default Re: Modern Memories / What New " CURRENT" Fragrances Will Be Talked About In 10 Years From Now

Jardin D Amalfi is a frag I see being talked about for a while.
    Last edited by sjg3839; 29th March 2013 at 05:06 PM.

Default Re: Modern Memories / What New " CURRENT" Fragrances Will Be Talked About In 10 Years From Now

Chanel Sycamore

Impossible to know - maybe Bleu de Chanel

andy tauer

Quote Originally Posted by outline View Post
    andy tauer
    I don't know about this one. Maybe the hype will last but I don't think this guy makes quality goods. Interesting scents for sure but IMO quality lacks.

He seems like a nice guy though and I do appreciate the hand written note with my purchase.

I really liked LDDM and Lonestar Memories but the longevity was a joke. My bottles were from LuckScent.

Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post

I think Dior's Leather Oud and Montale Dark Aoud could be contenders.
    Agree on Leather Oud. Aventus too, I suppose. Some of the L'Artisan scents maybe. Who knows?

Midnight in Paris will be like Escada Magnetism, which has become quite popular. Also, Terre d'Hermes will be the next Dolce & Gabanna BY Man, when they finally discontinue it. Those are just my silly predictions.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garçons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Quote Originally Posted by OlfactoryExperience View Post
    Also, Terre d'Hermes will be the next Dolce & Gabanna BY Man, when they finally discontinue it. Those are just my silly predictions.
    True. How could I have overlooked that one ?

Strong candidates in my opinion: Mugler Cologne, Creed GIT, Bleu de Chanel, Burberry London among others.

Depends are we talking about classics that will still be popular or ones that will fall out of favor outside of connoisseurs 10 years from now.

Burberry London definitely! Good call.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garçons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Blog Entries

Current best-sellers (designer fragrances) will probably be the next classic -- 1 Million, Bleu de Chanel, L'Homme, Spicebomb to name a few.

Dependent

I think Eau Sauvage Parfum will stand the test of time. It's got the right balance to be considered a classic. (It's not for me however...) But it's hard to tell because of the niche explosion of releases. This is a brand new era of multitudinousness unlike any perfume epoch of the past.

+1 Creed Jardin d'Amalfi
    +1 Creed Aventus

Heeley Sel Marin
    Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    MFK - Lumiere Noire Pour Homme
    Chanel Bleu de Chanel
    Chanel Sycomore
    TDC - Oud for Love
    MCDI - Chypre Palatin

I think these will stand the test of time. Many others also. 10 years is not a very long time in the grand scheme of things.

What fragrances do you think people will be talking about in 10 years from now that we currently have on sale today ? What will be the new classics ?
    All perfumes sold before year 2000. It means all non-reformulated ones, when the oakmoss was real oakmoss, civet was real civet, and castoreum was real castoreum. And not all these chemical substitutes.
    Begin to stock piles of old perfumes, NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrč Moreau View Post
    All perfumes sold before year 2000.
    That would be cheating

My question has to do with year 2000 and forward.

I think, if we're honest, fragrances like Bleu de Chanel and Paco Rabanne 1 Million will be classics of our time. Aventus will remain a timeless classic among everyone, those that remember it as an awesome "niche" fragrance and those that remember it as the overhyped safe "designer-esque" fragrance.

Some candidates that will go down in history for me:

MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Aventus
    Terre d'Hermes
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport

Basenotes Member

The very polarizing ones... like maybe A*Men or Le Male.

Lovers would continue to fawn over it and haters would still be bashing it, and so the debates and arguments about whether it's a must-have or a stay-away-from will continue on.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenDays View Post
    The very polarizing ones... like maybe A*Men or Le Male.

Lovers would continue to fawn over it and haters would still be bashing it, and so the debates and arguments about whether it's a must-have or a stay-away-from will continue on.
    Yeah, good call. Especially Le Male. A real love of hate!

That would be cheating

My question has to do with year 2000 and forward.
    Well, probably Yves Saint Laurent M7, and Gucci "pour Homme" (Tom Ford era).

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    YES. I wanted to nominate this one as well but I wasn't sure if it was new or pre 2000. ***High Quality goods that delivers!

I cringe at the price though.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Completely agree with YSL M7 and Gucci Pour Homme. Absolutely adore both of them and cherish my bottles.

Chergui and Ambre Sultan, perhaps?

treeman5823

People will realize the genius of Jaque Polge's 31 Rue Cambon, Yatagan will be talked about again, and more BN men will wear Mitsouko.

Amouage Jubilation, Epic and Interlude

The first ones that come to mind are the recent Guerlain Les Deserts D'Orient trio, Onda, many Etat Libre D'Orange....

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Dozens of recent issues will survive at the proves of time, for instance Dior Patchouli Imperial or Cartier Declaration d'un Soir, together with many many good new releases as Mito, Aventus, some Guerlain etc etc.

Maybe it's difficult to say, who could have imagined "Patou pour Homme" and "Macassar", at these prices? More expensive than gold!

Leather Oud - Oud Ispahan
    Sycomore & La Pausa

for swap/sale: