Code of Conduct

Default Orange Sanguine - is Orange the only note you smell?

I'm thinking of blind buying Orange Sanguine. I rarely don't blind buy fragrances, but this case is different. I've done my research, I've watched every review there is, I have an idea of how the longevity and sillage is going to be. And most importantly, I do have a picture of how this smells, and I'm hooked. Freshly squeezed orange juice - something I would be delighted to smell like! And according to the many people, it smells just like orange juice. Bingo!

Well, some say that the orange opening stays as it opens for the rest of the lifespan. And others say that the opening lasts for 15 minutes before turning into a sandalwood-y, amber-y, synthetic fragrance, which gets me a bit worried :/

My question is, is the Orange note in Orange Sanguine all you get? If no, what other notes do you detect, and how detectable are they?

Default Re: Orange Sanguine - is Orange the only note you smell?

Mostly.

Pretty much. If you love orange, this is the frag. It's not an orange cream cycle but rather a natural take on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much. If you love orange, this is the frag. It's not an orange cream cycle but rather a natural take on it.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So basically, orange is the only note you smell during the time it lasts?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

My husband wears this...I'll get his take on it when he comes home. It's mostly orange, but not solely orange, as I recall.

I am no great fan of prominent amber, jasmine or tonka in perfume, and yet I like Orange Sanguine on him, so I think those notes must not be strong.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    My husband wears this...I'll get his take on it when he comes home. It's mostly orange, but not solely orange, as I recall.

I am no great fan of prominent amber, jasmine or tonka in perfume, and yet I like Orange Sanguine on him, so I think those notes must not be strong.
    Alright, thank you for taking your time!

I've only worn it once (though I own it), and when I did I got mostly orange, but it is very realistic and worth smelling. Longevity isn't bad, which is nice.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    I've only worn it once (though I own it), and when I did I got mostly orange, but it is very realistic and worth smelling. Longevity isn't bad, which is nice.
    What other notes were detectable?

To my nose it captures the moment of peeling an orange perfectly. I started wearing a bit after reading your post, and a few hours later I still get the orange, but perhaps its the jasmine mixed with touch of amber which gives the "impression" of an orange. Definitely not a sandalwoody or ambery scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Stesa View Post
    To my nose it captures the moment of peeling an orange perfectly. I started wearing a bit after reading your post, and a few hours later I still get the orange, but perhaps its the jasmine mixed with touch of amber which gives the "impression" of an orange. Definitely not a sandalwoody or ambery scent.
    Alright, that's good to know! Let me know of it develops more

Orange juice is all I smell and I prefer it that way

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    Orange juice is all I smell and I prefer it that way
    I hope to get that impression too, as soon as I've bought a sample of it.

How does it compare to the very orange Happy For Men?
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    How does it compare to the very orange Happy For Men?
    I haven't tried either one so I can't tell. However, according to the reviews, there is no comparison between the two. Orange Sanguine wins in every category by a long shot!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

My husband obligingly applied it after his shower. He says he smells orange and a little bit of soft wood, and I concur.

That's about all I get out of it. It's good for the spring and summer.

The background notes are pretty light so you have to really try hard to notice them. Apart from orange I get a faint geranium and soft woods, a slight sweetness and soft florals. So apart from the orange it seems to be a mixture of soft woods, florals and a subtle sweetness. All in all, it's blended very well and the blood orange is definitely the primarily player. My favorite orange citrus prominent fragrance by quite a bit.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Mainly fresh orange, but the orange does slowly fade into an ambery orange which is a hint synthetic. It's worth it though for that opening. As others have said, there are some very light florals and woods in the background. On the box it does say:

1. Blood orange
    2. Geranium from South Africa
    3. Sandalwood

Thanks everyone for your comments! I just realized that I need to sample this baby rather than blind buying it. That slight amber/woody accord scares me since I don't like those notes at all. We'll just have to wait and see