Code of Conduct

Default Tea for Two: Yet another lie from Fragrancenet

As perhaps some of you saw, on Monday I posted along with a few others that we ordered bottles of Tea for Two for amazing prices (around $50 for 100mL). Now, I was skeptical but hopeful, even though change1 had some issues along with a few others with Amouage bottles from them.

Today, I received an email saying my Paypal account has been refunded what I have paid for it, and I got an email from Fragrancenet saying it was out of stock. Okay, if you list 7 bottles available on your site, and then when my order is complete it goes down to six, I expect to get my fragrance. How can you be "out of stock" of something you not only list on your site, but give a quantity available for?

I guess I'll never really get the chance to own Tea for Two since I'm not willing to spend a lot on something I've never smelled, so that sucks. Just thought people would be interested to know since the Amouage thread got pretty big and there were 11 replies to the thread talking about this.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Default Re: Tea for Two: Yet another lie from Fragrancenet

That DOES ROT. It confirms my resolve to stay away from that particular web retailer. A few weeks ago I had googled Fragrance.net Complaints and those results made me stop any consideration for a purchase. But at least you got your money back. That's the most important part. I'm still waiting for a gargantuan paypal refund from another source. Looks like I'll have to file a case.

Wtf is going on over there? How are they mispricing so many items, and then lying to customers about their mistake? I've never purchased from them, and don't plan to anytime soon.

Blog Entries

Aw man, that sucks. $50 is a great deal. I paid $165 (that's total with shipping) from Perfume Paradise. It looks like they're out, but they have samples that you could order and smell. http://www.perfumeparadise.ca/her/te...-04-18-41.html
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Banned

I dont know if its an honest mistake or they are doing it for a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know if its an honest mistake or they are doing it for a reason.

I know how much it sucks to have this happen, especially with such an incredible deal. I can tell you it's rather easy to mess up prices when you're running a website with hundreds of items. It would have been as simple as a csv upload file issue, human error in inputting the price, anything really. I would ask if they could at the very least issue you a discount on your next order.

As you said, your expectations were lowered after the issues recently reported, but kudos on handling this well. I wonder how many other people had the same experience.

The only site about which I hear negative feedback these days seems to be FNet. From all reports (slightly-used bottles, poor stock management, poor contact with customers etc) their business practices leave a LOT to be desired.

I've only just stepped out of the realm of my trusted sites StrawberryNet and FragranceX, and placed an order with Parfum1 (who can resist 20% off niche frags like ELdO?)
    From all indication they seem to be very good - they even sent me an email when there was going to be a minor delay (we're talking only a few days) in shipping my order due to a wait in getting more Slumberhouse stock. That communication arguably wasn't necessary, but certainly welcome and terrific business practice.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I know how much it sucks to have this happen, especially with such an incredible deal. I can tell you it's rather easy to mess up prices when you're running a website with hundreds of items. It would have been as simple as a csv upload file issue, human error in inputting the price, anything really. I would ask if they could at the very least issue you a discount on your next order.
    It's funny you mention that. They offered me a 15% off coupon, which is 5% less than the code I found online for free and used on the order. Just seems like a serious cop-out so they can say they did offer me something.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Did you receive the email after the Order in Warehouse email? I ordered one as well and I just got an email yesterday saying that is in Warehouse.

not sure if it a lie or a human mistake,

however, just recently receive the 2 bottles of the unboxed Amouage (Gold & J25) for $55 each from them (delivered to Oz), and they are legit bottles, so no BS there
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

So, I see we have some unhappy campers here.

Quote Originally Posted by b3t0_1972 View Post
    Did you receive the email after the Order in Warehouse email? I ordered one as well and I just got an email yesterday saying that is in Warehouse.
    I got this email after the "order is in the warehouse" email. So, I got the first email saying the order existed, another one saying it was in the warehouse, and then a third saying I was refunded. Best of luck to you, but I'd be concerned. Not sure if I'd be more upset if others actually get theirs.

I didn't receive any refund as today's afternoon here in the west coast, it'll suck if they refund me as well because I bought another extra item so if they want to ship just the other item I will ask for the full refund not just for one thing.

Just sounds like another terrible oversight by Fragrancenet.

They need to adopt an inventory control mechanism.

This is not acceptable.

for swap/sale:

CologneFan85

They have the Slowest shipping! On the other hand they have some cheap discounts.

My 100ml bottle got refunded too! I certainly thought it was a possibility so I'm not that pissed, but I don't think I will be visiting that site for a while...
    Last edited by PapaL; 4th April 2013 at 04:54 AM.

If you ordered through ebay please leave them the appropriate feedback. This happens all too often with them.

I got refunded today, after holding my order for three days. I cancelled the other item as well. Screw fragrancenet.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post

I've only just stepped out of the realm of my trusted sites StrawberryNet and FragranceX, and placed an order with Parfum1 (who can resist 20% off niche frags like ELdO?)
    From all indication they seem to be very good - they even sent me an email when there was going to be a minor delay (we're talking only a few days) in shipping my order due to a wait in getting more Slumberhouse stock. That communication arguably wasn't necessary, but certainly welcome and terrific business practice.
    I can vouch for Parfum1. They are top notch. I think you will be pleased.
    The only two discount sites I order from are Parfum1 and Scentiments.

From the sounds of things, maybe everyone should boycott Fragrancenet.
    Hit the bastards where it counts!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Hate. Fragrancenet.
    Ordered from them just twice and each time it was an ordeal. They inundated me with emails AFTER my order was processed and my credit card charged saying that they were "locating" my fragrance and then had "confirmed with the warehouse" that it was available. Excuse me, but shouldn't you locate and confirm with your warehouse what your stock status is BEFORE you offer goods to your clients, let alone before you take their money?????

Didn't like that practice, and I also did not like the dog-eared appearance of some of the stuff I received. The best of the discounters will say up-front that the box is damaged or other relevant details. Effing-Net does not.

This is nothing new with them. IMO FN has some good values but you have to know your retailers and have to have realistic expextations. My expectations from Luckyscent are different from FN but both sites have their merits.

I would only order products from FN that aren't hard to find BUT are priced low.
    I had the same experience as you with MPG's from them and I learned my lesson years ago.

I don't see why you need to keep trying with them for luxury items. With each on line order gauge your risk. Countless times we've also read about their damaged goods and bad storage practices too.

I just went on Fragrancenet this morning..they send me about a thousand emails, this time one for 20% off. I was just researching prices for Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, checked out Fragrancnet's website with the 20% coupon...with that applied it happened to be roughly $15 more than they were charging through eBay. I understand everyone's frustration with this place.

just chiming in to say they refunded my 50 ml just now as well...unbelievable that they registered both sizes as available and both were refunded. I would have hoped after complaints through different online sites that something would have been done by now to rectify this issue =/
    ~Current Favorites
    2Man|Sequoia|GIT|Egoiste|Encre Noire|Philosykos

They use to be pretty good years ago. Like ajmc stated, it might be time to boycott them for a while until they get their s#i+ together.

So I just called them and spoke with a customer service person, and they said that the site doesn't update immediately, so someone could have bought the other 7 bottles before the people who go and pay for it, so I guess that makes a little sense. Still, they really should optomize the site to keep track of how many things are being ordered so they can avoid this in the future. I now have to wait for Paypal to give me my money back, so I am essentially out $50 until further notice.

Also worth noting that I requested they get it back in stock, and she seemed to think it was at least a possibility since buyers go and look for stuff they add to a list.

Let's hope they get it soon. To anyone who actually gets their Tea for Two, enjoy it. I know I can't.

If they do get it back in stock, don't expect it to be priced the same. Im guessing it will be $99-120 like the other L'artisans on the site. Same thing happened with change1's Amouages, refunded him saying they were out of stock, then the next day the item came back in stock at 4x the price. Why not just admit the pricing error? I can accept that, but I don't enjoy being lied to.

So glad I've never had a problem with fragrancenet besides them charging $85 for a 3.4 oz bottle of Gucci PH2 when I can get it at Sephora for $73 and their prices in their eBay store being A LOT lower than their website for certain fragrances.

I have ordered from them twice. First order was fine. Still waiting for the second order. Here are my observations so far:

1. Slooooooooow shipping. In each case, the tracking link indicated everything would be delivered on day 1, and on each ocassion, on day 1, after nothing arrived, the tracking link was revised and delivery was extended another week or more. In both cases, delivery took/will take about 3.5 weeks in total. Pretty brutal.

2. Great prices generally. Easily a third less than locally available product, when available locally.

3. Reasonable access to products not available locally. Okay, very little niche stuff, but for a guy starting out, not too bad.

4. Products were delivered full, in sealed boxes, in a well packed box. No issues whatsoever. Quite impressive actually.

5. Outrageous tracking cookies. Constant emails from them after almost every time I visit their site. If I go and look at Fragrances A, B and C, I get bombarded with emails immediately after advising I can get Fragrances A, B and C at 20% off but for a limited time only, blah blah blah. Ridiculous, frustrating, an insult to my intelligence and totally counter to building any kind of long term relationship with customers.

Overall an exciting and fun experience for me though.

Parfum1 is awesome, I get email responses from them the same day and they are very helpful and speedy about order shipments. Merchandise is always in perfect condition. Fragrancenet can be okay, but very slow shipping and dodgy supply (many things are out of stock all the time and as we have seen, stock availability is not updated real-time).

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    I can vouch for Parfum1. They are top notch. I think you will be pleased.
    The only two discount sites I order from are Parfum1 and Scentiments.

From the sounds of things, maybe everyone should boycott Fragrancenet.
    Hit the bastards where it counts!
    Yup, Parfum1 rocks. Great customer service, shipping, and surprise samples.

Screw fragrancenet and their non stop spam and crappy shipping and their exceptional because you are samples.

Just got the tracking update saying my Perfume1 order has cleared Customs here in Oz, and it's on board with the driver here in Canberra.
    Even though the international shipping was $75, this is some quick courier work!!!!
    We're talking NY to Canberra in 3 days. Can't wait to get this package.

Had no problems with them when I used to order from them. Have not used them since they stopped shipping to Denmark for a while though. And yes, those Exceptional samples get on your nerves Binned them instantly
    - Mark

ÉGOÏSTE! ÉGOÏSTE! ÉGOÏSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Their system can be a little slow to update inventory. They are not trying to scam anyone. They probably got a small quantity of tft and everyone tried to jump on it.

If you want the item, then go buy it at full retail.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Their system can be a little slow to update inventory. They are not trying to scam anyone. They probably got a small quantity of tft and everyone tried to jump on it.

I never said they were trying to scam anyone, since they refunded my money immediately. Also, while they had a small quantity (the person I spoke to said so), there is no excuse to not have a site that keeps track of your stock and doesn't allow people to get their hopes up and order something that doesn't exist. Would you put up with this if you were ordering a nice jacket online? Or a car? Or a brand new game or something? I wouldn't, since I'd expect it to be available if it is listed as such.

Oh, and you can go ahead and buy things like that at full retail, I'll be a smart shopper and go for deals. I don't exactly have $200 lying around to spend on a discontinued fragrance.

They suck. I'e been waiting for my bottle of Aventus now for almost two weeks, and I'm in the same state as them! I was going to jump in on Tea For Two when I saw your post, but just couldn't believe it was real. And I'm some of the God Damn, Exceptional Samples. That fragrance sucks, keep them from now on. I've placed my last order from them and am down with the boycott.

Max.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post

This. It seems like they get a few bottles of something and can't keep up with the demand when everyone finds out about it. About four months ago I was shocked to find a bottle of TF Velvet Gardenia on FN, bought it, and the next day it was listed as unavailable. Turned out the label on the bottle had a bubble under it, which is why I guess it went to FN. They probably only had the one bottle.

I stopped buying from them otherwise because since they started adding VAT it's no longer worth it to buy from the UK.

So I doubt they're "lying," just that they have a crap system.