Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: If you had to be a one-cologne guy, which one? In other words;what is your most versatile fragra

Chanel EdC for me. I have dozens of fragrances that are versatile, but it's not the point. I would pick something that is never tiring or too much. I really can't see getting sick of this.

Default Re: If you had to be a one-cologne guy, which one? In other words;what is your most versatile fragra

Hmm I would agree that something with a fougere type structure might be most conventionally versatile, so from what I have, maybe Platinum Egoiste? Also I never find my Bulgari Pour Homme inappropriate. Having said that, the frag that is most likely my favorite, I still feel I could wear wherever I like and that would be Nicolai Pour Homme.

Patou Pour Homme.
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

Bois du Portugal
    For swap/sale: MDCI Cuir Garamante, Vintage MPG Santal Noble, vintage Tiffany for Men, Floris Mahon Leather, Creed Spice & Wood, Roja Dove Amber Aoud Crystal, 1 Million Intense, Montale Cuir D'Arabie, Bentley Intense, Prada Amber PH Intense, Prada Amber PH metal travel spray, Loewe PH, vint. YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Obsession, others.
    http://tinyurl.com/mxzztm9 (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodanny View Post
    Guerlain Héritage
    ...this [EDT/EDP]...!
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

The Sultan Of Swing

Égoïste! To hell with versatility, I love the stuff and will never be without it.
    Down The Telegraph Road...
    Currently wearing: Guerlain Homme by Guerlain

From my own collection, I'd choose Franck Olivier's Sun Java due to it's versatility in weather and the overall tameness of the actual scent. It has the subtle sweetness of watermelon and vanilla, fresh notes of several citruses and a nice mintiness, and just slightly woodsy. Longevity is good enough to last a work day, yet its projection is a good balance between office scent and night on the town.

From others I have tried, YSL's L'Homme suits all these needs quite nicely and is such a lovely fragrance that has garnered many a compliment from my sampling wearings. It's very high on my list of scents to purchase in the upcoming months. I'll also agree that GIT has fantastic versatility, and can hold its own against many other fragrances. To me, though, it's far too safe a fragrance, and for that I wouldn't wear it as my one and only. Another Creed that would suit my needs as a sole fragrance is Original Vetiver. There's something about the fruitiness of it combined with one of the cleanest vetivers I've had the pleasure of smelling that has had me going since I first tried it on. I've found that it also goes quite well with my skin, and the mild Florida winters make it worthy of year-round wear in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it (stick with just one), but if I had to, then I'd probably go with Givenchy Gentleman.

Givenchy Xeryus Rouge, my ever timeless nostalgic scent...

I'm down with GIT, yeah you know me

My signature, my love, my most complimented scent, and only one that I can trully call Me In The Bottle - Gucci Pour Homme II
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Millesime Imperial
    3. Lalique Encre Noire

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Dior Homme
    3. Eau Des Baux
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Dior Homme Intense, absolutely no hesitation whatsoever. It's the most etherial, gorgeous scent I've ever smelled, male or female.

Basenotes Member

It'd have to be GIT for me. I try to reserve it for special occasions and always makes me feel great.

As already mentioned by me on a few more or less similar threads: Armani Eau pour Homme.

Another vote for vintage Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    ...this [EDT/EDP]...!
    another vote for heritage here....

I find GIT the most versatile, wear-anywhere-on-any-occasion cologne ever made.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Voyage D'Hermes. Great in both hot and cold weather, and works well for both casual and formal settings!

Eau Sauvage.
    by the time you can afford good speakers, you can't hear the difference

Creed Himalaya

For me, Terre d'Hermes.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

Believe it or not, Curve. Curve is what I used to wear before starting on my fragrance journey. I owned a 6.7 oz bottle and wore it every day for years. Curve is one of the most underrated and misunderstood scents ever, partly due to Claiborne targeting teens with it, which makes no sense. Teens aren't looking for mossy scents! Curve isn't one of my favorites, but it gets me more compliments than anything else I own, including Aventus, GphII, Eau des Baux, LDDM, etc. And it's extremely versatile.

My 2nd choice would probably be Gucci Pour Homme II, or perhaps Tom Ford For Men.
    Sent from my brain using mental telepathy, except for the parts where my fingers typed on keys.

If I had to be a one cologne guy I would choose Comme des Garcons 2 Man. However, my most versatile fragrance IMO is the underrated Burberry for Men in which I feel is very inoffensive, versatile and could be easily worn throughout the year.

I would have to say Aventus. Very versatile - maybe not the most versatile I have (Himalaya, Chez Bond, Spice & Wood, and a few others may be a little more so), but if I could have only one... I would have to choose Aventus.