Code of Conduct

Default Initial Impressions: Creed Bois de Cedrat and Feuilles Vertes

So I sampled two Creeds recently: Bois de Cedrat and Feuilles Vertes. I dabbed them on each hand.

Bois de Cedrat - very nice lemon scent. What Selection Verte is to mint, BdC is to lemon. The only problem I have is that it smells too much like lemon dish washer liquid, such as lemon pine sol. It's very reminiscent of that. So much so that I cannot justify paying $150+ for a full bottle. It's too early for me to tell, but I've also heard that the biggest knock on this fragrance is its longevity, in that it disappears in a matter of a few hours.

Feuilles Vertes - this one is kinda strange, and my wife agreed. It is green, but we both sense a weird note as well. Kinda reminiscent of bug spray. From what I've read, others have sensed this as well. Not full bottle worthy for me.

I'm a huge Creed fan and really wanted to like these two fragrances, but it just didn't work out. Who knows, maybe my opinion will change in the future.

What are your thoughts on these two fragrances?

Default Re: Initial Impressions: Creed Bois de Cedrat and Feuilles Vertes

Both nice fragrances and glad both are in my collection.

BdC's longevity is more like a few minutes, not hours. It was so bad, I sent it back. To keep it and try to wear it was just a complete waste of money, IMO.

Parfums De Nicolai's Cedrat Intense, or even their Cologne Cedrat, is a much better choice if you are looking for this type of fragrance. Their Cedrat Intense is now an EdP. In this type of fragrance, you really NEED the "intense". I really enjoy it.

Like you, I did not care for the FV, either. Too feminine for my liking.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...erruti-TheVert

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Bois de Cedrat is not like lemon detergent. It is simply the most natural and realistic and freshest lemon you can find in perfumery. I tried almost all good lemon fragrances and Bois de Cedrat was the most natural. But the problem is that it lasts just a few seconds on your skin, and then disappears without leaving a trace. If you want to have it, you should know that it is for the pleasures of the fleeting topnotes only.

- - - Updated - - -

Bois de Cedrat is not like lemon detergent. It is simply the most natural and realistic and freshest lemon you can find in perfumery. I tried almost all good lemon fragrances and Bois de Cedrat was the most natural. But the problem is that it lasts just a few seconds on your skin, and then disappears without leaving a trace. If you want to have it, you should know that it is for the pleasures of the fleeting topnotes only.

I like Bois de Cedrat, but don't wear it much due to longevity issues. Even if I drench my skin, I get no more than an hour or so, and it's really just a skin scent after about 30 minutes.

Lately, when I'm in a lemony mood, I sreach for Eau d'Hadrien. Longevity is nothing special, but at least it gives me three or four hours.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

I like Bois de Cedrat and would pick up a bottle if I didn't have PdN's Cedrat Intense, which is quite similar.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    Lately, when I'm in a lemony mood, I sreach for Eau d'Hadrien. Longevity is nothing special, but at least it gives me three or four hours.
    I agree. I have the EDP and get 6+ hours from it.
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

I sampled Feuilles Vertes again and I'm actually starting to like this fragrance. I no longer sense the bug spray vibe and it's a nice natural herb green fragrance. I would say it's pretty complex and wouldn't mind having it in my collection.