Code of Conduct

Default Looking for an "airy, breathy" amber fragrance.

Hi everyone.
    I remeber in the 2001 when I was in vacancy by the see ( a glamouros italian place), every night I was used to smell a fantistic scend, very popular in that period among ladies, I guess...Actually, every night it was possible to dectect that fragrance several times.
    I remember an amber note, clean amber, not dark nor smoked. The perfume was usisex, seductive and confident. And not stiky, but I was very breathy and aerial.
    I remeber the amber note and maybe some white musc, in a clean way.

I tryed Ambre by Reminescence, as I know at that time (2001) here in Italy there was a real revival of Reminiscence fragrances. But, at least on my skin, Ambre by Reminescence smells quiet sticky and too sweet, less aerial than the fragrance I'm looking for.
    I tryed those ambers from L' Artisan, Le Maitre, Lutens...nice fragrances, but not at all as breathy as the fragrance I remember.
    The ambers from Prada came to the market well after 2001, so they aren't the question.

Any ideas ?

Thank you,
    Marco

- - - Updated - - -

The remember also something like Chanel n.5 in the fragrance, maybe some cypre or aldeides or musky-talc.

Default Re: Looking for an "airy, breathy" amber fragrance.

Perhaps Histoire De Parfums Ambre 114 (Amber + Musk and unisex)?

TLS

It has to be light and airy, in a creamy way ( white floral ? ), not too sweet or sticky.

Mona di Orio's Amber is an airy, sparkling amber. Not creamy, though.

Vanille Noir from Yves Rocher is also worth a try.
    Last edited by bonsai; 4th April 2013 at 01:27 PM.

Ambre 114

I dont know when it came out but Keiko Mecheri Crystal D'Ambre has those qualities to my nose.

My choice is Ambre 114 as well...The next guess will be Maitre Gantier's Ambre Preciaux, which I see you already tried.

Maybe Ambra by Etro , mixed ( layer) whit another Etro essence ( maybe Musk or others...) ?
    I know at that time, in the perfume shops, the vendors were used to suggest to mix togheter different Etro essences.

Further belated suggestion: maybe also Cerutti 1881 Amber.

While Amber is still prominent and this can be easily overapplied, few sprays of this fragrance achieve a lighter, fresher, more casual variation on amber, in fact, quite suitable during warmer weather and also with slight icy, airy, ozonic associations (not obvious at first, but more perceptible after the initial blast of amber evaporates).

Blog Entries

This one looks worth checking out;

http://www.luckyscent/shop/section/1..._Profonde.html
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Further belated suggestion: maybe also Cerutti 1881 Amber.

While Amber is still prominent and this can be easily overapplied, few sprays of this fragrance achieve a lighter, fresher, more casual variation on amber, in fact, quite suitable during warmer weather and also with slight icy, airy, ozonic associations (not obvious at first, but more perceptible after the initial blast of amber evaporates).

I think that the fragrance I rember was a niche or at least a chic perfume, surely more trendy than Cerruti Amber.

- - - Updated - - -

The most similar fragrance I've tryed it's the amber by Reminescence. Very easy to wear, but on my skin it turns too sweet and sticky, not so airy as I would like.
    And...when I mean "airy" or "breathy", I don't mean "ozonic" at all. I hate ozonic notes...Actualy I mean something that creates an "aura" , a bright and open atmosphere around me. So : no smokiness, no sticky sweetness,

If you say it was very popular at the time it most surely wasn't anything niche, probably relatively recent releases from Chanel, Givenchy, Dior, YSL etc.