Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default This is really irritating me!

I can't seem to find a scent that lasts longer than 2 hours! I've tried Aventus which lasts about an hour and smells like lemon pledge cooked in a skillet on high. Tuscan leather lasted a bit longer at 2 hours, but I don't like how it smells like chocolate (not a huge fan of gourmands)

The only one I've really liked so far is Rochas Man because I get around 11 hours with it, and I love how fresh and fruity it smells. Anyone else irate with the lack of longevity beasts that smell decent? I've been told Fresco is a good one, so I'll need to check that out.

Anyone 'aware' of some good ones? Need help on this

Default Re: This is really irritating me!

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille lasts forever.
    I tried that one, not a fan of the mint smell in it. Got about 5 hours at best with longevity. Thanks though

Boucheron Homme Jaipur EDP perhaps?

I can confirm, I get 12+ hours from my Fresco but it might be a bit smoky for my liking. I have yet to try Aventus but I think I will stick with Fresco since you don't get great performance.

Have you tried D&G the One? My buddy swears by it and he always smells good.

I have the same problem with Aventoos as well. My favorite cologne The One lasts forever. I know a guy whose uncle helped make it and apparently it's called that because it lasts for one whole day. The more you know

The One is gone in an hour...

THanks guys, Yea I've tried The One. That one is potent! It always lasts into the next day for me. Will be picking up a bottle of this soon.jpg

How is this possible that TV doesn't last for you and The One till the next day?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerbia View Post
    I tried that one, not a fan of the mint smell in it. Got about 5 hours at best with longevity. Thanks though
    Tobacco Vanille has no mint and I'm not sure what note in it could be mistaken more mint. It lasts forever for me as well.
    I think asnomia could be the problem here.

The One lasts forever and Tobacco Vanille doesn't!?!?
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

How is this possible that TV doesn't last for you and The One till the next day?
    Just the way they were made? There aren't as many notes in TV (only 2) compared to The One.

Rochas Man smells fruity to you?

Tuscan Leather has chocolate for you?

Just the way they were made? There aren't as many notes in TV (only 2) compared to The One.
    Don't let the name of the fragrance fool you, it has more than two notes. Here are just the ones given..
    Tobacco, tobacco leaf, spice notes, tonka bean, tobacco flower, vanilla, cocoa, dry fruit, sweetwood sap.

I think we're being trolled.

SALES THREAD

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    Tobacco Vanille has no mint and I'm not sure what note in it could be mistaken more mint. It lasts forever for me as well.
    I think asnomia could be the problem here.

The One lasts forever and Tobacco Vanille doesn't!?!?
    Could be your skin chemistry to be honest

Skin chemistry/anosmia. Sometimes you can't question it, it just happens to be that way for some reason.

When you say the scents do not last long on you, is it that you cannot smell the scent after a few hours, or others cannot smell the scent on you?

I have a friend that makes the same comments as you. He spritzes 10 sprays on himself of strong fragrances like A*Men, and he says that he cannot smell it. Yet everyone in a 2 mile radius of him gets choked by the cloud of fragrance around him. Their is something broken inside his nose.

I'd test DHI, YSL La Nuit Parfum, TDH Parfum for longevity (for me and to my nose, their longevity was more than enough, yet they're still not to be bought without prior testing, depending on chemistry, the actual longevity on the wearer and a few other factors like these).

What type of bodywash do you use Xerbia? I hear that the Axe ones can make your scents last longer. Ex, Dark temptation to go with the chocolate note you get from Tuscan Leather

You could also try oiling your skin before applying, maybe jojoba oil on your neck before application. I swear I read that here somewhere before

Quote Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
    What type of bodywash do you use Xerbia? I hear that the Axe ones can make your scents last longer. Ex, Dark temptation to go with the chocolate note you get from Tuscan Leather

You could also try oiling your skin before applying, maybe jojoba oil on your neck before application. I swear I read that here somewhere before

I can confirm the Dark Temptations axe body was bringing out the chocolate in Tuscan leather. Maybe I should stop using it and see how TL smells without the Dark Temptations?

Interlude Man by Amouage. Ho-Lee-Mo-Lee. That stuff sticks around a full 24 hours, and it smells fantastic.
    L'Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer. I get at least 18 hours from it.

On the cheaper side:
    L'eau D'Issey summer 2013. I sprayed a card with it a few days ago and it still smells so strong, though I can't speak to the longevity on skin since I only tested it once.
    L'Occitane, Eau des Baux. Excellent longevity, though it's more of a fall/winter/night kind of scent.
    Hanae Mori, H.M. I get excellent longevity from it, and it's a compliment magnet.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Don't let the name of the fragrance fool you, it has more than two notes. Here are just the ones given..
    Tobacco, tobacco leaf, spice notes, tonka bean, tobacco flower, vanilla, cocoa, dry fruit, sweetwood sap.

Actually there's an interview with Tom Ford bragging that he was the first one to make a perfume with only two notes. That being TV, I'll have to find the interview on youtube.

This!

You should try YSL Kouros, better if an earlier (vintage) version

I'm hoping he isn't planning on taking his grandmother to cage fight... again...

I believe you are having olfactory fatigue. WHERE exactly are you spraying the perfume? I suggest that you apply it farther away from the nose. The best place is the chest, under the shirt. Try it out, and tell me if it worked.

Troll alert
    Last edited by bigsteve; 31st March 2013 at 01:05 PM.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Quote Originally Posted by DanielPlainview View Post
    I believe you are having olfactory fatigue. WHERE exactly are you spraying the perfume? I suggest that you apply it farther away from the nose. The best place is the chest, under the shirt. Try it out, and tell me if it worked.
    I spray 2 on my chest, 3 on the front of my neck, 2 on the back of my neck, 1 on each wrist, and one on the pits of my elbows to pointy. So I applying enough, so that isn't the reason why I'm getting bad longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by xerbia View Post
    i spray 2 on my chest, 3 on the front of my neck, 2 on the back of my neck, 1 on each wrist, and one on the pits of my elbows to pointy. So i applying enough, so that isn't the reason why i'm getting bad longevity.
    lol

Sounds like to me you need to go put some gasoline in some atomizers and start wearing that. If you can't smell Aventus, TV, or Tuscan Leather, you have some real issues going on.

Montale Attar

this...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I'd test DHI, YSL La Nuit Parfum, TDH Parfum for longevity (for me and to my nose, their longevity was more than enough, yet they're still not to be bought without prior testing, depending on chemistry, the actual longevity on the wearer and a few other factors like these).
    Do you happen to have a brother named Jimmie?

I can't seem to find a scent that lasts longer than 2 hours! I've tried Aventus which lasts about an hour and smells like lemon pledge cooked in a skillet on high. Tuscan leather lasted a bit longer at 2 hours, but I don't like how it smells like chocolate (not a huge fan of gourmands)

The only one I've really liked so far is Rochas Man because I get around 11 hours with it, and I love how fresh and fruity it smells. Anyone else irate with the lack of longevity beasts that smell decent? I've been told Fresco is a good one, so I'll need to check that out.

Try terred'hermes or even musc ravageur i hear those are great projection and longevity scents. If not you can just buy Fresco next time its the same as Aventus but much easier also lasts longer.

Basenotes Junkie

D-Bag.

I agree.

I spray 2 on my chest, 3 on the front of my neck, 2 on the back of my neck, 1 on each wrist, and one on the pits of my elbows to pointy. So I applying enough, so that isn't the reason why I'm getting bad longevity.
    talk about overdose, no wonder u can't smell anything after 2 hours!

I have also found that I get more Longevity and sillage from Fresco than Aventus. Musc Ravageur as the guy on top recommended is a must buy. Easily in my top 5.

Man, what's with all the trolls on Basenotes lately?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Man, what's with all the trolls on Basenotes lately?
    It's too early for April Fool's jokes so I can't figure it out either...

Basenotes Plus

If Aventus only lasts you an hour and you want it to last twelve, you could use the same dosage twelve times on an hourly basis. It's scientifically proven to work.

10 sprays of Lapidus Pour Homme should do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    10 sprays of Lapidus Pour Homme should do the job.
    I think you mean Le Male, 1 Million, or Moroccan Desert Air

So I sampled Fresco today and I love it. It's been lasting a long time too.

I also smelled Jaguar Vision but I didn't care for it because it's nearly identical to Aventus.

Hang on. You own FOUR DIFFERENT BATCHES OF AVENTUS, including the X02 and K04 batches, which seem like polar opposites to me (I've smelled both. One is sharp pineapple and the other muted pineapple and heavy smoke), and you think Jaguar Vision smells nearly identical? And you love Fresco?

...?!

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    It's too early for April Fool's jokes so I can't figure it out either...
    Yeah, I had to check the calendar.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Stop feeding the trolls...

Musc Ravageur is very citrusy, and powdery. Women LOVE it.

So I sampled Fresco today and I love it. It's been lasting a long time too.

I also smelled Jaguar Vision but I didn't care for it because it's nearly identical to Aventus.
    I'm curious, where did you sample Fresco?

I'm curious, where did you sample Fresco?
    Burzan sent me a sample in the mail and it arrived today.

Xerbia is trolling???
    Well that's just great, what am I going to do with my case of Axe Dark Temptation bodywash and litre bottle of Fresco that I just ordered ?
    I'll have to start doing decants on ebay.

Wtf why is everyone saying I'm trolling? Not a troll serious

Wtf why is everyone saying I'm trolling? Not a troll serious

How much do you think I should charge for a 1.5ml decant of Axe Dark Temptation ?
    It can't be too much as I've got about 17,000 of them..

Burzan sent me a sample in the mail and it arrived today.
    Strange because neither yours nor Burzan's feedback ratings indicate that you've done a swap. Burzan currently has a total of 5 posts, 3 of which are in this thread. He also has not even mentioned Fresco until this thread. So how did you guys arrange your deal?
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 31st March 2013 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Achieving View Post
    Musc Ravageur is very citrusy, and powdery. Women LOVE it.
    Yea I think the citrus note in MR is vanilla/tonka...

Were you able to pick up the Oud note in Cool Water??

Strange because neither yours nor Burzan's feedback ratings indicate that you've done a swap. Burzan currently had a total of 5 posts, 3 of which are in this thread. He also has not even mentioned Fresco until this thread. So how did you guys arrange your deal?
    Perhaps they just live round the corner from each other in real life.
    These coincidences happen all the time.

CologneFan85

The one gentleman lasts a long time. And projects well. Also Dior homme sport

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    How much do you think I should charge for a 1.5ml decant of Axe Dark Temptation ?
    It can't be too much as I've got about 17,000 of them..
    Depends on the batch #

On a serious note, I think someone hacked the OP's account.

I've already sold him a bottle of Aventus and at that point in time was his favorite scent.

Like a Facebook rape? (or "frape" to use the technical term)
    Oh well, it's my bed time..

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Perhaps they just live round the corner from each other in real life.
    These coincidences happen all the time.
    Then why send something in the mail?

Strange because neither yours nor Burzan's feedback ratings indicate that you've done a swap. Burzan currently has a total of 5 posts, 3 of which are in this thread. He also has not even mentioned Fresco until this thread. So how did you guys arrange your deal?
    Not too mention his posts are on this thead only. Same account and trolling.
    Some people really need attention apparently...and on a fragrance forum!? LOL

There have been an odd number of trolls here lately.

SALES THREAD

Contact through PM

Then why send something in the mail?

Not too mention his posts are on this thead only. Same account and trolling.
    Some people really need attention apparently...and on a fragrance forum!? LOL

There have been an odd number of trolls here lately.
    Lol it's funny you actually think I'm trolling.. I'm not. Have a mod check our ip addresses, Burzan and I are two different people

Lol it's funny you actually think I'm trolling.. I'm not. Have a mod check our ip addresses, Burzan and I are two different people
    Sure, will get right on that. In the meantime why don't you reply to post #52. You see the fact is that you've made a number of bizarre posts in this thread, Tuscan Leather lasts 2hrs on you, but Rochas Man lasts 11? D&G The One is potent and lasts into the next day? Aventus smells like lemon pledge? You're not a fan of the mint smell in Tobacco Vanille? These things cannot be explained by skin chemistry, which leads me to believe that either your samples are fake, or you're trolling.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 31st March 2013 at 04:20 AM.