Code of Conduct

Thread: Quorum?

Default Quorum?

I just spent Fall and Winter enjoying A*Man Pure Leather having decided to make this my cold weather signature scent; to me personally A*Man Pure Leather comes off as a bold unique choice for a cologne that most everyday people wouldn't touch.

With what I wrote above in mind I was wondering if Quorum might be my warm weather counter part to Pure Leather. I do not want to go with the trends and wear an Aqua or Unisex scent I want to wear something that says I'm a man, will get me compliments, and has more balls and longevity than Fahrenheit does. I was thinking about Quorum because like Pure Leather it's a rich scent with a lot of presence, and longevity.

I figure for $20 a bottle it might be worth the blind buy.

Default Re: Quorum?

Do you like strong lavender? If so, vintage/first formulation had a nice grapefruit note and wasn't as dense as later formulations. However, the discontinued Vetiver de Puig would be more of a summer butt kicker scent.

While Vétiver de Puig sounds like a unique buy I know of no where I can reliably buy this.

- - - Updated - - -

A few of the reasons I was drawn to Quorum was the leather that both Pure Leather and Quorum supposedly share, I was interested in finding something with tobacco in it since I had always wanted to give Pure Havana a try, I figured Greens were the alternative to unisex aqua crap, I also figured the amber in the base notes would smell decent as well since I have grown rather attached to Bath and Body works Dark Amber.

Try Hermes CdOV, Pure Havane and of course Chanel Antaeus.

It's dark and dense and almost oppressive but it does have balls and longevity. A old school frag and very cheap that if you purchased a small 30ml bottle online and did not like it you have not lost much.

I've worn Quorum every year since the late 80's in every season and LOVE it. It's a much different leather to A*Men Pure Leather. It's much more old school in construction and more smooth/blended than the A*Men. Go with Jack's recommendation and try a small, cheap bottle - it's strong stuff and even 30ml will last you ages. The aftershave is also very good and layers well with the EDT. Don't worry too much about the different formulations - the latest version is still good. The vintage is fantastic if you can still find it but the latest bottles are still good old Quorum, just a little smoother round the edges and less dense.

A decent choice of good value.

I'll look into it, i have a Marshals in town that tends to run cheaper than Walmart and has more variety so perhaps I can luck out and find the after shave as well. Would this layer well with Bath and Body Works Twilight Woods for Men http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/prod...5500&cm_vc=200 , and Dark Amber http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/prod...5636&cm_vc=200 ?

Can't really go wrong with this if you like old school fragrances.

Try Charriol Royal Leather

Banned
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't take Quroum for free. It's awful.

And don't blind buy it just because it's cheap.

Put that $20 toward a fragrance you REALLY REALLY want.

Blog Entries

Quorum is a nice old-school fragrance, and it definitely has the description you're looking for, especially the old formulation if you can still find it. Definitely masculine.

Also, +1 for Antaeus by Chanel

I had Quorum after shave in college and have great memories of it. It was smooth and rich. When I recently picked up a bottle of the EDT I didn't notice any resemblance the fragrance I knew. It could just be the difference between after shave and EDT or most likely reformulation.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    I wouldn't take Quroum for free. It's awful.

And don't blind buy it just because it's cheap.

Put that $20 toward a fragrance you REALLY REALLY want.
    I'm so glad someone else said this. I agree completely!

Don't know if you visited this current thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/320817-Top-10-Cheapies!

Quorum shows up on quite a few top 10 cheapies lists.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

I just picked it up, did 3 sprays (one on each neck pulse point, and one near the top off my chest where the collar would open) almost reminds me of Aramis but packaged better as a smell. I'm catching wiffs of it and the wiffs smell pretty impressive to me; I'll know for sure when my wife wakes up. I think this was worth the buy for 20 dollars; I'll give you more info as the day progresses.

- - - Updated - - -

That's where I got the idea DuNez.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Can't really go wrong with this if you like old school fragrances.
    He's Right On.

Congrats on your buy and for enjoying it.

This doesn't seem like a power house to me; does it start ramping up if you're more active? Perhaps I'm just used to it already because it smells more like a skin scent.

^Some very respectable bn'rs have said it is among the most powerful they've ever had. That's not my experience. But I, like you, bought it off of recommendations 3 or 4 years ago and later chased after a vintage bottle. Nether bottles comes off particularly strong to me, though I did not grow up using it back in the day like many have. From my bottles, I've used close to 15 sprays and never heard any negs from the family unit <beleive me, they don't hold back>. Then again, I usually wear it on the weekends and not to the office.

Since it is all so subjective and so much talk of real or, at least, perceived reformulations all one can really do is work/experiment with what one has got before them anyway.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Quorum is my my top 3. Not the greatest longevity for a "powerhouse" frag, but not bad.
    I have only gotten 2 compliments on my frags, and one was when I wore Quorum. Definitely masculine.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----