Code of Conduct

Default LOL @ everyone that complains their MI batch doesn't have enough watermelon...

Jokes on you because there isn't actually a watermelon note in MI! Ouch!

Just more proof that batch variations are BS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7qtUNuNxlk

Default Re: LOL @ everyone that complains their MI batch doesn't have enough watermelon...

For me, doesn't matter what it's composed from or what's in it. I still like it.

Default Re: LOL @ everyone that complains their MI batch doesn't have enough watermelon...

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    For me, doesn't matter what it's composed from or what's in it. I still like it.
    I still love it too! I've just heard a lot of people complain about bad batches of MI because the watermelon note is "gone" when it was never there in the first place.

There are definitely batch variations, lol.

I myself have sent back bottles that smell nothing like what it should smell like.

and maybe there isn't a watermelon note, but there is definitely a lush, sweet melon smell in the good batches.

Great scent regardless.

People actually believe that there are no batch variations ?

It's the mandarin,lemon and Iris that give's the scent it's signature "watermelon smell".

Quote Originally Posted by Xerbia View Post

Creed might have solved the batch variations in the last couple of years. Before that there was most definately bad batches. I had a 2010 bottle of MI that smelled more like table salt than melon and a bottle of Aventus that smelled almost nothing like the pineapple batches that are being produced today. Do you really believe that there's a chemical called watermelon?

Ive sat down with another Basenoter and smelled, clearly, 3 different fragrances that were all labeled Aventus.

Nice to see what Luis looks like. Thanks for posting. Will look forward to the "real vs fake" video. It's highly needed.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...erruti-TheVert

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    People actually believe that there are no batch variations ?
    This is amazing to me as well. I've had two versions of Aventus that literally smelled like night and day (you think that's what they're going for with the black and white bottle motif? harrr.) I think people have just lumped the batch variation frenzy in with generalized Creed hysteria. I greatly admire many of Creed's fragrances but I'm no blind fanatic, and I'd guess the same goes for the vast majority of people who like Creed's output.

Batch variations, however, are as plain to me as the difference between blue and red. Smell is subjective in the sense that all other senses are subjective, sure, but I am absolutely convinced that if you took a scientific instrument to some of these batches, you would detect a verifiable difference. Not the same juice at all. Our imaginations are powerful, but not that powerful.

I thought it was the calone. That always comes across as kind of watery metallic watermelon/cucumber. I get these associations in every scent I smell it in.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Creed might have solved the batch variations in the last couple of years. Before that there was most definately bad batches. I had a 2010 bottle of MI that smelled more like table salt than melon
    This. I too have experienced variations with MI. Most of the samples (both official & decants) that I had was mainly composed of salt, salt, and more salt. I had no idea what all the hype was about until I tried additional samples, to which I did end up getting the "watermelon" note. With all of my samples, projection & longevity was pretty horrid - I usually got just a few hours.

I then decided to buy a full bottle from Fragrancenet and I was lucky enough to get a very pleasant batch. Smells great and I get awesome longevity & projection, usually around 8-10 hours.

Not sure if the samples I originally had was stored improperly or was due to bad batches, but there was definitely a difference between the samples and my full bottle.

So which one is it? Did Creed skimp for a while in what regards adding $1 worth of a pleasant aromachemical to some of their $XXX M.I. bottles? Or did the Royal Watermelon crop of 2010 constitute the greatest agricultural disaster since the Irish Potato Famine?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Creed batch variations don't exist. Get that out of your heads!

I own 4 batches of Aventus:
    C42B11X02 (The so called best batch)
    A42B11N01
    A42B11Y01
    A42B10K04 (The so called worst batch)

Wanna know something weird? They all smell identical to Aventus, no difference whatsoever.

A42B11N01
    A42B11Y01

Wanna know something weird? They all smell identical to Aventus, no difference whatsoever.
    Being trolled.

1. "There are Creed batch variations"
    2. "No there aren't"
    3. Go to 1.

There. Done.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    Being trolled.
    I'm not trolling..

Banned
    Blog Entries

Millesime Imperial doesn't have any watermelon notes in it.

This is just one of many misconceptions propogated on Basenotes.

First, there were batch variations in MI. I'm sorry if anyone doesn't believe this. My nose is not the most sensitive, and I clearly and definitively had batches that were different. As others have pointed out, the biggest difference is the salty note in some batches.

Second, call it watermelon, or melony, or whatever you want. Whatever that fruity essence is, that's the beauty of the scent. And sometimes it is far fainter and almost drowned out; while other batches have it dialed way up (and those are the stellar ones).

For what it's worth, my last two bottles of MI have been identical in smell, and both smell great. I'm hoping the variations are in our rear view mirror.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by EndlesslySurprised View Post
    So which one is it? Did Creed skimp for a while in what regards adding $1 worth of a pleasant aromachemical to some of their $XXX M.I. bottles? Or did the Royal Watermelon crop of 2010 constitute the greatest agricultural disaster since the Irish Potato Famine?

Inquiring minds want to know.

You want to be careful what you say or you'll end up being labelled a "batch variation denier".

Regardless of whether it is in the notes, the fragrance gives that impression.

Also, no one has ever said they don't have batch variations. I was lucky enough to get an awesome one.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    You want to be careful what you say or you'll end up being labelled a "batch variation denier".
    Some countries will put you in prison for being a "batch variation denier". It is against the law to research or claim batch variation does not exist.

treeman5823

Did you think there is such a thing as watermelon essential oil?

I'm not trolling..
    Interesting...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...633213&page=94

Post #2809, if you will.

Basenotes Plus

Should read post #2840.

Originally Posted by jstec3
    I ****in lold.
    Was that you who did the "creed is all you need thread"

Xerbia: I can confirm that was me lolz. Right now i have a thread up called LOL @ everyone complaining about no watermelon in MI, there is none. They're getting mad
    I think we will soon read Banned underneath this jokers username.

CologneFan85

I have a J something batch, and yes it smells different then the Z batch. Even creed reps tell you there can be a difference.

You Creed Cheerleaders talk of Batch variations like they were a badge of honor, rather than a horrible business practice of poor quality control...you can spin any problem with Creed into a plus. I see no creativity in MI whatsoever, Opens with an artificial Watermelon note reminiscent of cheap candy, fair to poor longevity/projection, and over priced.
    Last edited by Danielstripedtiger; 1st April 2013 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielstripedtiger View Post
    You Creed Cheerleaders talk of Batch variations like they were a badge of honor, rather than a horrible business practice of poor quality control...you can spin any problem with Creed into a plus. I see no creativity in MI whatsoever, Opens with an artificial Watermelon note reminiscent of cheap candy, fair to poor longevity/projection, and over priced.
    Looks like we have another troll taking his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielstripedtiger View Post
    Taking into account of when it was introduced to the market, I think they did a very good job.

IMO, even for todays standards it still trumps majority of the fresh scents out there.

Of course now a days it's been ripped off and copied... but don't all great things usually end up this way?

Basenotes Plus

@ silentrich - do they all activate on a full moon or something?
    Last edited by lpp; 1st April 2013 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Saying Aventus 3x also works.

Basenotes Plus

Thx - I'll remember that

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Something like that. Lol...Once they all get dressed up in their clown outfits they have to honk their horns.

Basenotes Plus

Hehe - that stripy person visited the Frag Abuse Clinic, I believe....

Today I myself realized that batch variations are definitely true, and I mean experienced this fact by myself side by side!
    I bought a half-used Millesime Imperial bottle with batch A3310K01 and used it as my SOTD with 4 generous sprays, but all I got was about 3 hours longevity and very weak projection! As my wife didn't notice that I'm wearing it at all and when I asked her she sniffed my forearm and neck to admit I'm wearing Creed! And after 3 hours it was gone completely!
    But this evening I went to visit my friend and tested his 2009 batch on my other wrist, and after 4 hours it is projecting quite pleasing and is detectable!
    Now how would you interprete this other than batch variations????!!!

A42B11N01
    A42B11Y01

So what's your point, tinkerbell? http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xerbia/342075939166400
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Actually, back up to post #2809, where Xerbia says: "Guys we should do some massive trolling on basenotes."

The "Burzan" guy is from the same BB.com thread. Funny thing is they really think that it's getting us mad. I could care less...I sniff out trolls pretty quickly and just don't feed them.

Shows how smart they are...not even using different names coming on here. Doesn't matter anymore, anyway...he's banned now. What's also funny is how jacked these guys think they are. They're average...at best.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Should read post #2840.

I think we will soon read Banned underneath this jokers username.
    Last edited by fit&frag'd; 5th April 2013 at 03:50 AM.

It's 'cause they are "aware"

I think this is a state that leads them to believe that they are in on some great joke that the rest of the world can't comprehend. I'm sure they waste much more time trying to troll one another.

Great fragrances but sold with cynical lies and evil marketing - especially out of the us marketing project.
    Gold leaf my arse. Gold coloured plastic more like -I remember peeling it off a bottle years ago.
    Creed reps talk rubbish. Have done for years.
    People have lied for years about dates, ingredients, perfumers, etc.
    Great fragrances - but make sure you like them for the smell not the lies...
    MI contains citrus notes which are enhanced with synthetics like calone and others which add freshness and durability and which smell like watermelon to many people.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 5th April 2013 at 12:16 PM.

I'm going to return my bottle of MI because it doesn't have a watermelon note
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]