Code of Conduct

Default easy use cologne

I need help with next cologne purchase. I want an easy to use, vastly appreciated scent that I can wear any season and can garner plenty of compliments. As of right now my 3 choices are: boss bottled, issey miyake l'eau d'issey or issey miyake l'eau d'issey Sport. Any stories to go along with any of these? which do you think would fit best to a 17 year old. Feel free to recommend any other fragrances. Thank you.

Default Re: easy use cologne

L'Eau de Issey (not Sport) of those you listed

Bleu de Chanel is another thought...

Boss Bottled is sort of sweet, but would get compliments in high school. Maybe not great for warmer weather, though.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Sound Scents

I can't recommend any of those, with the L'eau d'Issey pour Homme being the worst of the lot, IMO. If you are looking at these kinds of fragrances, I recommend you check out Bellagio for Men by Parlux. It costs much less than all of them and I prefer it as well. It is a very easy to wear fresh, mildly herbal concoction that is generally appreciated by most in my experience. 100 ml bottles can be had online for about $15 or so.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Burberry London

Try Eau De Baux, cheap, can wear all year round and has good projection and longevity...

Banned
    Blog Entries

i wouldn't recommend either issey miyake or hugo boss.

try l'homme by yves saint laurent

This
    Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Try Eau De Baux, cheap, can wear all year round and has good projection and longevity...

Banned
    Blog Entries

BVlagri pour homme and eddie bauer pure

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Excellent recommendation.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the best to spend more than 50-75 on colognes / parfums when u r 17. U can spend it on better things.

IMHO, you can get a lot of good to very good frags for under that price, just search online stores and look up the reviews, or even better, go to macys or other stores that have a gd collection and sniff thru the under $75 frags, check whatever u like online and I am sure you can find most of those at least $5-25 less online...

Perry Ellis 360 Red. It's cheap. It smells a lot like the all time best seller Acqua Di Gio. In fact, some people prefer it. And did I mention that it's cheap? Find it online or at discounters like Ross.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Go for something cheap kid. And something that gets the most compliments. 17 years old is way too early to start overthinking things like the rest of us fellow basenoters. Appropriateness of the season is something you shouldn't care about at your age. Should think, "what cologne out there will help me get laid the easiest and the most for all under $30."

My suggestion: Ed hardy love and luck, cuba gold (and just tell the little cheerleaders you're wearing le male), or maybe at your age it's all about fitting in and being different is uncool. Then go with ADG or A&F fierce.

You are blessed with the ability of having no responsibilities and having whatever mistakes you do be of little consequence. The window for this type of freedom is small though. Just use protection and stay in school and graduate that's pretty much all you have to do.

Us old guys are married, some with kids, bills, and house payments to worry about. We are overworked and underpaid. This might be the only thing we got going on.

And arguing about the top 10 summer frags of 2013 should be reserved for the likes of us. Go out and do what 17 year olds do. Whatever that is. But I know 17 year olds shouldn't be trying to get advice on best seasonal fragrances from internet message boards

Boss Bottled without a doubt.

This is not very much my department. I will go with the others and suggest Eau de Baux, which is a good perfume. Safe bet.

I'd say, among others: Mugler Cologne, Gucci pour Homme II

Quote Originally Posted by romeocasido View Post
    Go for something cheap kid. And something that gets the most compliments. 17 years old is way too early to start overthinking things like the rest of us fellow basenoters. Appropriateness of the season is something you shouldn't care about at your age. Should think, "what cologne out there will help me get laid the easiest and the most for all under $30."
    Absolutely spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by romeocasido View Post
    My suggestion: Ed hardy love and luck, cuba gold (and just tell the little cheerleaders you're wearing le male), or maybe at your age it's all about fitting in and being different is uncool. Then go with ADG or A&F fierce.
    Again, YES! Swap AdG with my suggestion of Perry Ellis 360 Red, which can be had for as little as $15 and smells like AdG. That, plus Love & Luck, which can be had for as little as $25. Get those two and thank us later. Throw in Cuba Gold, which costs something like $15, and you're set.

One last piece of advice: Don't overdo it. Be charming. Don't be Cologne Guy.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

At your age I would just get Ed Hardy Love & Luck for Men... it is a great smelling fragrance at a reasonable price.

Versace Pour Homme is another great scent that is semi cheap and easily appreciated.
    Living each day one spray at a time

Love and luck
    Fierce
    Curve
    Cool water
    Play
    The One

For something sweet try Rochas Man

A little more pricey Bleu de Chanel or Aqua di Gio

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I'd say, among others: Mugler Cologne, Gucci pour Homme II
    I igree. Mugler Cologne is safe and also distinctive.

I would not recommend Issey Sport, some may like it, but it's not really a crowd pleaser. Maybe you can try the Issey Summer this year, it's cheaper and is more palatable than the original for the younger crowd.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne