Code of Conduct

Smile SOTD Tuesday 2nd April 2013

Good morning ladies, gents and visiting aliens!

Allow me to kick off on this bright and beautiful day.

I am sampling Castana by Cloon Keen Atelier. A nutty light vetiver, some florals underneath. Quite nice actually!

Have a wonderful and productive day everyone x

- - - Updated - - -

Mods, can you please merge my thread with kewart's? Thanks!

Default SOTD Tuesday 2nd April 2013

IVOIRE de BALMAIN!

If Spring won't come to me (it's trying
    to snow here again) then I shall give
    it a massive hint by wearing this green, soapy,
    creamy scent, that always puts a smile on my face.

Enjoy your day everyone.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Default Re: SOTD Tuesday 2nd April 2013

Do happy

Basenotes Plus

Dior Hypnotic Poison for me on this chilly morning. Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Hello Everyone,

M.Micallef's Yellow Sea.

Have a lovely Tuesday, all.

In Prada Amber Pour Homme today. Also sampling Prada Candy L'Eau on my right hand.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Himalaya seems appropriate for the bright and chilly conditions here today.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 2nd April 2013 at 01:32 PM.

Creed Aventus

Blog Entries

I'm chillin' at home today, trying to keep my scratchy throat from developing into a full-blown cold. Daughter is finally able to resume taking the school bus, is managing better with her knee brace.

SotD is Creed Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare.

Hello all. Donna Karan Black Cashmere.
    DONNA

Good morning, looks like everyone is still hit with the chill. 30R, hope you feel better soon!

I'm testing Al Oudh by L'Artisan Parfumeur, but after yesterdays Mona di Orio's Oud, this just seems very thin and sour. It's gotten better as the middle notes have emerged, but it's not wowing me. I wish I didn't like Mona's so much, but the drydown just enchanted me. So sad the price makes it so out of reach.

Good morning, everyone -

I'm in a gorgeous cloud of Pivoine Rose by Ava Luxe.

Y'all have a fantastic day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good morning, goodsmellingpersons.

Sonoma Scent Studio's Tabac Aurea. This to me is a very American smell, in a very nice way. And brown, with the tobacco. I always think to wear this when I am wearing brown, neutral tones.

I won't talk about the weather here, so as not to jinx it. But I hope everyone who is too cold warms up soon.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Tuesday 2nd April 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sous Le Toit De Paris by Atelier Cologne

YSL Parisienne this morning for me (even though I am a Virginienne!).

What a beautiful peony photo, Evangeline!

Spring is dragging its feet here, too. It's still very chilly!

Miss Dior le parfum

Basenotes Plus

Cold again this morning, but I have a feeling I better get used to it. They
    showed the April forecast and we're to be "much colder" than average this
    month.

Hope you feel better soon, 30 Roses!

Wearing By Kilian Love and Tears from a sample I received from a sweet Bner.
    It's a very nice jasmine scent, not all jasmines work for me, but this one is
    just beautiful this morning.

Have a great day!

Yeah, it got fixed and everything I own is back "In Production" again. With the exception of my SotD, perhaps? Guerlain Plus Que Jamais, thanks to a fellow fragrance traveler who sent me a generous decant.

Basenotes Institution

Warm & hot here. Had to get up EARLY to go to the car dealer & get one of my headlights replaced. But it was worth it because I avoided a lot of South Miami traffic and got to work a bit early. Wow. It's going to be one of those Tough Days today. I'm bracing myself for it - I should be getting home probably after 10 pm.

Reached for this one, even though I don't really wear it that often (no reason):

Declaration Eau Genereuse by Cartier

I also spritzed on a tiny amount of Terre de Hermes from a sample I had, on my left arm. These two share the same DNA, for sure.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Bois des Iles from my new decant.

Hang tough, Mike.

Now to proofread an article about sweaty toilets.

Hey everyone. It is a beautiful spring day here, to hit 70s later. Ashame to be in the office today. But sampling Ramon Monegal Lovely Day, which is not turning out to be a fav for me.

Kiliwia, love the pics you've been posting.

Sampling Pure Mariposa by Monegal. It's kinda nice. It has tuberose and gardenia but they don't bother me in this scent! At least I think there is a tinge of gardenia. It's not listed but it was a note I thought I got. Slight but there I think. I don't really get much at all on the tuberose. It's really a clean, soapy orange on top. I get mostly soapy orange overall in this scent..a slight tinge of gardenia..but just a hint. Branch-y greens and black currant also a strong notes in this for me. It's like O de L`Orangerie by Lancome meets a diluted Enchanted Forest by Vagabond Prince. No spices though. Gets a bit musky..that's where I start to lose interest, like a white-ish musk. I don't see musk listed for the Monegal but I get a white musk in there I think. The middles notes are complex as I got flower after flower. I don't get a lot of patchouli if at all, I get more black currant. White, clean orange, green-woody with bit of sweetness is what I would describe this as. I don't smell a few notes listed. Light but a bit complex scent. Fresh, like I said. So as a summary I get the following:

Top Notes: A soapy, clean orange..followed by a branchy, black currant
    Middle: Clean white florals, green, fresh/ozonic
    Base: A bit of amber, tonka and white musk..I do get that white musk for some reason. Some smooth woods, a bit of sweetness on the base.

Overall nice but the soapiness of the orange and white musk don't do it for me. Though, I do like some elements to it..the orange blossom and floral notes are nice. Just soapy, imo. I don't like too soapy.

Cello, I didn't like Lovely Day either, not really at all. Was looking forward to the notes too.
    Last edited by kalli; 2nd April 2013 at 03:58 PM.

Bonjour Mesdames!

30Roses, I hope you feel better -- no more cold and flu season, darn it! ::: shakes fist at sky :::

I'm sending strength and patience your way, Mike.

Sweaty toilets? Condensation? Loose-fitting base seal? Oh, do tell, Quarry!

Evangeline, how pronounced is the musk in Pivoine Rose? I find it varies quite a bit with Serena's fragrances. For example, I'm fine with the level of musk in No. 23, but it overpowers Madeline for me, making it nearly unwearable.

Sporting stinky flower garden again today in Une Fleur de Cassie.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

R de Capucci this typical SE Florida Spring morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quarry, sweaty toilets? Lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    +1.

Hello all, house twin with donna today in DK Gold. lt's cold here too but beautifully sunny right now.

Planning to revisit my sample of Tabac Blond this evening, from the back of the wardrobe.

Feel better soon Roses, & hang in there mike!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

I slept until 11, am drinking hot tomato soup and tea, and hanging around reading/being an utter blob today.
    That should do it.

Blob on, 30R! Hope you're feeling better soon. Your body must be telling you it's time to rest.

(((Mike))), sounds like one of those days. Ugh!

Took me until yesterday evening to catch on that we were being punked with all those "discontinueds". I even cleaned out my samples list and still assumed it was a BN glitch! A bit slow, I was!

Guerlain Rose Barbare today. Have a nice day, gang!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post

Could there possibly be an ulterior motive ???

Wearing Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum.

Vepres Siciliennes by MDCI

Love the photos of scenery and perfumes on these SOTD threads!

Very nice to look at everyone...thank you.

Be well.
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

I've had a lovely surprise arrival today. A blind buy of After the Rain by Arran Aromatics, bought for not much on Ebay, and it's just lovely. Woody with rose and musk and generally yummy

What I've Been Wearing:

Basenotes Plus

(((30R))) hope your day of relaxation helped.

SotE - Jil Sander Scent 79.

Eau de Shalimar. Sweet and sunny.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Evangeline, how pronounced is the musk in Pivoine Rose? I find it varies quite a bit with Serena's fragrances. For example, I'm fine with the level of musk in No. 23, but it overpowers Madeline for me, making it nearly unwearable.
    Well, as much as I like the scent of Madeline, its way-too-authentic Chai vibe keeps me from wearing it. I realize it's completely a matter of taste as well as perception, but I don't enjoy wearing perfumes that smell more like actual food (or a candle) to me than "proper" perfumes ...no matter how nice that food or candle (or potpourri, or room spray) might smell. Although I'm not sure I ever sensed any musk in Madeline, but I'm really not a good judge for you since I'm not at all sensitive to musks. If I'm not completely anosmic to it, I tend to like most things others describe as musky ...but I do think there's a fair amount of musk in Pivoine Rose now that you mention it, simply because I've always thought it was a very realistic interpretation of the flower, which I happen to find pretty musky in nature ...plus, Serena includes it in the notes, and her musks do tend to be rather rich. Are you on a quest for a pretty peony perfume?

I went from gorgeous peonies to gorgeous roses this afternoon. I'm now in Creed's Fleurs de Bulgarie, which I suppose makes me scent-cousins with 30 R.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes - making it thru the day.

Wooznib sent me some samples, so currently my arm is saturated with a sample of:

Cathedral in Flames by Garner James

Spicy!!! Like that line from the movie, Dune: "He who controls the spice, controls the Universe!!'
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Turns out the article was about aquastats and circulators, not sweaty toilets. Hope you're not disappointed.

Good Evening.
    Can't wait to sample Castana
    SOTD for me Creed Love in Black to begin, Fath de Fath later in the day!

Blog Entries

Daughter and hubby are headed out to the cinema and I'm going to read at home. Rest is good.

Eau De Cartier Essence d'Orange + Cuir de Lancome. Seredipitous! The Cartier sample seemed a bit boring, so I spritzed some Cuir. Family commenced to make yummy sounds.

Thanks, Evangeline. I agree with you that Serena's musks are quite rich, and, ever since the day I got a migraine while wearing SSS Egyptian Musk (although it didn't *cause* the migraine), I've had to be very careful with white/soft musks, or they re-trigger a headache. Funny enough, I still seem to do OK with MKK and Musc Ravageur. Back on topic, though, I *am* interested in a peony fragrance, but I know that can be rather a difficult note. I already have, and really enjoy, HdP Vert Pivoine. Are there others you enjoy?

And my blind buy of Cinema just arrived, so that's my SotE, and I believe there's peony in that, too, but I wouldn't call Cinema a "peony fragrance." Actually, I think Cinema will turn out to be a floral amber on me -- as opposed to an ambery floral.... Regardless, teardrop, you were spot-on right : Cinema is right up my alley, and I'm liking it a lot so far! Thanks for the reassurance/enabling!

(((30Roses))) Glad you're feeling better!

Basenotes Plus

Wearing Coco Mademoiselle this evening. This is the first time I've worn it when I can really see why people love it so much. I've always liked it, but tonight I love it!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Lagerfeld Photo tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Oh ExtremeK, although E. thanks me every time for having done I do not even know what, I find no peonies in Serena's Peony Rose. It is sharp and astringent citrus and rosey musk on this skin, the end. Sorry to be a wet blanket.

Estee Lauder Knowing for this PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    And my blind buy of Cinema just arrived, so that's my SotE, and I believe there's peony in that, too, but I wouldn't call Cinema a "peony fragrance." Actually, I think Cinema will turn out to be a floral amber on me -- as opposed to an ambery floral.... Regardless, teardrop, you were spot-on right : Cinema is right up my alley, and I'm liking it a lot so far! Thanks for the reassurance/enabling!
    Woohoo, so glad you like it ExtremeK! Only too delighted to enable!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.