Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allure Homme Sport (2004)

19 70.37%
  • Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme (2012)

8 29.63%
    Basenotes Member

Default Allure Homme Sport vs Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme

Looked for a poll on this this but didn't find one. With spring and summer around the corder I want to get everyone's opinion!

Please comment on your vote. I haven't worn EE enough yet, but from when I've sampled it I am fairly certain I get better longevity than the original AHS. I also think that while it is still a safe scent, it is more unique than AHS.

Default Re: Allure Homme Sport vs Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme

I own both and like both, but prefer the newer one.

AHS has garbage longevity for me. Literary its only use is refreshment after or during sports. Like 3-4 hours max.

The Extreme version is tonka heavy, more of an actual fragrance. Lasts longer. That'd be my recommendation.

Btw Bleu de Chanel is much better than both and on my skin lasts much longer than both. 12 hours and more if really hot, plus best drydown on a citrus frag.

Basenotes Member

I also get poor longevity with AHS, which is why I'm thinking of swapping/selling it for the EE flanker. I'm also a fan of tonka and cypress but those don't seem like summer/spring notes to me.

I've tested Bleu extensively and while I find it quite enjoyable, but after a while it got to be a bit much for my nose. It has a certain sharpness that is not in the Allure's which I thought made it come off to strong. The first two sample vials I loved the stuff though, maybe I'll have to give it another go...

I agree with the two above. I have tried both and really like the newer Eau Extreme better...greater longevity and unique. Chanel Bleu is awesome as well...I get that people call this a safe scent and nothing new, but the smell is great and the sillage and longevity is good as I get at least 10 hours, and when I spray my shirt...it still smells nice in the morning.

Sound Scents

Other: None of the above...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Neither

Love AHS. Detest EE.

What he said. I enjoy the heavy tonka of EE. I prefer Bleu to both of these.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    AHS has garbage longevity for me. Literary its only use is refreshment after or during sports. Like 3-4 hours max.

The Extreme version is tonka heavy, more of an actual fragrance. Lasts longer. That'd be my recommendation.

Btw Bleu de Chanel is much better than both and on my skin lasts much longer than both. 12 hours and more if really hot, plus best drydown on a citrus frag.

The original AHS, though Edition Blanche is the best in the line.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Blog Entries

I find AHS and AHS Eau Extreme totally different. The former is sharper, and the latter is balmy/sweeter. Eau Extreme has a lasting power, with very good projection on my skin, and the scent is better than the original AHS in my opinion.

IMHO, the newest one sucks. One of the worst, along with One Million, that I tried last year. Dreadful on my skin and everyone in my party the day I tried it agreed. Now on your skin, who knows?

Bleu and Allure Homme Sport are great for me, BTW.

I like Cologne Sport the best (in the clear 5 oz bottle), followed by AHS. Cologne Sport has very good longevity, helped by its peppery base notes.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

[QUOTE=del;2912274]I find AHS and AHS Eau Extreme totally different. The former is sharper, and the latter is balmy/sweeter. Eau Extreme has a lasting power, with very good projection on my skin, and the scent is better than the original AHS in my opinion.

I agree with del; I find these two fragrances totally different. I like them both but I think I prefer the Extreme version. I also get better sillage and longevity out of Extreme.
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme
    Serge Lutens Cuir mauresque
    Carbone de Balmain
    L'Essence de Cerruti
    Zino Davidoff
    Essenza de Zegna
    Mugler Cologne
    Kouros Tattoo
    Insense' Givenchy
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme

Wasn't a fan of Homme Sport but thought I'd enjoy Eau Extreme. Got it but soon realized it was anything special. Have mine up for sale at the moment.

AHSEE for me. It works really well on my skin & my wife really likes the freshness, tonka & light musk drydown on me. I find it extremely versatile & for me, has just the right amount of projection with excellent longevity. I find myself reaching for it quite often because of this. AHS wasn't bad to me, but just didn't quite "do it" for me like AHSEE does.