Code of Conduct

Default SotD Saturday 30 March 2013

Morning dearest ones!
    Yesterday was a busy day but we made so many great things in the kitchen with my Mum. She baked a delicious poppy seed cake and I prepared my "signature" vegetable salad.

Scent of the day is Amouage Opus V, my second favourite from the Library Collection

Blog Entries

Default Re: SotD Saturday 30 March 2013

Morning all!

l'm in Vol de Nuit today for the back of the wardrobe challenge, although this one is actually from the back of the sample box.

Have a great Saturday, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quick spritz of Eau des Baux and I'm out the door.

Have a wonderful day!

Hello darlings.

It is still cold in London but I saw some cherry blossoms in Chelsea this morning. Spring is here but it's taking a very long time to really get going. Today, I'm wearing L'Air by Nina Ricci. I hardly ever wear this, but it is perfect for how I feel today. ART173676.jpg
    Do happy

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone!

Sunny day here and a busy day ahead. I'll tackle the day's tasks wearing Crabtree & Evelyn's Lily of the Valley from the 1990s (two versions back).

Hello all. SL Arabie.
    DONNA

Thanks to a very lovely BNer, I am sampling 1932. Nice. It was a bit too green on the opening for me..but after it dried down a bit, very nice. Has that classic Chanel signature with a bit of aldehydes and some green then becomes floral. It's very spring to me. It's a bit rooty as well, but not overly so. The green, like I said, kind of was almost becoming a put off(just my tastes there) but the aldehydes were along with it and balanced things out. Then the lovely florals came in. The aldehydes weren't heavy but soft, letting their presence be known but not upstaging anything. Everything was balanced and blended quite well. The dry down is almost too musky for my tastes. But even with it being a bit musky..it's just nice. Reminded me of No. 19 but better, softer? I got mostly green cut florals, a very nice bouquet of those florals and then dries to a soft musk. I didn't get heavy woody notes. Nothing is heavy about this and nothing too light. It's a nice, pleasant, clean and greenish floral bouquet with a bit of root and aldehydes. It's one that is easy to wear in pretty much any situation I think. I don't believe I've smelled Rue so, not sure how that compares. But it's definitely one for spring, it is kind of spring in a bottle. I wouldn't mind owning that one, not at all.

Thanks to the lovely BNer who was kind enough to share.
    Last edited by kalli; 30th March 2013 at 11:42 AM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Afternoon All,

Cherry Blossoms are out in my neck of the woods too, LadyM. So pretty.
    En Avion today.
    Made a quick trip into town to pick up a bottle of Habit Rouge (EdT) and another puck of Oxford&Cambridge shaving soap. Mike's post yesterday prompted me to sniff l'heure vertueuse also.
    Have a lovely Saturday, folks.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Saturday 30 March 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

kalli, not only that BNer is the most generous mind-reading and taste-improving lady, she can boast a title of "Our Scented Window to the World". I will buy a bottle of 1932 for my Birthday, I do not think I can do without.

Yes, I have chickened out of the "Back of the Wardrobe" challenge. But I wore something "whatever gets you through the night is all right" (John Lennon). Sinan today again.

Lucasai, what's in your signature salad recipe? (You do not have to give the proportions, I promise). I will fix pasta with peccorino and sundried tomatoes tonight, with parsley and olive oil.

Yes, that BNer is lovely indeed. Hopefully, b-day isn't too far away?
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

From the back of my cupboard, I'm wearing Bulgari pour Femme today.

Good morning, everyone!

I'm in Balmain Vent Vert, vintage parfum and edt.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Gengis Khan by Marc De La Morandiere

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Parfums Mercedes Jus d'Amour, a soothing, gentle scent with just enough complexity to keep one from nodding off. It's lovely.

Notes include coco palm, aqualeaf accord, night-blooming jasmine, violet, Tahitian vanilla, sandalwood, cashmere woods.

Take care, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Arrr Mateys, today it be Mary Read by BPAL.

Good morning. Unusual luxurious slow start this morning, the kids are away visiting grandma. Alien edp this morning. Very carefully applied. A little dab'll do ya!

Comme des Garcons Amazing Green

Hello, enjoy your weekend!

Jacomo - Chicane

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Overcast and on a warming trend here. Our SE Florida 'Winter' is over (I think).

Body Kouros this morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

summer means fireflys

Feeling very bummed this morning, my Jayhawks lost their game last night. I need/want a "happy scent" today ... Bond Coney Island it is.

Happy weekend everyone ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

Busy day ahead, getting ready for tomorrow. Making a grasshopper torte right now, it's a frozen dessert with crushed oreos in the bottom crust with whip cream, marshmallow creme, milk, mint extract and a touch of green food coloring in the middle. Then topped with a few crushed oreos on top. So easy and it's my kids favorite, so it's become a tradition. Will make a lemon torte too, if there's time.

Wearing Le Labo Iris 39. Another nice iris and perfect for spring.

Enjoy your Saturday!!

That grasshopper torte sounds scrumptious, Kiliwia! Have napkins -- will travel!

What I've Been Wearing:

Basenotes Plus

Woke up with a headache during the night, it's turned into a full blown migraine. So, I'll be signing off soon.
    No scent today, don't want the negative associations.
    Bummed because today is the last day of our visit with Kaylee, our niece from Florida.
    Peace
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I hope you feel better soon, RHM. That exact thing happened to me with SSS Egyptian Musk. I had to give it away AND toss the shirt I was wearing that day -- even though I'd washed it several times, I guess the perfume oil soaked into the fabric, and I could smell it every time I wore it again, which made me nauseated, thanks to the vicious migraine association.

Vert Pivoine today for me. Lots of errands to run before cooking this evening.

So sorry, RHM. I hope your headache passes soon. Migraines suck.

Blog Entries

Another day with

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford as my SotD (from a sample)

Blog Entries

White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor this evening, from a dwindling mini.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Layering Attache-Moi & CdG Jaisalmer. I'm cuddly.

Ya know, I was only modestly interested in ever sampling 1932. But there's just something about Kalli's review I found appealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Thanks to a very lovely BNer, I am sampling 1932. Nice. It was a bit too green … green then … green … mostly green … and greenish …

It's a beautiful relatively mild spring day in NYC FINALLY! I'm in Chamade now but may be joining ExtremeK in Vert Pivoine later today or tomorrow. Working today (construction going on in my office) so as soon as I can leave I may reward myself with a walk over to MinNY to do some sniffing, which will undoubtedly lead to buying something with my IRS refund.

RHM, as a sufferer from chronic migraines, I hope it passes quickly. I alternate between ice and heat and that "sometimes" helps... I was in a nasty car crash (not my fault) when I was 19yrs old and I broke my neck. Thank goodness I wasn't paralyzed, but I do have terrible neck pain every day of my life. I am on chronic pain meds and probably will be for ever (ugh). When I get my really REALLY bad migraines, its so awful that my blood pressure goes through the roof and I start to sweat and panic, which makes the headache even worse! I literally cannot hardly speak because I am in so much pain and am so nauseous. In a nutshell...MIGRAINES SUCK!!! But..they do eventually pass, thank goodness! I don't know if this is really "weird" or not, but on those days, I of course do not wear perfume, but I DO dab pure peppermint essential oil on the back of my neck and on my forehead and it smells soooooo wonderful! its tingly and cooling and the smell is something that does not add to my nausea.

...ok, back to SOTD: Today, I am wearing an oldie but goodie Ralph Lauren Safari
    ****Making the world a better place One Scented Hug at a Time.... ****

Banned
    Blog Entries

bvLGARI POUR hOmMe

Hugs to RHM, please feel better soon.

Gorgeous Armani Prive La Femme Bleue, a lipstick iris.

Sending anti-migraine vibes to RHM.

The weather is fine, but I am not, as I've managed to catch my husband's respiratory virus. To allay boredom, I've been going through my myriad tomato seed packets, trying to decide which varieties to start on April 1st. No fragrance today, but I currently smell of chamomile, from a recent herbal steam.

Wishing everyone a joyous weekend!

Quarry, I did think of you when I smelled the 1932. I got greenish anyway, idk.

I would like some of that grasshopper torte too! Sounds pretty good!

Basenotes Plus

I hope you feel better soon, RHM.

Thanks T and Kalli, it's a recipe that my mom gave me years ago. I've made it more times than I could ever count, for church suppers, bridal showers, youth group and now it's our Easter dinner 'go to' dessert.

Wearing Xerjoff Ibitira. Notes of orange blossom, violet, lemon, iris, neroli, rose, white blossoms, bourbon vanilla, musk, vetiver and cedarwood. I first read about this one on another site and had to try it. It is everything the perfume sites have been saying, it's nearly perfect. The citrus and green notes in the opening and then the florals, mainly iris to my nose. A very romantic and feminine scent, love it!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Hugs to ((RHM)) and ((AromaofTacoma)). I do not get migraines but I feel for you both!

K., it was a favorite out of the Testing Pack we have had a few years ago, for me. I was even thinking of getting a bottle, but the price and other fragrances prevented me from doing so. Ibitira rules!

Hello again -

It's a mild and beautiful night here and we're just fixin' to go out for a few cocktails and a little music ....as soon as Tony's done with his business phone call, which is lasting much longer than it was supposed to. At any rate, I'm in Coco, body cream and a few drops of 80s parfum. Have a nice evening everyone!

Kiliwia - I know that yummy and minty dessert! It was one of my grandmother's favorites, especially for Christmas, except we knew it as Grasshopper Pie and it was made with Crème de Menthe rather than mint extract ...Momo sure loved her boozy desserts, lol.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Kiliwia - I know that yummy and minty dessert! It was one of my grandmother's favorites, especially for Christmas, except we knew it as Grasshopper Pie and it was made with Crème de Menthe rather than mint extract ...Momo sure loved her boozy desserts, lol.
    Yes, it can be made with either of those. I think it's more commonly known as Grasshopper Pie. Good to know someone else likes it too. Hope you have a great evening out!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    K., it was a favorite out of the Testing Pack we have had a few years ago, for me. I was even thinking of getting a bottle, but the price and other fragrances prevented me from doing so. Ibitira rules!
    Yeah, I don't like the price of it either, maybe someday.

Basenotes Institution

Today it was:

Hermessence Santal Massoia by Hermes

Tonight it will be:

Nostalgia by Santa Maria Novella
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Finishing up in Montana Parfum d'Homme Edt Light