Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Egoiste or Chanel Egoiiste Platinum

PE used to be my signature scent. i think its very sexy.

never tested egoiste orignal yet. am i missing something? is it good?

does it smell clean and confident as pe?

Default Re: Chanel Egoiste or Chanel Egoiiste Platinum

My vote goes to PE. I like Egoiste but haven't found it to be FBW at this time. Each have their followers and the ultimate decision needs to come from you. Locate a sample and give it a whirl. Both are very good.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

The search option is your friend.
    You will find everything you want to know.

That said, the original is the better of the two.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

I prefer PE, although I don't own it. Never have warmed to Egoiste.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

The original Egoiste EDT is more complex, more elegant, and much better, IMO.

PE, the original is a disgusting old man scent. They are drastically different. But if that's your thing go for it.
    Bottles for Swap:

Givenchy Pour Homme 1.7oz(97% full)
    CK Obsession Night 1.7oz(97% full)
    Cerruti 1881 1.7oz(50% full)
    Un Jardin Sur De Nil(95% full)

Looking for:

Chanel Allure Sport
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Polo Blue
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Dolce and Gabbana The One

Quote Originally Posted by Armor King View Post
    PE, the original is a disgusting old man scent.
    I beg to differ.
    Yes the original is the more mature fragrance, but "old man" it is not.
    And there is absolutely nothing disgusting about it.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Picollo30 View Post

No it doesnt smell clean. It is heavy oriental and for many people it may smell kinda old school.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

both! with a slight preference for platinum!

Chanel Egoiste, although both very nice IMO.

Basenotes Plus

Egoiste is a compelling spicy sandalwood / rose masterpiece fully meriting its "classic" status. PE is an uninspiring aquatic fougere, not similar enough to be deemed a flanker and certainly not worthy of the name. Not even a hint of a contest (IMHO) - the original wins hands down on all levels.

PE.
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

egoiste is great if you like spicy. It is one of my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    E PE is an uninspiring aquatic fougere,
    There are, I believe, NO aquatic elements to PE . I would suggest OP just smell both scents. They are drastically different and I imagine he won't have a hard time choosing one of the other after smelling... though I sometimes do.

Apples and oranges really. Sniff them both, and YOU make the decision.

PE > E. You should probably try them both if your so concerned.

I personally find them as different in quality as they are in style of scent. Platinum is a generic, fresh fougere, that surely won't offend anyone, but won't instill any emotions as well. ╔go´ste on the other hand, is a masterpiece and my favorite. An amazing spicy, woody oriental, with a sandalwood/rose-combination of immense beauty.
    Platinum does have its uses(even for me, though rarely), but IMO is has nothing on ╔go´ste qualitywise (regarding the quality of the composition).

And ╔go´ste doesn't smell dated or like an old man. I have loved and worn it for many years, and I am only 24. Girls and women of all ages love it, in my experience. My fiancÚe went gaga over it when she was 20.
    It is not dated or old smelling - it is evolved.

Edit: But go smell for yourself Discovering new scents is great, and you might pick up new favorites on the way.

Edit2: As for the clean and confident part, it definitely has an air of confidence, but also mystery about it. But it is not a scent for creating that clean and soapy aura around you, it is more about emotions than a physical state(being clean). Clean can be accomplished with a good shower What ╔go´ste does, is so much more
    Last edited by Norstr°m; 30th March 2013 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Even more stuff to write...
    - Mark

╔GO¤STE! ╔GO¤STE! ╔GO¤STE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Egoise all the way!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I like both, but if I had to choose only one, I'd choose Egoiste

I hate to sound like a snob, but I believe the problem with Egoiste is that it is too good for a lot of people's taste.

Platinum I think is a decent scent.

I like PE, but I still think that original Egoiste is more elegant and it smells much better than PE.

Both are nice, I would choose Platinum Egoiste, as a more wearable scent for most occasions

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Egoiste is a compelling spicy sandalwood / rose masterpiece fully meriting its "classic" status. PE is an uninspiring aquatic fougere, not similar enough to be deemed a flanker and certainly not worthy of the name. Not even a hint of a contest (IMHO) - the original wins hands down on all levels.
    I agree, PE is no competition to the original...

I've read above that PE is an aquatic and emotionless. I simply have to disagree on both accounts.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I've read above that PE is an aquatic and emotionless. I simply have to disagree on both accounts.
    Conceded on one count - in retrospect, "aromatic fresh fougere" is rather more accurate.

EgoistÚ. I do like PE also, but EgoistÚ is perhaps my favorite fragrance of all time. Especially smooth sandalwood drydown is best that you can find. And besides that, EgoistÚ is anything but old-school or dated. I try to avoid term "masterpiece" as much as I can, but with EgoistÚ I think that term masterpiece is appropriate.

PE is a good and classic fragrance too, but pale to comparison with original EgoistÚ.
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Egoiste is the far better fragrance. And there's absolutely nothing "disgusting" or "old man" about it.

Egoiste isn't for everyone. In my opinion it's a more mature fragrance and there isn't anything playful about it. I usually don't think that fragrances should have age limits but Egoiste would probably fit someone over the age of 30 and confident.

Egoiste!! Egoiste!!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I have them both and I think they are both great. Egoiste is more romantic and "spectacular," while PE is easier to wear at the office. Truly, I love them both.

Guerlainista

I much prefer the original. It's in my top 10, and I don't find PE worth owning. It may be well made and pleasant, but I find it doesn't stand out of the crowd of fresh fougeres at all. I don't think it would be as successful as it is were it not for the Chanel name.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Banned
    Blog Entries

egoiste for quality

platinum egoiste for wearability and versatility

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Egoiste isn't for everyone. In my opinion it's a more mature fragrance and there isn't anything playful about it. I usually don't think that fragrances should have age limits but Egoiste would probably fit someone over the age of 30 and confident.

And with good taste :-)

There is only one Egoiste. Actually, Platinum shouldn┤t be a flaker of egoiste. Also the same for Kouros and Body Kouros, Jazz and Live Jazz.

Prefer the original Egoiste.

neither of them. I don't like the egoistes.

Blog Entries

I prefer the original Egoiste. It is rich, unique, manly, and the quality is remarkably good. Platinum Egoiste is a completely different fragrance, not even sure why it has the name Egoiste on the bottle.

Basenotes Member

Can't go wrong with the Platinum!

I don't think there is competition here; Egoiste is one of the greatest fragrances ever released. PE is pretty redundant.

Basenotes Institution

The original. Even better, is the disco'd Concentree.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Picollo30 View Post

If you're hoping to find Egoiste to be in the vein as Platinum Egoiste, you'll be disappointed. It's a completely different scent altogether. It's rosey, stewed fruits, vanilla and sandalwood. It's an oriental with a unique vibe that doesn't feel dated, yet isn't that modern either. Definitely sample first if you're able and it's usually available at Saks or Neimans.

Don't let people sway you that one is better than the other (which is ridiculous since fragrances are subjective), let your nose do that. I'd make sure to actually wear it since sniffing and wearing often changes perception quite a bit.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

from what i've heard and experienced pe seems to be a lady pleaser which is always a good thing even though it has that 90's feel. dont know about the original.

treeman5823

I haven't smelled Platinum in years, but remember it as smelling a little 'off.' Based on a brief smell, the original is much better.

I have not yet had the pleasure of sampling Egoiste, but PE is by far the most unoffensive, uninspiring, mediocre, middle of the road fragrance in my modest collection. I suppose that may be what is meant by others when they refer to it as "versatile". I wear mine to work every now and then when I think today may be the day I finally discover the treasure underlying this fragrance that has to date alluded me. I wear it for no other occasion. There are way too many significantly better alternatives. I strongly suspect Egoiste is among those.

Personally I feel PE is suited for the younger set, it's a pleasing smell and few can go wrong wearing it. I do have the 'original' Egoiste and like it, but ca definitely see where some would think it's a scent for the older crowd and is a bit more 'unique' in offer. Really as someone above said, let YOUR nose do the work and decision for you. Not us. You'll either smell good or smell bad to yourself and that may not be the same opinion of the person walking behind you.

Curiously, I have a question I was trying to find the answer to. A shop nearby is selling various Chanel frags and I noticed in this pic I took there are two version of Platinum Egoiste. One has the name Platinum Egoiste, and the other has the name "Egoiste Plantinum". ONe says "Chanel Paris" and the other on the box says "Chanel Paris New York" . Anybody kknow what could possibly be the diffrerence??
    chafragr.jpg