Code of Conduct

Default Ruehl No. 925 R7?

Does anyone know if 925 and 925 R7 are two different frags or if they are one and the same? Is one men's and the other women's?

Default Re: Ruehl No. 925 R7?

They are two diffrent scents 925 is the original - recently R7 was launched. I bought a bottle of R7 and I can tell you it is not worth it - the scent smells just like Ezra Fitch for men rebottled.

I have yet to smell 925.

Sorry to bring back this old topic, but how do you distinguish between the old No. 925 and the new No. 925 R7. There are tons of these on eBay, can anyone post a picture or a link to the original No. 925 bottle

Second question is regarding those 8oz Abercrombie & Fitch room spray spritz is this the same scent as the original no. 925.

Cheers

The R7 has a red inlaid on the cap and the 925 has very dark black inlaid

What about the box? some are sold shrink wrapped, so no way of telling it.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by uand View Post
    Sorry to bring back this old topic, but how do you distinguish between the old No. 925 and the new No. 925 R7. There are tons of these on eBay, can anyone post a picture or a link to the original No. 925 bottle

Second question is regarding those 8oz Abercrombie & Fitch room spray spritz – is this the same scent as the original no. 925.

Cheers
    no, a&f room spray is fierce. ruehl stores closed in 2010 and their cologne is out of stock. at this point, it's incredibly rare to find. i believe r7 had the longer more rectangular bottles.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

There were two different versions, R-4 and R-7. Unfortunately, not much is described about them. One looks yellowish in color and the other greenish. One is supposedly a parfum and the other a cologne? There are two sizes.

Anyway, I'd read a couple of reports that the fragrance doesn't keep well in the container. So, in all likelihood you may find yourself paying $125 for a bottle of piss.

This is the first time I hear about this stuff,
    can anyone post a link where we can get more info?

Here's some info., pending more....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruehl_No.925

Coming from an adman's perspective: Ruehl was Abercrombie & Fitch's attempt to introduce an even pricier brand than A&F that was along the lines of Express, but more expensive and a little "grittier". Around the same time, American Eagle Outfitters, which occupies a lower pricepoint than A&F for similar clothes with their eponymous brand, tried to target A&F's own customers with Martin + Osa. Notably for us Basenoters, while Ruehl launched several frags, Martin + Osa never had a fragrance.

Neither attempt worked. Ruehl's intended customers kept shopping at Express, and Martin + Osa's intended customers kept shopping at A&F. The Great Recession of 2008-2010 killed both brands.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 20th December 2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."