Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Do you really detect differences in YSL M7 early versions?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, there are dramatic differences; I can identify it immediately.

10 25.64%
  • YES, but there are only minor differences.

20 51.28%
  • NO, I am not able to smell any real difference.

9 23.08%

Default Poll: do you REALLY smell differences between YSL M7 early versions?

Poll:

Do you REALLY smell some difference between YSL M7 "original" (brown bottle, years 2002-2007) and "reformulated" ( 3-clear-sides bottle, year 2008-2009) one ?

There are 3 available answers:
    -YES, there are dramatic differences; I can identify immediately one and other.
    -YES, but but there are only slight differences and I am not able to identifiy it immediately.
    - NO, I don't smell any real difference.

(Beware: in this poll the more recent version M7 "Oud Absolu" is not considered)

Default Re: Poll: do you REALLY smell differences between YSL M7 early versions?

No.

Default Re: Poll: do you REALLY smell differences between YSL M7 early versions?

NO.. But the Oud Absolu is different. It is better.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielPlainview View Post
    NO.. But the Oud Absolu is different. It is better.
    Dont let DULLAH read this. I agree.

The cough syrup in the original M7's was horrible. The new version is brilliant, they changed what had to be changed and added a little bit of Myhrr to the formula. I have all three versions and my favorite is the Absolu.

To my nose, none whatsoever. But then again, I am quite untrained, inexperienced and without much olfactory acuity regarding the various releases of M7, even though having extensively sampled most or all of them- being unable to sense ANY difference.

Yes, the new one is toned down.

The vintage version is at least 40% stronger than the reformulation (clear glass).
    At the very least.

Imo there's remarkable differences.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

vintage version is quality and lasts twice as long.

Basenotes Plus

I don't like cough syrup, I don't even like any forms of processed cherries (love them FRESH only), yet somehow the original, vintage M7 is pure heaven to me. I originally blind bought it based on reviews, despite the cherry-vibe comments, thinking if I didn't like it I could sell it easily. Alas, it was love at first spray. I immediately sought, and bought, a backup bottle - as they are hard to find in the original, vintage blend. Now with two bottles I'm set for a while - though for me here in SoCal winters are short, with few cold or cool days to enjoy this fragrance, so these should last me a long while.

I have never had a chance to try the reformulated version of M7 so I don't know how those two compare, but I did buy M7 Oud Absolu recently (another blind buy). That one is not all that great, it's more like a tribute to the original M7 than a modern reformulation. It has the oud vibe going, but it's completely missing the warmth, the "cough syrup/cherry", and to me it's rather dry and forgettable.

Vintage M7 = 10/10
    Reformulated M7 = unknown
    M7 Oud Absolu = 5/10

I have the vintage and 1st reformulation. Subtle difference if any, which could possible even be related to age, or brain playin' tricks. That's me I'm talkin about, not the bottles

I had a sample of the original M7, I have a bottle of the reformulated M7, and a bottle of Oud Absolu.

Slightly different, but not enough to lose sleep over...

I' ve the vintage and the reformulated version.
    The vintage is stronger and the Agarwood note is more powerfull.

Only if i smell them side by side. I can only smell the oud in the old one when compared to the 2nd formula.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

....more than 550 readers and only 29 votes? Vote please, I'd like to know at least 75-100 different opinions

depends upon formulation. The one I own, when compared to the vintage, is just slightly, but slightly toned - BUT in essence it remains to be the same, good old M7.

32 votes until now: some more (HONEST please! ) answer?

Smells the same to me.

Funny -- M7 absolutely tanked when it first came out (yuck .. don't like this new oud note) -- couldn't give it away.

Now the original is 'cult'.

I have all 3 versions and the only difference is that the Oud Absolu is smoother.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Yes, I remember, it was so strange.... and at a certain point, due to poor sales, shop sold it at bargain price.
    Now it's sold at jewelry price....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Smells the same to me.

Funny -- M7 absolutely tanked when it first came out (yuck .. don't like this new oud note) -- couldn't give it away.

Now the original is 'cult'.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Honestly - No