Code of Conduct

Default Roja Vetiver price

The Roja Vetiver picked my interest and I just saw the price. Usually I don't like to bitch about prices, if I can afford something, fine, if not, fine as well; so it's not about affordability. But with Vetiver Extraordinaire and Sycomore around I have a tough time justifying the Roja Vetiver price (€580 vs €175 for VE per 100ml) beside being used as a marketing strategy aimed at creating an über exclusive brand, to be perceived as a peerless house (Amouage who?). Frankly this price it high game is becoming ridiculous and makes me lose interest in even trying the damn thing.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Roja Vetiver price

Keep in mind, this is an Extrait versus an EDP. I am not saying it is worth the price or not, but you are comparing Apples and Oranges.

Do you know the percentage of oil in the Roja Extrait?

Perfume extract, or simply perfume (extrait): 15-40% (IFRA: typical 20%) aromatic compounds
    Eau de Parfum (EdP), Parfum de Toilette (PdT): 10-20% (typical ~15%) aromatic compounds

Not much of a difference if you compare the typical values; for the price it better be at 40% concentration.

Why is it E580 ? Its around E330 here.

for swap/sale:

As far as I can tell it only sells in 50ml bottles for £245/€290.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    The Roja Vetiver picked my interest and I just saw the price. Usually I don't like to bitch about prices, if I can afford something, fine, if not, fine as well; so it's not about affordability. But with Vetiver Extraordinaire and Sycomore around I have a tough time justifying the Roja Vetiver price (€580 vs €175 for VE per 100ml) beside being used as a marketing strategy aimed at creating an über exclusive brand, to be perceived as a peerless house (Amouage who?). Frankly this price it high game is becoming ridiculous and makes me lose interest in even trying the damn thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Why is it E580 ? Its around E330 here.
    As far as I can tell it only sells in 50ml bottles for £245/€290.
    Then why did you say €580 in your OP?

for swap/sale:

Read carefully.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Then why did you say €580 in your OP?
    He is comparing to 100ml of Malle VE, so doubling the 50ml price to compare equal amounts of liquid.

Thanks Palmbeach.

Well for one thing, its a Roja and also an extract.

I own and enjoy Sycomore & Vetiver Extraordinaire and will definitely be adding Roja'd Vetiver. Its different enough to justify owning all three.

On a scale, it sits closer to VE but much further down the scale

In reality the scale is something like this:

|--------1---------------------------------2----------O-----------------------------------------------3-----|

1 being Roja's Vetiver
    2 VE
    & 3 Sycomore

Roja's Vetiver didn't smell extra strong or more intense. If anything the two EDPs Sycomore & VE smelled stronger but the extract smelled more complex.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I’ve smelt Vetiver and, after talking with one of the SAs at the Roja Dove boutique, we both agreed that it’s more or less a replication of the original formulation of Vetiver by Guerlain. In other words, it smells like Vetiver but is devoid of the musty tobacco accord. It’s rich and yet clean, and would easily appeal to Guerlain aficionados and lovers of Vétiver Extraordinaire.
    Do you agree with Trebor that it smells like Guerlain Vetiver without the tobacco note?

Do you agree with Trebor that it smells like Guerlain Vetiver without the tobacco note?
    I'll have to retry it to respond but I remember it being complex and more refined than the current Guerlain Vetiver.

for swap/sale: