Code of Conduct

Default Is there a dry down anything close to Xerjoff's Richwood, sandalwood dry down ?

This dry down is unbelievable, with that rich mysore sandalwood. I find the dry down very unique to anything I have tried in the past. Unfortunately it takes some hours for the patchouli and rose to burn off leaving that dry grainy, lively sandalwood. To my nose I prefer mysore sandalwood over any oud that I have tried in the past. This fragrance lasts a good 18 hours on my skin. Its amazing that I have not gotten to this one until last week, for the first time.
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Default Re: Is there a dry down anything close to Xerjoff's Richwood, sandalwood dry down ?

Try getting some pure SW oil, u will throw the Xerjoff away...

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Default Re: Is there a dry down anything close to Xerjoff's Richwood, sandalwood dry down ?

Santal de Mysore by Montale from the Confidential Collection.

Thread resurrection:

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Santal de Mysore by Montale from the Confidential Collection.
    Do you happen to know if they still make this ? I have a bit left from a split ages ago and but I'd love to get some more if possible. That or maybe a bottle of Richwood with the gold plaque. Stone label doesn't smell as nice to me.
    Currently wearing: 1861 by Xerjoff

Coromandel and Psychedelique are the closest I've smelled.

It is a particularly nice one but at over 500, it should be

Maybe give Chanel Bois des Iles a try? Also, if you want more straight up Mysore Sandalwood and a smaller amount of supporting notes do check out AbdesSalaam Attar Chillum. Totally agree that a good sandalwood like Mysore beats oud any day.
    MadHat Scents

Brineapple (Pineapple, Guava, Ylang Ylang, Marine Notes, Green Tea, Cade, Guaiacwood, Cedar Wood, Ozone) / Fur - (Vintage Musks, Woods, Leather) / Onsen Wood (Hinoki/Hiba/Cedar/Yuzu) / Vert Moss (Oakmoss Absolute, Cologne, Vetiver, Incense, Cedar) / L.O.M. Leather Oud Musk (Leather, Oud, Musk, Beeswax, Tobacco, Strawberry, Incense & Amber)

Basenotes Plus

Vintage C&E, Vintage Foris, Iunx L'Arbre, CM Tricorn...
    There is also very nice Mysore note separation on PPH after shave (believe it or not, arguable better that the edt for this particular note)
    Last edited by schnozz; 8th May 2017 at 02:00 PM.