Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Has anyone tried these?

Hello friends. Intrigued is what I am. Hmmmmm......

I spotted these on Aus Liebe Zum Duft. Has anyone tried them, or do you know anything about them or the creator? Or have you spotted them too? I hope so!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Has anyone tried these?

Hi Red Nose,

How beautiful are those bottles. The one that has me curious is 2022 Generation pour lui. The prices are extreme though. Even the samples are brutal 20euros for 2.5mls really?

For me, they'll have to wait.

Steve
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Stéphane Humbert Lucas is also the creator of SoOud and Nez à Nez.

I received some free samples of these with a large order I placed a few weeks ago from First in Fragrance. Very nice stuff indeed.
    They sent me: Soleil de Jeddah, Black Gemstone, Khol de Bahrein, Rose de Petra, and 2002 Generation Homme. Can't wait to get my hands on the bottles. They look beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks guys! Yeah, expensive though. I think I'll get a couple of samples with my next order from AlZD/FFF. Ta!

- - - Updated - - -

Ooooh! Got my first samples. Rose de Petra and Khol de Bahrain. First impressions are great. More soon. No one else got their paws on them yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This was my favorite new line I tried at Esxence. The two which really stood out for me were Khol de Bahrein and Oumma. These felt a little more personal than Lucas' work for SoOud and Nez a Nez.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hednic, any thoughts on the fragrances yet?

Thank You Somerville Metro Man. *blush* You were one of my first Basenotes crushes.

A few thoughts based on the two that I am am playing with;
    Quality; Luxurious
    Mood; Mysterious
    Style: Contemporary Classic

Would love to hear more about these. Anything and everything!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Would love to hear more about these. Anything and everything!
    Hi SculptureofSoul. OK, this, as always, is but my humble opinion. Here goes;

Rose de Petra;

Is there room for another Arabian Rose? Yes! This is beautiful.

Rose De Petra plunges straight into a rich, intense somewhat peppery rose, supported by fruity notes, and hints of the spices to come. BUT, don't be mislead by "fruity". These are no watery fruits. They are rich and rounded, like jewels. We are told that the fruits are Pomegranate and Lychee. These notes seem perfectly partnered with the rose. The opening does make me think of of another mysterious rose, Histoires de Parfums 1876, inspired by Mata Hari.

As the fragrance develops, the spices gain ground on the fruit and the fragrance calms and becomes drier and more mysterious. It strikes me as having a rose/saffron character although I don't see saffron listed. It is slightly peppery and there is cumin and cardamom and I think perhaps cinnamon too. I really love the mid development. It's perfectly pitched. The presence of the spices opens the door to masculine references and the fragrance is beautifully androgynous. It never becomes too sweet, or too aromatic, as some intense roses do.

As Rose de Petra is very new I'll try to put it into some kind of context. I've already mentioned the opening of HDP 1876, and I do think that it shares some notes or accords with that spicy rose, but it's by no means the same. Somehow it sits somewhere on the same spectrum as some of the Oud Roses, although it's not an Oud Rose. It's a fruity, spicy rose. It is not nearly as mineral as Rosam, not as intensely Oud as Rose D'Arabie, but the quality of the materials and the colour, the texture, the mood, the atmosphere of this fragrance shares something with these other wonderful roses. That's not a criticism. It's a compliment. As the fragrance continues to develop there is a dry woody Oudy accord in the drydown. Personally I prefer this fragrance once we are into the drier, spicier stage, once it's mysteries unfold, but I am sure that others will disagree and will get a lot from the brightly jewelled opening.

For me, Rose de Petra is wonderful. It is maybe not unique but it is a lovely interpretation of a mysterious rose. I find it to be calm and beautiful. Projection and longevity are about average I think.

I hope that this has been some use guys. Please try it and come back for a chat.

Next, Khol de Bahrein. Just incredible.......
    Last edited by Foustie; 23rd November 2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Added a little more.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to more reviews of these... Love the bottles!

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Are these available in the United States? I'd like to try them . Seems like we always get the short end of the stick these days

Quote Originally Posted by PassionateJourney View Post
    Are these available in the United States? I'd like to try them . Seems like we always get the short end of the stick these days
    Not currently available yet stateside. My guess is that retailers that carried the Nez a Nez line and the So Oud line will eventually get this line.

Thanks a ton for the review Foustie. I found the SoOuds I've tried to be rich and full and more natural smelling (with the only average longevity/projection that goes along with naturals) than most niche scents, and it sounds like the 777 line continues and improves upon that even further.

Pomegranate and lychee had me worried, as I'm not a fan of either note typically, but your review mitigated that fear. Rose de Petra really sounds like a rose I'd love.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I found the SoOuds I've tried to be rich and full and more natural smelling (with the only average longevity/projection that goes along with naturals) than most niche scents, and it sounds like the 777 line continues and improves upon that even further.
    Thats really interesting SOS. I haven't managed to discover either the Nez a Nez line or the So Ouds (yet) so I tried Rose de Petra without any preconceptions.

Does any one know if these come in sizes larger than 50ml?