Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question L'eau d'issey pour homme and Boucheron pour homme

Hello fellow enthusiasts.

I've a question. My collection so far concentrates on aromatic fougeres with a few others thrown in for good measure. What I don't have is a summer fragrance. I've decided to buy my first summer fragrance. Points:

1) I come from a tropical country. It is rather hot in the summers, although not very humid.
    2) My skin is inefficient in sustaining any kind of longevity. The only ones that have managed to stay around for a few hours are Jaipur pour Homme EdP, Kouros and a sample of Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (surprisingly).
    3) I will need to order a good summer fragrance. I will go out and try what I can, but a blind buy is a huge possibility.

Question 1) So far, I've pretty much decided on purchasing L'eau d'issey pour homme. Its pleasant, and complex enough for an aquatic. However, my previous OUTSTANDING experience with Jaipur pour homme is pushing me towards Boucheron pour Homme Edp. Opinions?
    Question 2) I love the pine note in the original Ralph Lauren polo but I don't know if it is suitable for an indian summer. I've a bottle already - but I'm pretty sure its been diluted, or had degraded from being very very old. What do you think about this?
    Question 3) Can you recommend any other good aquatic fragrance? I'd prefer to stay away from Cool Water and Acqua di Gio - every alternate person seems to wear them.
    Question 4) Do you know any good non-aquatic fragrance that is suitable for a hot summer?

To emphasize, if it has poor longevity, it doesn't work for me. Sillage is important yes, but longevity definitely is!

Thank you!

Default Re: L'eau d'issey pour homme and Boucheron pour homme

Jaipur PH should be extremely cloying in hot weather.
    Go for L'Eau, average longevity, great longevity is rare for this kind of fragrances.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

I agree. You will cloy yourself out with Jaipur PH in the summer. Issey is a better scent for hot weather. But go light on the sprays with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Boucheron pH edp, while a classy citrus, it can get a little sweet and might be too much in the scorching summer heat; try before you buy.
    Some fresh, good for summer, with good longevity on me: Chanel Platinum Egoiste, Cartier Declaration, Azzaro Chrome, Guerlain Vetiver

There's also a Jaipur aquatic version being released that you might try.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

@Brian Towers and sjg3839- I agree, Jaipur might get too cloying in the summer. Which is why the citrus blend of Boucheron Pour Homme EdP sounds tempting.
    @Luca - Too sweet can be an issue, but its more likely I'll spend most of my day in airconditioned offices than the outdoors (except while travelling to a restaurant). I will preview it, should I get hold of a bottle here in Bangalore. I'm basenote searching the other frags you recommended, including Jaipur aquatic edition I find. I just want something a little different from my existing collection.

Any thoughts of Ralph Lauren Polo (the original green)? The smell is amazing, but I don't know if its any good for the summer. The pine makes me agree.

Yachting by Pascal Morabito

Boucheron PH and Jaipur PH have nothing in common apart from being from the same brand. So liking one does not automatically mean you will like the other (I have BPH, and cannot stand Jaipur).

If you have issue with longevity, then I would recommend a Vetiver, they work well in tropical heat.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

@hednic - I haven't heard of Yachtin by Pascal Morabito, I will read the reviews online. Unlikely that I will get a sample here in India so it'll be a blind buy if the reviews on basenotes / fragrantica are very positive.

@andym72 - I agree. They also have in common great longevity which translates to regular longevity on my skin. Te citrus seems like it could work in summer, so I asked.

Just two more question for all of you, then I'll (try to) stop bugging you all

1) Ralph Lauren Polo (the 1978 original) in the summer? I absolutely adore the smell but I have a tester that have a longevity of 5-15 minutes TOPS (clearly a fake). Given that this is not usually the case, will it work in summer? Or has this been reformulated into a crappy smell?
    2) Do there exist any non-aquatic frags with great longevity that work in the summer?

Thank you all so much for responding so far!
    Last edited by dnivra; 2nd April 2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: additional information added

Post Thanks / Like

L'eau D'Issey works great even in extreme heat or humidity!
    Consider also Azzaro Chrome, Joop Nightflight, Bvlgari Aqua Pour Homme, Joop Jump and Platinium Egoiste.
    ST Dupont Essence Pure Pour Homme works better than all for me, believe me!!!