Code of Conduct

Question Bond No. 9 New York Patchouli (2013)

I tried a sample of this, it lasts a LONG LONG time. Very high projections. However, I'm ambivalent about the scent. It reminds me of the smell of Selsun Blue. What are your thoughts?

Smile Re: Bond No. 9 New York Patchouli

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    I tried a sample of this, it lasts a LONG LONG time. Very high projections. However, I'm ambivalent about the scent. It reminds me of the smell of Selsun Blue. What are your thoughts?
    Selsun Blue? LOL no!!!
    OMG now I'm gonna start smelling that :P
    My sister got me small bottle because I'm a fan of Bond and Patchouli. Its starts with ginger, then ends with a VERY LIGHT but VERY LIGHT note of patchouli. So the name is... um.... disappointing.
    Frankly, all New York scents smell the same: Oud, Musk, Amber, and this one. Same smell to me.
    It's not bad. But patchouli? Um. NO.

On the other hand I got a sample of Scent Of Peace for Him and even though it opens with a wild note of pineapple, it really becomes this refined vetiver perfume... I like it a lot

Default Re: Bond No. 9 New York Patchouli (2013)

I have to agree, this one, like all of the other New York scents, smells very similar to the others, and is a bit redundant to own imo, if you own one of the others. NY Amber is the best of the bunch in my view.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Anybody else smell this?

I still think its smells like shampoo, but I've grown to like it. However, I find Scent of Peace revolting.

I spoke too son on Scent Of Peace. I tried from the sample once and it hasn't fully developed I guess when I said it was refined.
    I used it two or there more times. And by the last time I was like what is that disgusting smell in my clothes and my bed sheets? :S
    Yup, it was scent of peace. turns out sour and a very stinky note you can't wash off
    thumbs way down.

Blog Entries

I have mixed feelings about both of these. I get some extraordinarily good sillage from Scent of Peace for Him. It's like - WOW. But you're right - very persistent, and there is a scent on my skin that I don't like.

New York Patchouli is strangely light for a patchouli - I like that aspect. But there are other aspects of patchouli that I miss.

I will keep testing. Overall, however, I appreciate getting a couple of scents that are so guy-friendly.

Basenotes Plus

Sampling this on as my scent of the day. I get a very dry patchouli that is fused with a dry wood; cedar is what I most get. I do get the reference to Oud; it does have a slightly medicinal quality. A bit of sweetness, perhaps a hint of citrus about a half hour to an hour in. Then, there is that general "bond" ozone-ish smell that I get in most of them; whatever that is. I am working my way through a lot of 18 samples, and I have to say, I find most of them ehhh. I have liked New Harlem, Sax Fifth Ave. for Men, and Coney Island the most. This is one, Cooper Square, New York Oud, and Wall Street were not so hot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RichNTacoma View Post
    Sampling this on as my scent of the day. I get a very dry patchouli that is fused with a dry wood; cedar is what I most get. I do get the reference to Oud; it does have a slightly medicinal quality. A bit of sweetness, perhaps a hint of citrus about a half hour to an hour in. Then, there is that general "bond" ozone-ish smell that I get in most of them; whatever that is. I am working my way through a lot of 18 samples, and I have to say, I find most of them ehhh. I have liked New Harlem, Sax Fifth Ave. for Men, and Coney Island the most. This is one, Cooper Square, New York Oud, and Wall Street were not so hot for me.

Please share with us on how feel about the other samples, when you get a chance. Theres so many Bond's that I havent sampled, so that would be helpful. Coney Island is my favorite and I dont like Wall Street.

Regarding New York Patchouli, I'm interested in buying this. At first I was undecided, but after a I sprayed a shirt with it, I completely understood its allure. I don't really notice any citrus, however.