Code of Conduct

Default Sephora clearances

Hey guys I just wanted to give a heads up on some info I came accross last night. I was in Sephora and I was eyeing the YSL La Nuit De L'homme and I mentioned to the cute little SA that things are never on sale at this store and they sell everything at FULL retail value.

I'll try to see if I can remember everything she said word for word. she said...

"Now hold it right there you sexy mofo! Not true. In fact we just sold our last gift set for YSL La Nuit De L'homme for 30 bucks! A 3.4 oz bottle with the shower gel just last month! Also, I woulda given you a discount because you are sexy as hell"

WTF? I mean I totally understand how she can give sexy guys like me discounts but selling a normal 3.4 oz for $80+ but the gift set for $30?!?! Doesn't make any sense.

Apparently they stock up for the holidays and around late Jan/ Feb they sell stuff dirt cheap. A 3.4 of ADG went for $40 according to her. And they only carry gift sets around the holidays so they try to get rid of them after.
    $30 for a gift set for a top seller is cheaper than any ebay, fragrancenet, messageboard price that I've ever seen.

I did a search of "sephora" on this site and it seems this was never brought up.
    I know we just passed Feb but hopefully we can use this info for next year.

Default Re: Sephora clearances

I was made aware of these markdowns by a friend in February, but there was nothing in the local Sephora which they had that I wanted.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised she was even able to talk when confronted with such a total stud muffin as yourself.
    I would have thought she'd go weak in the knees, and then pass out.
    She really deserves credit for maintaining her poise and keeping herself together
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Perhaps she was humouring you. Or it was all just a dream.

I get it all the time fellas. ALL. THE. TIME. It's more of a burden than anything else.

Thanks for the info Playboy.

Yeah I know you can easily find gift sets for cheap over at Ross/TJs/Marshalls but i've only seen the bargain bin brands there. Nothing like YSL.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

good info fornext year if we rememeber

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by romeocasido View Post
    I get it all the time fellas. ALL. THE. TIME. It's more of a burden than anything else.
    I hear ya, bro. It's rough, even when it only happens to me occasionally.
    But happening all the time.. well.. I don't know how you endure it. You are my idol, man.

And if I could find LaNuit gift set that cheap, I think I'd go for it myself....
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----