Code of Conduct

Default P. Picasso Minotaure or Cartier Santos

Hello, i can't decide which one to get for my next purchase - Paloma Picasso Minotaure or Cartier Santos?
    Which one would you choose? Keep in mind i can only get the current versions/formulations.
    Thanks!

Default Re: P. Picasso Minotaure or Cartier Santos

Cartier Santos

I would pass on the latest formulations and get something else. If we were talking original formulations, I'd go for Minotaure, because of its uniqueness and the sandalwood note. Vintage Santos doesn't have as much of a "wow factor."

Banned
    Blog Entries

minotaure!!!

I'd choose both, If I could, but Minotaure as a spring-summer scent, while Santos for autumn-winter and/or formal wear. By the way, both are good in any formulation.

Hmmm.... I just ordered Minotaur yesterday and I can't wait to try it out. I have had Santos for awhile now and it is not a bad scent but it is pretty strong and to me it screams suit and tie so I don't wear it much.
    Living each day one spray at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I'd choose both, If I could, but Minotaure as a spring-summer scent, while Santos for autumn-winter and/or formal wear. By the way, both are good in any formulation.
    For me, the painted black Santos was beyond awful, whereas with Minotaure the great sandalwood note was gone or greatly diminished in the reformulation, and it was just a fuzzy, mediocre scent with poor longevity (unless you are seeking a skin scent).

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy01 View Post
    Hmmm.... I just ordered Minotaur yesterday and I can't wait to try it out. I have had Santos for awhile now and it is not a bad scent but it is pretty strong and to me it screams suit and tie so I don't wear it much.
    did you get the newer santos in red box or?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    For me, the painted black Santos was beyond awful, whereas with Minotaure the great sandalwood note was gone or greatly diminished in the reformulation, and it was just a fuzzy, mediocre scent with poor longevity (unless you are seeking a skin scent).
    I didn't know Minotuare was reformulated. Is there a way to tell by the box design or bottle ?
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Minotaure, especially if you are headed into warmer weather.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Quote Originally Posted by exploretoi View Post
    did you get the newer santos in red box or?

It's the red box!
    Living each day one spray at a time

ok, thanks...looks like the majority vote for minotaure, so i think i'l get him first.
    any scent that is related to minotaure, for example escada pour homme or?

Laura Biagiotti Roma is apparently very similar to Minotaure (I haven't tried Minotaure) and if Minotaure is now a poor reformulatio then I recommend Roma (actually i recommend it anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy01 View Post
    It's the red box!
    ok, thanks...i have from cartier pasha, it's also in the red box and very dense and strong

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Laura Biagiotti Roma is apparently very similar to Minotaure (I haven't tried Minotaure) and if Minotaure is now a poor reformulatio then I recommend Roma (actually i recommend it anyway).
    i've also read that it's similar to axe africa??, and some consider it a mature version of le male

Santos. By a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by exploretoi View Post
    ok, thanks...i have from cartier pasha, it's also in the red box and very dense and strong

- - - Updated - - -

i've also read that it's similar to axe africa??, and some consider it a mature version of le male

Can't tell you anything about Axe Africa but it isn't like Le male.
    Roma Uomo is a mandarin /grapefruit and sandalwood with benzoine, nothing like the the minty lavender Le male.

You made the right choice with PPM. It's great even in the current formulation. It's so much more versatile and uplifting not to mention more contemporary smelling IMO. A bright delicious oriental for warmer weather. One of the fragrances that I've had many bottles of. I had Santos in vintage and while it was nice, it was too close to skin and not as exciting to me--of course an altogether different scent.
    PPM is similar to Roma but still a superior fragrance compared to it. The similarity to Le Male mentioned by some comes out if PPM is worn in very small amounts. Somehow when you get a brief whiff of the vanilla, it reminds you of it. But that's it. Personally I never wear it in very small amounts LOL.