Code of Conduct

Default 24 Gold - Amazing - King of gourmands!

I got 24 Gold today and what an amazing scent, shame we don't see much talk about it here on Basenotes.

The perfume has monster longevity and powerful projection and silage, all just the way I like (amplified). I am supposedly the biggest complainer about silage and longevity and have discarded some great smells for that reason.

The scent is pretty much linear start to finish** (it never finishes lol). Yummy Chocolate vanilla with a hint of some fruit in the background, this is very nice. It has a very dark/heavy feel to it and if I were to pick something this reminds me of, I would say Rochas Man.

Best thing about the smell is, given it's price tag, it doesn't smell cheap, it smells as niche as a $300 bottle would do. Although I admit, the bottle has a tacky feel to it, but the juice inside deserves a lot of appreciation.

The oud is in the middle notes and is very faint and short lived, so not really an oud fragrance but man a very nice addition to my collection. Something I can rely upon and won't let me down.
    Last edited by bgoc; 3rd April 2013 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Spell error

Default Re: 24 Gold - Amazing - King of gourmands!

Gotta agree with you!

I bought this for like $27 on eBay and was absolutely blown away how well it's made and how damn good it smells.

I wear this over Frapin 1270 and Pure Malt each time I want a boozy scent to wear.

Scent Story deserves much recognition for this masterpiece!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Gotta agree with you!

I bought this for like $27 on eBay and was absolutely blown away how well it's made and how damn good it smells.

I wear this over Frapin 1270 and Pure Malt each time I want a boozy scent to wear.

Scent Story deserves much recognition for this masterpiece!!
    I paid $45 including extra 24 ml pocket spray, shipped from the US. But then I live in Britain and nothing is cheap here, thanks to 20% VAT

Amazing rasberry danish fragrance I was glad to find a large spray cheap on eBay awhile back.

Yeah, this is a great frag IMO. One of those sleeper frags that are under the radar on basenotes. I agree with this being a frag that you would think cost a lot more than it is. This stuff clearly last for 14 + hours. Perfect winter and fall scent. Enjoy bro.
    Last edited by sjg3839; 3rd April 2013 at 01:03 AM.

Love this scent. Agree with everything you said, except the part about it being similar to Rochas Man. The quality to price ratio on this one is simply unbeatable.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 3rd April 2013 at 03:42 AM.

I wasn't quite as enthusiastic about it. Can see though why people like it.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't quite as enthusiastic about it. Can see though why people like it.

Didn't care for it either.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I adored it. The original. Soooooooooooo chic.

Great amber based fragrance. Wouldn't call it the king of gourmands, but it's right up there with the Thierry Mugler line. As a side note, I was hoping the other fragrances in this line would be just as good, but I was less than impressed with Platinum and Go Dark.

It's nice, but being that I am not a big amber fan, the dry down is just not for me. Opening is gorgeous though. Very similar to Ambre Narg.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

One of my top 10 now if worn underneath the shirt and away from my neck... else i get a bad headache with this one... must be the synthetic chemical in this juice that is inducing my headache?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

It's a beast of s fragrance. Two sprays under my shirt and I am done for 24 hours.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    One of my top 10 now if worn underneath the shirt and away from my neck... else i get a bad headache with this one... must be the synthetic chemical in this juice that is inducing my headache?
    I have noticed, that we have similar liking for scents. Looking at your top 10, I love Ambre Sultan, 24 Gold, Epic Man, Chergui and your recent board comments, however I won't place 24 Gold in top 10.

I have the Gold and I like it, I'm wondering about Go Dark. Looks like it might be not bad, but I see nobody talking about it so I kinda wonder. Has anyone tried it?

Tried it too and was impressed, an unexpectedly good gourmand.

You can get this in the perfume shops for 20 quid. im going to buy another bottle or 2 i think.

I wear this more than pure malt when im clubbing. 8 Sprays!!!!!!!!!

I love this when i was reading the reviews i was ok, it must be nice. But not that nice, very unexpected and if you can get a cheap bottle, ask for a 2nd.

For all those brits, i got mine from the salford branch last year, if you want me to get a bottle and you pay everything, A small decant wouldn't go a miss for my troubles At the time it was priced at £20 and the 50 ml of 24 was £10...

Quote Originally Posted by NenMaster View Post
    I wear this more than pure malt when im clubbing. 8 Sprays!!!!!!!!!
    LOL - WOW, 2 sprays might scare a chic away, with 8, the whole clubbing floor will b yours...

A trail is what i want.

I got my friend to get Pure Havane. He wore that and i wore 24 gold. I could smell him more than my self.

Maybe i got over loaded

Im a 6 spray black orchid dude as well

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    It's nice, but being that I am not a big amber fan, the dry down is just not for me. Opening is gorgeous though. Very similar to Ambre Narg.
    Same. Whilst the top notes are pretty, fun and youthful in a woman's/unisex frag kind of way (which, frankly, I felt is a bit grotesque on myself after I wore it a few times. Pure Malt is as far as I will go in that direction), the dry down just didn't do it for me. Guess I'm not an amber guy either.

For me this was one like Lolita Lempicka (original) and Diesel Fuel for Life...delicious at first, people react positively to it, but just not really for me.

Sounds great but who carries this?

It's great when a fragrance has a favorable quality to price ratio, as many seem to believe this one has. So though I'm happy for the 24 Gold fans, I have to admit that I was not impressed by this one. It was nice, I guess, but I didn't love it. I gave my sample to a friend of mine that is getting into fragrances. He felt the same as I did. I remember it smelling a lot like the Surrati Golden Sand oil.

naw nothing like golden sand. Golden sand is more comparable to Mancera Black oudh intense.

Wear the oil and go to the gym, MY GOD does it project after when your hot.

I found it to be medicinal on my skin. I can somewhat see why people like this but I found it a tad too synthetic for my taste when it comes to gourmands.

Do not open a new thread .... if there is a medical smell this perfume?

24 Gold is a superb fragrance. Absolutely stellar.

Did not think much of it,gave it away.

Has anyone tried the 24 gold oud edition ?IMG_2587-500x500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyv View Post
    Has anyone tried the 24 gold oud edition ?IMG_2587-500x500.jpg
    I just got mine, this is funny it lasted very long, projection not loud with 1 spray but longevity is A+(10 over hrs!) Smell like a tasty sweet raspberry brownie. I will see what's the review on the oud version cause I find the original just nice combination.