Code of Conduct

Thread: Provence SantÚ

Default Provence SantÚ

No reviews and not much talk about these inexpensive sprays, but I find them nice pick me ups, with high quality, natural ingredients. There's a purity and simplicity to them. The vetiver is viscerally sexy and masculine, the almond is light and natural (not cloying or sugary), and the linden blossom and wild rose are understated little treats. To me, they're like croissants in a sea of tortured chocolate truffles.

They contain of 8-15% essential oils.

http://www.baudelairesoaps.com/catal...?cPath=353_417

Anyone a fan?

Default Re: Provence SantÚ

Very reasonably priced.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

The brand is very economical! I have some of the matching lotions, too, which are strongly scented.

Own
    :
    Linden-- the best linden I've smelled yet. Long lasting, too. IMO this is their best scent.
    Vervain-- one of the best verbena fragrances. Long lasting, too (but my bottle dates back 5-6 years and it's possible the current formulation is weaker due to IFRA restrictions.)
    Wild Rose-- fresh rose, a bit sweet, long lasting (but not my favorite rose perfume.) I wear it occasionally but will not repurchase.
    Bergamot-- light and fresh but not long lasting at all. Not as realistic as I'd hoped. Would not repurchase.
    Verlaine-- marketed to men-- verbena and linden. Verbena is gone in about 30 minutes and linden lingers. Light, very pleasant, leans toward feminine, I think. Sold in 50 ml bottle, unlike the others which are in 100ml bottles. I just bought this yesterday.

Owned:
    Vetiver-- my husband's bottle, actually. We were indifferent to it-- I don't recall why we even bought it to begin with. I'm sure there are better vetivers.

Never bought but smelled/tested:
    Sweet Almond-- this is a cherry-almond, not a heliotrope/Jordan almond. Not my cup of tea.
    Lavender-- weak, disappointing, not very realistic IMO.

Haven't tried yet and am curious about:
    Apricot

Online sources:
    Baudelairesoaps.com-- carries the whole line and often holds sales
    Smallflower.com
    Amazon, eBay etc.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 1st April 2013 at 01:45 AM.

Thanks for the info. Good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    The brand is very economical! I have some of the matching lotions, too, which are strongly scented.
    Never bought but smelled/tested:
    Sweet Almond-- this is a cherry-almond, not a heliotrope/Jordan almond. Not my cup of tea.
    Lavender-- weak, disappointing, not very realistic IMO.
    Agreed on the lavender. I like my lavender with more herbaceous zing; this is like a light haze of some indistinct, musky floral. I forgot about the verbena — to my nose straight up verbena. Good stuff. The one I didn't like was the Green Tea for men. I guess I just don't "get" the notes that pass for green tea, but they never capture any of the great green teas I've tried.
    Thank you for the resources!