Code of Conduct

Default How do you display your antique perfume bottle collection?

How do you display your antique perfume bottle collection?

Default Re: How do you display your antique perfume bottle collection?

I keep my vintage fragrances mixed in with the rest of my fragrance. I have a dresser specifically for my fragrances. It's not as good as a Cooler but it works.
    Top ten

1. Patou Pour Homme
    2. Patou Pour Homme Prive
    3. Portrait of a lady
    4. Jubilation XXV
    5. Cashmere Oud
    6. Tribute Attar
    7. Ambre 114
    8. Clive Christian No. 1
    9. Jardin d Amalfi
    10. Eau de Patou Pour Homme

Blog Entries

You might like to see my collection. The display case is in here somewhere. http://www.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232497

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few or no vintage and/or collectible bottles in my case. But if I had bottles of this kind, I'd most likely display them in an antique piece of furniture: glass cabinet or dressing table or console.

TIM_4549.jpg

I don`t have a visually adorable collection - but some nice "youngtimers". I store them in my late grandma`s apartment under the roof in the fridge she owned and together with some vintage soaps and other grooming stuff. Not too cold - 10 degrees celsius constantly. I don`t show them often. If friends are on a visit, they sometimes ask if there`s something new "up there in your fridge" or just say "let`s go upstairs" - and they love to sniff around. So we`ve been sitting on the floor in front of the fridge, sniffing & drinking & listening music.
    If I`d ever have such beauties like kumquat`s - I`d love to get a nice vintage burlwood cabinet, plain and simple, not too big, with small glass-windows :-)

(I`ve posted this pic already in Huddler-days so maybe it might be boring for some ...)
    Se son fiori fioriranno ...

I never display any of my vintages (of the very few i own) - i store them in a closed box inside my closet - totally away from light (& heat).

For the very few I have and as they are the most admired due to my Father owning them they are all stored in the darkness of my Wardrobe. I am hopeful because they are the vintage editions and getting scare each and every day that being in a cool, dark environment that their own vitality will remain in intact for a longer period of time. Most of my daily offerings are strategically placed on top of a high boy away from prying hands of my grandson whom would spray them to nothingness in no time flat.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the shout-out, Eule. I also thought I'd mention, I just spread my collection throughout my house. I have a mix of modern and antique furniture in a 1950's house. I like to collect all kinds of chachques. I don't see why you can't have antique perfumes on tables and in china cabinets along with other Knick-nacks. I never leave any that have actual perfume sitting out, though, unless it's perfume that I know is spoiled and I'll never wear it, so it's just for display.

Yeah, kumquat, yours is a very nice & sensual approach. Walking around in a house like you`re mentioning where you meet an old FabergÚ here, there a Caron, elsewhere a L'Origan or some of those stunning czechoslovakian or chinese bottles certainly is highly entertaining, cozy and communicative. My "technical" approach is because of the fridge-stuff is certainly to 1/2 unopened, never sprayed, often originally sealed in sealed box backups of my vintage-fragrances (years & years of sniffin`sit-ins ;-).
    By the way - I own a mysterious 1930ies (maybe older - but also maybe 40ies) that my grandma left me, nearly full. It`s called "Parfum Juchten de Melquiades di Castý". I`d love to PM you some pictures later this week.
    Grandma (born 1921/died 1998) who actually came from czechoslovakia wore good stuff in her younger days and left me (besides my own gusto for a nice scent) some unopened Vivaras, a sealed En Avion 25ml urn extrait, an untouched Poison Esprit de Parfum, an old Bandit, a "4 perfumes de Schiaparelli" and some Opium Extraits (the latter 3 positions all stained & nearly empty, but you get the feel ... :-)
    Se son fiori fioriranno ...

Blog Entries

Eule, why don't you start a thread with pictures of your bottles? Or you can post them here. We'd like to see them.