Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Curve discontinued! Lol can someone please fix the reviews on this site.

I noticed Curve and some other best selling frags are marked recently as "discontinued". Considering Curve is still one of the best selling male fragrances, and Elizabeth Arden isn't allergic to money, I can't see how this is true.

There been no announcements or press releases on this or other info. But on that note, has anyone noticed the reviews of fragrances on this site have horribly inaccurate summaries or pictures. I don't understand why, maybe the editors should open it in a wiki model and crowd source it, at least that would allow people to correct obvious errors.

Cheers

MdS

Blog Entries

Default Re: Curve discontinued! Lol can someone please fix the reviews on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    I noticed Curve and some other best selling frags are marked recently as "discontinued". Considering Curve is still one of the best selling male fragrances, and Elizabeth Arden isn't allergic to money, I can't see how this is true.

There been no announcements or press releases on this or other info. But on that note, has anyone noticed the reviews of fragrances on this site have horribly inaccurate summaries or pictures. I don't understand why, maybe the editors should open it in a wiki model and crowd source it, at least that would allow people to correct obvious errors.

Cheers

MdS
    It looks like all the fragrances in the directory have been marked "DISCONTINUED." Check the date in your calendar. ;-)

Default Re: Curve discontinued! Lol can someone please fix the reviews on this site.

That's what passes for April fools around here...sigh

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    It looks like all the fragrances in the directory have been marked "DISCONTINUED." Check the date in your calendar. ;-)
    Haha I'd not noticed this - well done, Basenotes

Haha, nice to see Grant having a bit of fun.

Basenotes Plus

I was about to list my original formulation rare, vintage, and discontinued bottle of L'Artisan's Caligna on ebay for a starting bid of $500

Ha! I just went to my wardrobe to mark Terre D'Hermes as my SOTD and saw that it was discontinued, and was about to look further into it. Makes sense now.

Good one.

Grant is a prankster. I remember last year he came on and said that, soon, Basenotes would become a paid only website.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    That's what passes for April fools around here...sigh
    Oy. You're right. That's pretty weak. Then again, 99.9999999% of all April Fools pranks are lame.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post

Aw man!

There goes my hopes of listing Curve on eBay for 20x the amount I paid for it
    Last edited by 1280adam; 2nd April 2013 at 02:19 AM.

OMG I was just about to pay a premium for Pi Neo before it's all GONE!!!

haha

The fact that it is no longer April 1, at least for most of the world, makes it even funnier.

I believe it is just called trolling when you do it on other days of the year.

Too funny!

The Nautica fragrances in the directory are all marked discontinued too...
    ?????
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

very dangerous! seeing discontinued to someones favorite frag is liable to give them a heart attack!

I noticed this yesterday as well... so that's twice I got caught yesterday!!! LOL

Lol cheers Grant
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I wonder if Grant is now banned?