Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Essenza-nobile.de problems

I can't believe I finally registered here just to bash a fishy online store but I guess everyone should learn from my mistake.
    When you make an order there and pay, a delivery time is shown as 3-4 days. In reality, my order was made at the 4th of March and I haven't received it yet, after 1 month has passed. Who knows how long should I wait?
    en.jpg

Their support is ignoring my emails as well, nothing was done by their side regarding that problem and in the end, they've just stopped answering it at all. At least I haven't got any reply for 2 business days already.

enmail.jpg

So, be noticed that these promised 3-4 days are nothing but a fraud and prepare for ruined holidays, birthday presents etc. while ordering there IF you are going to order despite my warning.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 4th April 2013 at 01:44 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Essenza-nobile.de is a scam.

Can't comment on this particular case, but they generally have an excellent reputation. The concensus here certainly seems to indicate overwhelming positivity.

http://www.basenotes.net/thr.net/threads/254097-http-shop-essenza-nobile-de

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/265...sample-service

I've ordered from them a few times without issue - there is certainly no scam.
    Maybe the problem is with the postal services.

Hope they don't mind this quote from their site being posted - have you contacted the Manageress?
    And what does your tracking info. give you?

ž7 Final Provisions

1.The headquarters of the company are in Germany. German law applies to the exclusion of the UN Sales Convention. The place of jurisdiction is Hamburg.
    2.Any complaints can be made to following address:
    Essenza Nobile GmbH
    Managerress: Elke Popp
    Hebelstr. 13, D-68161 Mannheim, Germany

3.If some parts of the contract with the customer including the general terms and conditions should be or will be all or partly invalid, the validity of the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected. end quote.

Agree with Jon & UPS are probably a bit stretched right now.

JON RODGERS,
    The "scam"/"fraud" is related more to their statement on the website about delivery time (3-4 days) when it's more than 1 month actually and their staff is informed about it. I am yet to receive my parcel so obviously I can't comment on what's inside, so I've mentioned it.
    The ignorance of their staff is also worth notifying: and yes, actually due to their reputation on this forum I've decided to order there and was utterly disappointed, so I've decided to share my negative experience. I am looong time lurker but first time poster.

Ipp, of course, I've called them and e-mailed them. All they've told me they've "started an investigation with DHL" after 2 weeks have passed, that was when tracking stopped from Germany to Russia (check the screenshot of tracking in my post please) and replied they are informed about 1 months delivery. When I've asked what about these 3-4 days at their website, they have stopped replying at all. Check the second screenshot, I've been waiting for their reply for 2 days already.
    Last edited by coaxial; 4th April 2013 at 08:47 AM.

Sorry, can't read the screenshots.
    Maybe it's stuck in Customs? - happens a lot here.
    Last edited by lpp; 4th April 2013 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    So what does your tracking info tell you?
    It tells me that at 27th of March there was an unsuccessful delivery attempt. Though no one visited the house, no one called the number I've provided in my account info and no absence note was left at my house. These things/problems are related more to a post service than to a online store I guess, but when I've called our post they've told me sender hasn't included the phone number to call in delivery info.
    There is a chance the shipping address provided by sender is wrong as well but I really hope that's not the case.

In UK, we have a quaint system where the tracking tells us 'Delivery attempted' once the item has cleared Customs (they send a letter out requesting duty at this stage), but I don't think this applies here with UPS as they collect it themselves here as far as I know - & don't know how your system works either.

Or did it go DHL?

It's normally up to the sender to chase the shipper, but possible to do that yourself in extreme circumstances.

Personally, I'd ring the 'phone no. on the website & insist on speaking to the boss - people are usually keen to sort out problems.

Not sure about international Public Holidays either - they play havoc with the post here.

If you paid by Paypal, or credit card, (if all else fails after contacting the Manageress) you may find help there.

Sorry you have a problem, hope they sort it soon.

Yes, thank you for your advices, I am trying to do my best here haha. Anyway, I've ordered it as birthday present, needless to say it's too late anyway so it really doesn't matter will it be today or next week.. It was DHL transformed to EMS in my country.
    The main problem is these 3-4 days compared to actual maybe 3-4 weeks especially because their staff knows it but doesn't inform their customers before they make an order telling it only after their complaints: AND complete ignore when being called on that. That's what I want to tell the other basenotes users so they will be ready for it. And my problem... yeah, I will solve it somehow. Thank you again!

Good luck

(EMS might be stuck in Customs).

Yeah, probably. If I knew that beforehand I'd acted rather different and used another website OR ordered it in advance. It's just I was so happy seeing their promised delivery time.. ah well.

These days delivery is an achievement imo., here anyway.

Default Re: Essenza-nobile.de problems

Dear Coaxial,

thank you for letting me know about this issue. I am employee for Essenza Nobile and it will be a pleasure to help you out.
    We are not a scamming company, in fact we never took a single cent for goods that did not arrive at customer hands. Delivery issues are reality - this is true and sad, we'd love to be aware of this but it is out of our control area. We have the goods and we ship them with the data the customer give us. If there are any problems we look into it and try our best to assist. Customs are also a fact that we can't control and often the only way to solve it is to start an investigation case with DHL.

As we speak here I am in vacation and just noticed your thread while privately surfing here at basenotes. I don't know why you did not get an answer, but it is very unsusual. As per our guarantee we do every human possible to answer within 24 hours weekdays (to ensure customer satisfaction AND to avoid threads like this ). I will personally take care for your problems and am in the company again at Monday. Would you mind to send me your order number as Private Message here, so I can identify your ticket and solve it. Thank you for your understanding.

As a conclusion I want to say delivery this days is a pretty hard task and it wont get easier within the future for shipments that cant be delivered by ground shipping. We are taking action and searching for solutions but it is not easy to find alternatives.

So please let me assist you with your problems personally - if you allow on Monday.
    Employee @ Essenza Nobile
    Fan us @ Facebook
    Current love: Russian Tea by Masque Fragranze

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsation View Post
    Delivery issues are reality - this is true and sad, we'd love to be aware of this but it is out of our control area.
    That's your main problem: you don't inform customers about it beforehand despite you know about it. The delivery time is clearly stated on your website while making an order: and it's 3-4 days. Your support has answered me at last after 2 days and they said, let me quote: "What is said on our homepage means that we give your package out of our house in 3 to 4 days after having received your order". This is called DISPATCH time, not delivery time, that is the main source for confusion for your clients (especially for those who, like me, didn't know that perfumes aren't delivered by express couriers like UPS or DHL EXPRESS). This is what I am concerned and mad about: showing your customers the delivery time of 3-4 days instead of 1 month it actually is.

At the moment there is no way you can help me except bashing the DHL service for utterly failing the delivery terms (because even their terms state 2 weeks or something like that) and getting your compensation for that, because only you can get it instead of me, who suffers from it the most lol.

If I only knew about that 1 month delivery beforehand I'd made another order and in another time. Now I don't actually need this parcel but oh well, since I don't want to bother with refunds I will receive it anyway (if I _will_ receive it since I haven't done it yet. But these problems are ems-related, you can't help).
    Thanks for your concern and reply anyway.

Wow, to think I was considering ordering MR from them in a week or so. This is making me think otherwise. While the $190 price is much less than $250 here in the states, I'd almost pay that much to have my package actually arrive quickly and without an issue. I don't want to wait a month and have nothing to show for all that extra time. I know it is out of their hands, but they should really offer you something for your troubles. I know restaurants do that all the time, and oftentimes those orders are in the $100 range. I'll probably buy from Aedes or someone in the states.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

To the OP, I am wishing you to receive your fragrances safe, soon. To be honest Essenza Nobile is the best site I've ever bought from. Ordered from them several times and the shipping was super fast. Received many free niche samples with the bottles I bought. I will always be buying from them.

P.S. Sj÷rn, I've received my package some days ago, everything perfect. Thanks!

Yousuf
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Wow, to think I was considering ordering MR from them in a week or so. This is making me think otherwise. While the $190 price is much less than $250 here in the states, I'd almost pay that much to have my package actually arrive quickly and without an issue. I don't want to wait a month and have nothing to show for all that extra time. I know it is out of their hands, but they should really offer you something for your troubles. I know restaurants do that all the time, and oftentimes those orders are in the $100 range. I'll probably buy from Aedes or someone in the states.
    I guess the delivery issues are related more to country than to shipper: I don't know anything about DHL in USA unfortunately. I don't have anything against 1 month of delivery in particular, I just want to be informed of it beforehand, so I will be able to plan accordingly.

yuyu15, thanks. I am envious =)

@Coaxial: You are totally right, regarding the wording - to be honest until now I was not aware of it and I have the fix for this glitch as my first point for monday on my today list once i am at the office again. I understand the frustation this might have caused. Because you named EMS I guess your delivery is to Russia? This are sadly often delayed. Before my vacation it dramatically bettered, but seems like not in every case. Will check in on Monday as promised and start an investigation case. (Please let me now your order number, got no PM from you until now)

@OctaVariuM: I am sure our regular US customers can confirm that those shipments most likely going through very smooth. We hardly had problems with your Country. Australia for example seems to be more a hard nut due to their local post "habits". How Coaxial and we are solving this issue in the sake of both parties satisfaction will bespoken on Monday - I have some ideas already...

@Yusuf: Great to read over here! Never guessed that you are an active member. Much more I am happy that you are pleased and everything went smooth! Did you liked the samples?

For now, I will sign off and relax a bit for the rest of my spare time, as it seems for Monday waits a lot of work on me
    Fan us @ Facebook

@Coaxial: You are totally right, regarding the wording - to be honest until now I was not aware of it and I have the fix for this glitch as my first point for monday on my today list once i am at the office again. I understand the frustation this might have caused. Because you named EMS I guess your delivery is to Russia? This are sadly often delayed. Before my vacation it dramatically bettered, but seems like not in every case. Will check in on Monday as promised and start an investigation case. (Please let me now your order number, got no PM from you until now)
    Yes, it's Russia indeed. There is no need to start an investigation case, it was started already about 2 weeks ago and there is no reply. Of course I can tell you the tracking number but the only problem left at that stage of delivery is the courier itself (the man responsible for delivery to door), and I am trying to solve it myself by calling EMS each day. Don't think you will be able to do anything about it.
    Regarding the change of wording - I appreciate it and I will appreciate the warning about delivery time as well.
    UPD: And it looks like it's going to be delivered today. I just hope everything is okay with it, especially since it's Creed and I've heard there are some problems with Creed supplier in Germany.
    Last edited by coaxial; 5th April 2013 at 01:16 PM.

I wonder how this case was resolved? I was considering Essenza Nobile for purchasing, but this thread made me think twice.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...erruti-TheVert

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I wonder how this case was resolved? I was considering Essenza Nobile for purchasing, but this thread made me think twice.
    That was an isolated case to Russia. Have ordered many times and never had a problem with delivery to the States. This is a top notch retailer. Just e-mail "Annette" to make sure that what you want is in fact in stock before placing your order if you choose to order from them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    That was an isolated case to Russia. Have ordered many times and never had a problem with delivery to the States. This is a top notch retailer. Just e-mail "Annette" to make sure that what you want is in fact in stock before placing your order if you choose to order from them.
    email address?
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...erruti-TheVert

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    email address?
    Just use their customer service e-mail on their website and in your post address it attention to Annette.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Dear RedRaider,

you can write us at askus@essenza-nobile.de or you can add Annette on Facebook for direct requests per facebook chat:
    https://www.facebook.com/annette.essenzanobile

This is issue has been fully cleared with the customer. The parcel has been stuck on the customs as far as we remember. The aproximate delivery time to the US is between 1 and 2 weeks normally. We do our best to assist you with custom questions and found best practice cases for shipping to your country which we follow.

Kind regards,

Sj÷rn

P.s.: Thank you Hednic, for jumping in! It makes us proud to have friendly and helpful customers like you - Every retailer can only dream of loyal, kind guys like you.
    Fan us @ Facebook

I also agree with Hednic! Have bough quite a couple of times from Essenza Nobile to be delivered to Singapore and I have had not a single problem with the delivery.

The staff is also very responsive by email!

Thank you for the info!

Thank you Hednic, for jumping in! It makes us proud to have friendly and helpful customers like you - Every retailer can only dream of loyal, kind guys like you.
    And thank you for your very kind words.

Basenotes Plus

Placed an order from Essenza-nobile.de and they're customer service is impeccable. Always very friendly and responsive. Wish more US companies had this kind of work ethic.

Waiting on my package to arrive still, but it hasn't been very long.

Wonderful company!

I've never ordered from them after hearing of various stock issues so it is nice to hear that the current situation is otherwise.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    Placed an order from Essenza-nobile.de and they're customer service is impeccable. Always very friendly and responsive. Wish more US companies had this kind of work ethic.

Wonderful company!
    Just so you know, DHL Paket has been running a little slower than normal, so please do not be concerned if it take a couple of weeks for you to receive.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    I've never ordered from them after hearing of various stock issues so it is nice to hear that the current situation is otherwise.
    lpp, as with FIF and same for Luckyscent, I always find it best to e-mail EN to check stock. If they do have it, they are always good about holding for me until I actually have a chance to go online and order, even several days.

Thanks for the info., PalmBeach!
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post

Wonderful company!
    I have gotten mine in as little as 7 days, but often can take a bit longer.

If my order from essenza-nobile is to be sent to the USA why is it landing in Dubai? according to tracking info from DHL! For those who ordered from the US, is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    If my order from essenza-nobile is to be sent to the USA why is it landing in Dubai? according to tracking info from DHL! For those who ordered from the US, is this normal?
    First time I've heard that happening. I'd keep an eye on it and see where it goes next. I have an order with them at this very moment that is about to leave Germany. I will be tracking my order now very closely to see if my package heads for Dubai.

First time I've heard that happening. I'd keep an eye on it and see where it goes next. I have an order with them at this very moment that is about to leave Germany. I will be tracking my order now very closely to see if my package heads for Dubai.
    yeah and the problem is that DHL thinks that it's the destination country!!!!

Status from Thu, 02.10.2014 The shipment has arrived in the destination country

Next step: The shipment is being transported to the delivery depot

Maybe somehow they mixed USA with UAE or Dubai is the sorting hub for DHL!!! I'll update if I see anything new
    Last edited by hawk; 3rd October 2014 at 01:48 AM.

yeah and the problem is that DHL thinks that it's the destination country!!!!

Status from Thu, 02.10.2014 The shipment has arrived in the destination country

Next step: The shipment is being transported to the delivery depot

Maybe somehow they mixed USA with UAE or Dubai is the sorting hub for DHL!!! I'll update if I see anything new
    I just got notice from the USPS through their tracking system that my order has left Germany and is on its way to the US. My suggestion to you would be to wait a day or so to see what has transpired, and then make a copy of your tracking info from DHL and send it to Essenza to see what they think might be going on. Good luck!

Thanks hednic. I think essenza-nobile just went to the bottom of my list when it comes to shopping sites! This is the 3rd delay to the same order.

Thanks hednic. I think essenza-nobile just went to the bottom of my list when it comes to shopping sites! This is the 3rd delay to the same order.
    I hate to admit it but I may becoming in that camp too.Two of my items were not in stock so starting Monday I'm on week three. They graciously are shipping the ones in stock but this will be at least three weeks for the partial order. I hope they tighten this up in the future and show out of stock in their inventory. You know this is hurting future sales. But with all things being equal I will let others be my guide to trust them for expediency again.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    I hate to admit it but I may becoming in that camp too.Two of my items were not in stock so starting Monday I'm on week three. They graciously are shipping the ones in stock but this will be at least three weeks for the partial order. I hope they tighten this up in the future and show out of stock in their inventory. You know this is hurting future sales. But with all things being equal I will let others be my guide to trust them for expediency again.
    This is why, when asked, I always recommend emailing them before placing order. Same with FIF.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    This is why, when asked, I always recommend emailing them before placing order. Same with FIF.
    Yes, thanks PalmBeach duly noted. I will in the future because of their outstanding selections that are very competitive with outlets stateside. I will say in their defense Annette e-mailed me with her apologies so I feel so much better. I suppose absence makes the heart grow fonder. So I will be very excited when the package finally arrives.
    Last edited by TNBLUEMIKE; 4th October 2014 at 12:53 PM.

Let us know how this plays out.

I just wanted to add my voice here. I've ordered a few times from Essenza Nobile, and I always had impeccable service.
    True, one of the items was unavailable at the time I ordered so I grumbled a bit but the communication around that was acceptable.

As far as the original complaint is concerned, and leaving aside the mistake dispatch versus delivery date, when ordering from outside of the EU one should always be prepared to wait for weeks. Packages do get stuck in Customs on a regular basis, or get (temporarily) lost from time to time. If it's urgent, order locally.

I don't see it as the responability of the webstore to tell their clients there could be a delay in delivery. We're all adults here I presume, so let's use our commons sense and not be naive.

I'd like to defend them, again. I know it can be pretty frustrating (been there) but if there's another delay on the same order, this is not because of Essenza Nobile, but because their suppliers don't deliver as promised. Either you order there and you accept that there can be (multiple) delays, or you simply order elsewhere. Personally, I simply order elsewhere if something's not immediately available so I stay happy

Quote Originally Posted by decraew View Post
    when ordering from outside of the EU one should always be prepared to wait for weeks. Packages do get stuck in Customs on a regular basis, or get (temporarily) lost from time to time. If it's urgent, order locally.

I don't see it as the responability of the webstore to tell their clients there could be a delay in delivery. We're all adults here I presume, so let's use our commons sense and not be naive.
    We're in the year 2014. I've ordered all kinds of things from all over the world and this is the first time I see this kind of "delivery delay" If you want to have an online business or any kind of business then everything is YOUR responsibility until the package/product is delivered... that's including making sure the package is sent and delivered using proper shipping methods! We're talking about high priced items here and not 20$/30$ stuff! AND including making sure the product is functional/satisfactory/new...etc, depending on how it was advertised.

I'd like to defend them, again. I know it can be pretty frustrating (been there) but if there's another delay on the same order, this is not because of Essenza Nobile, but because their suppliers don't deliver as promised. Either you order there and you accept that there can be (multiple) delays, or you simply order elsewhere. Personally, I simply order elsewhere if something's not immediately available so I stay happy
    Now you sound like you work for them... and I hope you don't because "order elsewhere" is the last thing a business wants to tell its customers. Supplier delays or not, again, this is 2014 and there are professionals that can help with keeping inventory and showing when an item is out of stock!

I did not come here to make that store look bad but to see if this kind of delay is normal and if it ever happened to the others who order regularly from them. I didn't even mention what the other delay to the same order was!

Honestly, you're not defending them, you're making them look very bad!

Hawk, he is definitely not working for us - and you, spreading such thoughts are actually raising such doubts, whilst decraew just posted his opinion on this case. We don't engage in such kinds of "marketing" as they always backfire and kill your reputation quicker as you can say "reputation".

Sorry for my open words, but it would be the same if I would publically write here, that I suspect you to be competitor to make us look bad. You see everything is possible in the digital world and there is much room for paranoid thoughts, so none of us should fall for that as it always makes things only worse and nothing better.

Regarding the general talk, I want to clear this thing up by ground: Yes, it can be sometimes that there is an item shown as deliverable and later it shows it is actually not. This is not good and we know that. This is an issue that is software depended. As most retailers in Germany for niche products, there is one central database for the products (which is fed with price updates, article numbers, ect.), and we a bound to this ERP software. Now, this piece of software is old, like very old. The company behind it is updating it since ages, and the whole e-commerce section of niche fragrance (at least in our country) is waiting for its release. This new version is finally connectable to the e-commerce software, which will update the availability status for example. Currently our small team is working more than hard, with multiple lists, to manage that problem manually. This is not the most efficent way, but currently the only possible. We really strave hard to get the shown data accurate, but for example on rarely ordered items it can happen that we forget it, or the last piece is bought in the local store over the weekend and so on. We don't want it to be like that, we are honest business people, and we never kept a cent for something we did not deliver. So what really try to do the best we can to update the customers in real time (as much as possible) with all options.

We are present on facebook for the most of the time, to be available for direct chat support and answer availability questions for those who must be 100% sure ( https://www.facebook.com/annette.essenzanobile / https://www.facebook.com/sp.essenza ) and we do that with a passion. If decision have to be made we always side our customers, if somehow reasonable.

Oh - just when I was about finishing this post, I remind your order by the fact you mentioned the misrouted parcel. Yes, I am totally on your site that we are responsible for the parcel until you hold it in your hands. This is why I talked today about a half an hour with DHL to find the best solution for rerouting it and send you a proof that we sent it correctly. The possibilites of us to influence the way of a parcel are limited and we always use every tool we have to get it on the fasted way to the customer. We are responsible, as you say, and we take that. How can we do that? We do the correspondence with international stations of shipments, we file the complaints for long delivery times, we start the investigation cases, track our customers parcels to jump in, if there are problems - and of course we refund the customer if he did not get the parcel in the end (once the investigation case is sucessless closed).
    Fan us @ Facebook

like I said in my previous post, I did not come here to make your store look bad, I simply asked a question about shipping to the US. I was not complaining but I found it strange that the package went east instead of west!!!
    I actually like your store and the products you offer and I`m certainly not blaming you for the mis-routed parcel. But you have to understand that a delay on top of other delays is not something that I was expecting and not the kind of service I was hoping for as a customer.

Since you chose to reply here on the forums then I will mention a few things about the whole order process...
    About the "out of stock" items, I had to send a support email to see how long it will take for the item to be back in stock because your email to me simply said "this item is temporarily out of stock" (the wait for it to be back can be a week or a month, how is the customer supposed to know?)

During the 7 days that it took the item to arrive, your site kept showing it as being available for purchase... I guess your hard working team did not notice that item or maybe figured since it'll only take a week then why bother?!

After that delay I did ask you if the order can be shipped express to avoid more delays and my request was refused! I'm not sure why but if it was about it being more expensive I would have actually paid an extra fee for express shipping!

Right now, from what you're telling me, all I can do is wait and hope that this package will arrive safely and in one piece (I hope those bottles are well protected inside the box) AND... blame by BAD LUCK!

A big thank you Scentsation for your last comment it certainly puts my mind at ease. You do seem very passionate about what you do and it shows.

Yes, Hawk - indeed all items are very well packed and additionally, like I said, we never let a customer down. The very rare cases something arrived broken have always been repoaced or refunded. Of course your only way of acting is hoping in this position, like every other parcel that is moving around the world - the shipment itself is out yours and mine radius of control. This is due to the nature of it as you know.
    Your just rechecked your e-mail from the past, and it was not saying that you want to pay for the express upgrade. For us it would be clearly to expensive with 72€ - even if we would love to use it for every international order - the express option is simply too expensive unfortunately.

@mike: Great to hear that - if I can help you any further, please don't hestitate to contact me ( of course as anyone else ) .
    Fan us @ Facebook

Basenotes Plus

I've always found Essenza Nobile to be one of the best online retailers in any category, period. They dispatch orders fast and are generous with samples. Shipping takes 10 days for me, this is fine as the package is coming from Germany. I've only had one order where there was a slight delay, however they clearly communicated the situation and did everything to expedite the order.

We're in the year 2014. I've ordered all kinds of things from all over the world and this is the first time I see this kind of "delivery delay"
    Then you are lucky. As an avid collector of vintage razors I have lost purchased items several times (even once a DHL shipment), and delivery of items sometimes has been delayed for weeks because stuck in limbo/customs. To be frank, I hear such stories all of the time. Only last week a friend of mine lost a few antique razors (value 500 EUR+) through the post, even though it was insured and supposed to be signed for by him.

You are totally correct in saying that a retailer is responsible for items sold until delivery - and E-N does not contest this. Which does not mean they have complete control over the process.

Now you sound like you work for them...
    The basenotes member that actually works for them has already answered this one, but I'll echo it: no, I do not work for Essenza-Nobile or any other perfume related company for that matter. I consider your insinuation rather base, as there is no easy way for me or for Essenza-Nobile to prove I do not work for them.

mike: Great to hear that - if I can help you any further, please don't hestitate to contact me ( of course as anyone else ) .[/QUOTE]

There is one item I am still excited to get and I wondered if you have received any yet and that is Ormonde Man? Thanks in advance.

Then you are lucky. As an avid collector of vintage razors I have lost purchased items several times (even once a DHL shipment), and delivery of items sometimes has been delayed for weeks because stuck in limbo/customs. To be frank, I hear such stories all of the time. Only last week a friend of mine lost a few antique razors (value 500 EUR+) through the post, even though it was insured and supposed to be signed for by him.....
    Again you're making them look bad and making me feel bad and worried too! You're telling me that I should be prepared to lose an order valued at more than 500$ because these things happen??? I'm not sure where you live but this is not something I'm willing at accept or consider "normal". In fact the seller has complete control over the process by choosing the proper shipping method and making sure the package is insured so in case of delays the shipping fees are refunded and in case of loss or damage the buyer is refunded!

anyways... whatever we're arguing about here is not helping my case and my package is still lost somewhere.
    Last edited by hawk; 8th October 2014 at 12:24 AM.

Again you're making them look bad and making me feel bad and worried too! You're telling me that I should be prepared to lose an order valued at more than 500$ because these things happen??? I'm not sure where you live but this is not something I'm willing at accept or consider "normal". In fact the seller has complete control over the process by choosing the proper shipping method and making sure the package is insured so in case of delays the shipping fees are refunded and in case of loss or damage the buyer is refunded!

anyways... whatever we're arguing about here is not helping my case and my package is still lost somewhere.
    No indeed, it does not help you and, sincerely, I hope you'll get the package soon.
    I just like a good discussion from time to time, I'll not apologise for that ...

But regarding your points above:
    - No, I don't consider it normal that packages get lost and no, I have difficulties accepting this as well, but shit does happen.
    - If I read the Conditions of E-N correctly (English is not my mother tongue) it seems they bear the responsibility of loss until you have the actual item in your hands. So in the end I assume you'll either get refunded, or receive the original ite, or get sent another one.I quote "If the Customer is a Consumer, the risk of accidental destruction, damage or loss of the delivered product shall pass to the Customer upon delivery of the product to the Customer or upon the Customer's default of acceptance" (whatever default of acceptance means).
    - There is a big difference between bearing the responsibility or being in total control of a transaction. I find your statement that the seller has "complete control" over the process by choosing the proper shipping method etc. complete and utter nonsense. If I had to make a powerpoint about it I would use only two formula's "RESPONSIBILITY = YES" and "COMPLETE CONTROL = NO". The factual world doesn't work that way.
    - Finally, I don't see how what I wrote is making them look bad. And I hope other's don't see it that way either. Sorry, but the logic escapes me.

My latest large package from this company arrived minutes ago - only 9 days so i consider myself extremely lucky.

My latest large package from this company arrived minutes ago - only 9 days so i consider myself extremely lucky.
    You are extremely fortunate. Well done! Unfortunately, my order is still in the nether regions of the postal service.

I'm awaiting a package from Kuwait right now...you guys are making me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Chuck could it be Universal Perfumes and cosmetics? Strictly speaking for myself and I am a fan of the outlet they packaged things uniquely and sometimes it takes a while for the shipment. I once waited three weeks and then I received my other parcel in eight days. Funny some people say it looked like a Chippy(Fish & Chips) delivery like I received when I grew up in England but it got the job done. No issues with breakage at all.
    Last edited by TNBLUEMIKE; 9th October 2014 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Commented in the Ebola thread. Got mine from Kuwait in 12 days. Arrived yesterday. I'm sure you're fine.

Very lucky indeed... Thanks for the update!

My package is still showing it's in the UAE with no updates to the tracking since October 2nd. I have to mention that Essenza nobile is keeping an eye on it and following up with DHL for me!

Very lucky indeed... Thanks for the update!

My package is still showing it's in the UAE with no updates to the tracking since October 2nd. I have to mention that Essenza nobile is keeping an eye on it and following up with DHL for me!
    Yes, thankfully I have always received my DHL Pakets in 10 days or less, passing through either Chicago or New York Customs. Funny thing is, I would have gladly paid whatever the price for DHL Express to get it much sooner had I known it was an option. As for your situation, good to know that they're carefully monitoring it if that offers at least some peace of mind for you while you patiently wait for answers.
    Last edited by hednic; 9th October 2014 at 07:56 PM.

As a final note I happily received my order today. Thank you to the EN staff and Annette in particular for helping me in my plight. DHL was the culprit. But thankfully my treasures were in the box in perfect condition and the samples besides my wants(3 picks) were aplenty. Hats off to a great group. I will happily deal with EN in the future I just have to adjust my wait time to coincide with the shipping speed. The deals were very good.

Two thumbs up!