Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SotD Saturday 30 March 2013

Layering Attache-Moi & CdG Jaisalmer. I'm cuddly.

Ya know, I was only modestly interested in ever sampling 1932. But there's just something about Kalli's review I found appealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Thanks to a very lovely BNer, I am sampling 1932. Nice. It was a bit too green … green then … green … mostly green … and greenish …

It's a beautiful relatively mild spring day in NYC FINALLY! I'm in Chamade now but may be joining ExtremeK in Vert Pivoine later today or tomorrow. Working today (construction going on in my office) so as soon as I can leave I may reward myself with a walk over to MinNY to do some sniffing, which will undoubtedly lead to buying something with my IRS refund.

RHM, as a sufferer from chronic migraines, I hope it passes quickly. I alternate between ice and heat and that "sometimes" helps... I was in a nasty car crash (not my fault) when I was 19yrs old and I broke my neck. Thank goodness I wasn't paralyzed, but I do have terrible neck pain every day of my life. I am on chronic pain meds and probably will be for ever (ugh). When I get my really REALLY bad migraines, its so awful that my blood pressure goes through the roof and I start to sweat and panic, which makes the headache even worse! I literally cannot hardly speak because I am in so much pain and am so nauseous. In a nutshell...MIGRAINES SUCK!!! But..they do eventually pass, thank goodness! I don't know if this is really "weird" or not, but on those days, I of course do not wear perfume, but I DO dab pure peppermint essential oil on the back of my neck and on my forehead and it smells soooooo wonderful! its tingly and cooling and the smell is something that does not add to my nausea.

...ok, back to SOTD: Today, I am wearing an oldie but goodie Ralph Lauren Safari
    ****Making the world a better place One Scented Hug at a Time.... ****

Banned
    Blog Entries

bvLGARI POUR hOmMe

Basenotes Institution

Hugs to RHM, please feel better soon.

Gorgeous Armani Prive La Femme Bleue, a lipstick iris.

Sending anti-migraine vibes to RHM.

The weather is fine, but I am not, as I've managed to catch my husband's respiratory virus. To allay boredom, I've been going through my myriad tomato seed packets, trying to decide which varieties to start on April 1st. No fragrance today, but I currently smell of chamomile, from a recent herbal steam.

Wishing everyone a joyous weekend!

Quarry, I did think of you when I smelled the 1932. I got greenish anyway, idk.

I would like some of that grasshopper torte too! Sounds pretty good!
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

I hope you feel better soon, RHM.

Thanks T and Kalli, it's a recipe that my mom gave me years ago. I've made it more times than I could ever count, for church suppers, bridal showers, youth group and now it's our Easter dinner 'go to' dessert.

Wearing Xerjoff Ibitira. Notes of orange blossom, violet, lemon, iris, neroli, rose, white blossoms, bourbon vanilla, musk, vetiver and cedarwood. I first read about this one on another site and had to try it. It is everything the perfume sites have been saying, it's nearly perfect. The citrus and green notes in the opening and then the florals, mainly iris to my nose. A very romantic and feminine scent, love it!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Hugs to ((RHM)) and ((AromaofTacoma)). I do not get migraines but I feel for you both!

Basenotes Institution

K., it was a favorite out of the Testing Pack we have had a few years ago, for me. I was even thinking of getting a bottle, but the price and other fragrances prevented me from doing so. Ibitira rules!

Hello again -

It's a mild and beautiful night here and we're just fixin' to go out for a few cocktails and a little music ....as soon as Tony's done with his business phone call, which is lasting much longer than it was supposed to. At any rate, I'm in Coco, body cream and a few drops of 80s parfum. Have a nice evening everyone!

Kiliwia - I know that yummy and minty dessert! It was one of my grandmother's favorites, especially for Christmas, except we knew it as Grasshopper Pie and it was made with Crème de Menthe rather than mint extract ...Momo sure loved her boozy desserts, lol.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Kiliwia - I know that yummy and minty dessert! It was one of my grandmother's favorites, especially for Christmas, except we knew it as Grasshopper Pie and it was made with Crème de Menthe rather than mint extract ...Momo sure loved her boozy desserts, lol.
    Yes, it can be made with either of those. I think it's more commonly known as Grasshopper Pie. Good to know someone else likes it too. Hope you have a great evening out!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    K., it was a favorite out of the Testing Pack we have had a few years ago, for me. I was even thinking of getting a bottle, but the price and other fragrances prevented me from doing so. Ibitira rules!
    Yeah, I don't like the price of it either, maybe someday.

Basenotes Institution

Today it was:

Hermessence Santal Massoia by Hermes

Tonight it will be:

Nostalgia by Santa Maria Novella
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Finishing up in Montana Parfum d'Homme Edt Light