Code of Conduct

Thread: orange and mint

Default orange and mint

Hi, everyone. I have been using this awesome soap (they call it Zum Bar) by a company called Indigo Wild, and one of the soap fragrances is called Citrus Mint. The scent itself is the perfect combination of fresh green spearmint and orange (with maybe a hint of lime). This is a mouthwatering and uplifting, good-mood inducing combination and I wonder if anyone has any suggestions of fragrances that may match this scent profile. I'm sure geranium/citrus could work as well. I'm looking forward to your responses, if such a thing exists.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by nthny; 1st April 2013 at 02:46 AM.

Default Re: orange and mint

Darley by Parfums de Marly

Thanks, hednic... It's going on the list.

Basenotes Institution

nthny, Joe P and I were just talking about you the other day...nice to see you round BN again, you've been missed.

I can't for the life of me think of a mint/orange suggestion right now, but I'm interesting in hearing what others have to say and also getting that Zum soap you've mentioned it sounds great.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Mike!! Hiii. Thanks for the kind words I bought my soap at a small health food store, but I know that Whole Foods carries it as well. It's a little hippy smelling, too, which I kinda like.

Eau d'orange verte by Hermes

Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

A bit more grapefruit & mint, but Geurlain Homme L'eau has a nice combo of citrus & mint IMO

You might like Armani Code Sport.

Thanks guys. I have the Hermes and love it. It's not quite the mint level I'm looking for but definitely in the citrus realm. I've never sniffed the Guerlain Homme L'eau or Code Sport, and most definitely will.

By the way, I checked this Indigo Wild website and they actually do have body sprays and oils. I didn't see citrus and mint, though there were some other enticing combos.

As it happens I am wearing a fragrance this morning that is orange and mint. It may not have as strong mint as you are looking for but I find it refreshing, even invigorating to a degree. Fragrance is The Different Company Limon di Cordoza. Created by perfumer Emille Cooperman, the notes as listed on Luckyscent are: Bitter orange, mandarin zest, mint leaves, neroli, freesia, patchouli, vetiver, guaiac wood. The primary difference between this one and Guerlain Homme L' Eau (Thierry Wasser) is the Guerlain smells of lime/grapefruit not orange as much, but the Guerlain has stronger mint and geranium as well. Notes are: bergamot, grapefruit, mint, geranium, rum and lime. The Guerlain Homme L' Eau was my first thought, but I like both.

My first thought was Live Jazz. Again not Orange, but has that "clash" that can happen with Citrus and Mint that is so mouthwatering.
    Last edited by andym72; 1st April 2013 at 02:10 PM.

Also, though neither orange nor mint are explicitly, directly listed, I truly sense that Eau de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermes has a quite strong, also quite refreshing and invigorating orange-mint vibe.

What about Caron's L'Anarchiste.
    Although it has orange blossom instead of orange fruit, it was the first thing that came to mind.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

These all sound spectacular, and a few of them I've had on the back burner to try for a while now. Thanks everyone, so much, for the thoughtful recommendations! I'm going to try them all.

Jacomo Paradox Blue pairs a blood orange note with mint for the main accord. There's also a hefty dose of cardamom in there. Very nice scent, and very underrated.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Thanks, TC. I'll look it up!

I can't think of any better suggestion than Live Jazz

Citrus mint is excellent.

Their Eucalyptus room spray is fantastic - very natural smelling.
    -

Though it is lemon and neroli, I would suggest Selection Verte and Jacques Fath Green Water.

I use this soap too lol, from Whole Foods. Jack Black signature is VERY similar I find.
    Nordstroms carries it.

Without a doubt, you are looking for Xerjoff 1861.

The most natural mint and citrus scented frag on the market. Great longevity for a citrus frag too

Expensive to say the least but its top quality juice for sure

Basenotes Plus

Some very good suggestions here...I would recommend Faconnable for Men.

Wonderful fresh Mandarin Orange (and Orange Blossom) with a nice fresh mint note.

Very inexpensive & the smell is wonderfully vibrant & elegant...cheers,

ericrico
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

I'd recommend either Kenzo Pour Homme Sport or Kenzo Boise (Woody)

...geranium/mint...

The only fragrances that I know of with orange and mint, albeit these notes aren't exclusive, are:

Eau D'Orange Vert

Tangerine Very by Miller Harris

Nouveau Bowery by Bond 9

None of these have a hippie vibe per se.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

You guys are awesome. Thanks so much for the suggestions. I can't wait to place my sample order. These will all be on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps I bought a somewhat inexpensive mint oil water spray and have been spraying it over Declaration and Eau d'orange Vert and it's keeping me temporarily satisfied. This water spray though has no staying power but it's really amazing what you learn when you add a very simple ingredient to a pre existing fragrance. I sprayed the mint over Grey Vetiver just for kicks and it reminded me after a while of Bleecker Street. I can imagine this orange mint effect could be awesomely achieved by mixing Bigarade Concentree and Geranium Pour Homme but I'm really excited to try your suggestions to find something that has already been composed to achieve this effect. Thanks again!
    Last edited by nthny; 4th April 2013 at 04:24 AM.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

You could also try Erik Kormann's Eau de Frohlich No.2: bergamot and prominent peppermint on top of lovely frankincense. Just sampled this and was blown away. The mint maintains its presence quite well.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

MPG's Secret Melange - orange & clove or perhaps I should say CLOVE & orange, with the clove throwing off a minty vibe (to me, at least).
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Sounds like the new one from Eau d'Italie called ACQUA DECIMA would be a perfect fit.

The gold of lemons and mandarins, the warmth of Neroli, the fresh coolness of petitgrain, enlivened by zesty notes of mint leaves. The result is a fragrance which from the very first notes inevitably brings a smile to one’s face and the immediate good mood we feel when we recognize classic notes we love. Acqua Decima is the fragrance that reflects the sunniest feelings we have inside.

Thanks again, guys. these add-ons sound great. And the marketing blurb about Acqua Decima describes what I am looking for better than I could have.

1861 by Xerjoff