Code of Conduct

Default Fahrenheit Flankers...

Anyone really liking Aqua, Absolute or 32? I have tried to read as much as I can about each of these. I have an almost full 200ml bottle of Fahrenheit and while I am disappointed with its longevity and projection, I do love the scent. Just wondering if I should venture into one or more of the flankers.

Thanks.

PS -- I returned the first bottle and got a replacement from a different batch. The second bottle is entirely different. While the scent is much more complex and beautiful (sorry for the lack of proper terminology), the longevity and projection is even worse than the first bottle. It is crazy how I could buy 2 bottles, within weeks, from the same place, that smell so very different. The DNA is the same, but they are definitely different.

Default Re: Fahrenheit Flankers...

Have all three in my collection and like them all.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have all three in my collection and like them all.
    Thanks. What order would you place the orginal, and the 3 flankers I mentioned, in terms of longevity and projection?

Thanks.

The original first maybe followed by Absolute and then the others in any order. Actually just checked - I have 6. 0 degree and a summer in addition to the other 4.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i liked aqua, but it isn't different or creative enough to justify a purchase.

32 is a terrible fragrance. way too sweet. and this coming from a new haarlem lover.

I like 32 and Absolue and am neutral to marginally favorable towards Aqua.

I have the orignial and absolut, I like them both equally. Absolut is a darker version of the original

Overcome By Fumes

Absolute is a bit deeper than the updated forms of the original and may suit your needs best. Forget the Aqua, might as well just dilute the original with some grain alcohol. The 32 is clearly a cousin, but more like a second cousin to the original. Much different fragrance, but pleasant. Not sure much more longevity, although that hasn't been an issue for me with the original (my bottle is circa 2003).

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    Absolute is a bit deeper than the updated forms of the original and may suit your needs best. Forget the Aqua, might as well just dilute the original with some grain alcohol. The 32 is clearly a cousin, but more like a second cousin to the original. Much different fragrance, but pleasant. Not sure much more longevity, although that hasn't been an issue for me with the original (my bottle is circa 2003).
    Thank you Sir. Next Fragrancenet run will definitely include a bottle of the Absolute.

32 is not sweet... Or at least not in a gourmand kind of way like amen.

It's very nice, soft, fresh and a little floral.

I like it more than original. Haven't tried the other flankers tho.

Aqua is fantastic, absolute is good, the current version is ok, 32 is awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    Aqua diluted? It lasts 8 to 10 hours. Lol... Completely false.

I enjoy the original best. 32 is nice, I enjoy it. It's not necessarily a good fragrance for a blind purchase though, it smells quite peculiar. Same when it comes to Absolute really, also nice but rather dark and there's something that doesn't quite work for me at times, and it's almost the only fragrance I own that did receive negative comments and perhaps the only frag I've smelled so far where I can understand that some reviewers compare it to a body odour/old sweat smell. You must enjoy a mix of cumin, incense and vanilla to get on with this one. Haven't tried the Aqua flanker yet.
    Last edited by Rüssel; 3rd April 2013 at 05:42 PM.