Code of Conduct

Default Whose Got the power: Chez Bond vs. Green Irish Tweed

I'm considering buying Chez Bond, but I'm curious as to how it stacks up against its older relative, GIT, especially in respects to projection and longevity. I can see GIT being sharper, more piercing and Chez Bond rounder and softer. Also, which will shine better in the heat of summer. I'm also looking at picking up Creed Original Santal and Bond no. 9's Riverside Drive for my spring and summer wearings.

Default Re: Whose Got the power: Chez Bond vs. Green Irish Tweed

Between the two, I would suggest GIT.

GIT is much better in every way IMO.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Chez Bond is good, but Green Irish Tweed is much better.

Both will do fine in the summer though.

GIT. I personally own GIT and Riverside Drive, they're a pretty good tandem for Spring/Summer. You will notice similarities between GIT and RD though. The violet note, the overall masculine/slightly classic/but not dated theme apply. In the drydown, RD reminds me of GIT a little bit. Both nice, but GIT is still the best, imo.

OS is a good choice for night wear, I just wonder if you won't find GIT and RD too much in the same ballpark... Unless you really like that particular genre (I do), then you're set.

GIT doesn't last on my skin ( I have a very dry skin) . I got some compliments though from coworkers wearing it. I own a bottle from it. Chez bond lasts longer on my skin and as you said softer. I have a sample only . I bought GIT before I learned about Chez Bond

I wear both often. GIT is the superior fragrance but Chez Bond is very pleasant and i get a good 6-8 hours from it. I also detect it whenever I move and others smell it when they come into my space, which I consider to be just right for a scent.

If you want absolute quality, GIT is the thing. A good compromise for summer with longevity is Chez Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    GIT. I personally own GIT and Riverside Drive, they're a pretty good tandem for Spring/Summer. You will notice similarities between GIT and RD though. The violet note, the overall masculine/slightly classic/but not dated theme apply. In the drydown, RD reminds me of GIT a little bit. Both nice, but GIT is still the best, imo.

OS is a good choice for night wear, I just wonder if you won't find GIT and RD too much in the same ballpark... Unless you really like that particular genre (I do), then you're set.
    I own both of these as well and would agree for the most part, except that I don't get all that much similarity. In overall vibe/masculinity, perhaps, but in straight up smell, not that much. I really do enjoy having both, though.

Chez bond for me please...
    LOOKING FOR DECANTS OF ANY O. Durbano, ANY Hilde Soliana, BOISE VANILLE, COLOGNE POUR LE SOIR, MUSC RAVEGEUR, AND ROSE 31 TO SWAP:.:wink

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    GIT is much better in every way IMO.

By a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    I own both of these as well and would agree for the most part, except that I don't get all that much similarity. In overall vibe/masculinity, perhaps, but in straight up smell, not that much. I really do enjoy having both, though.
    I think it's the violet/sandalwood notes that they both share. More noticeably in the drydown of RD once the basil thing has toned down a bit. Not saying the smell alike per se, but if you had only 5 bottles, I'm not sure you'd want both of these, as they accomplish a relatively similar feel. Like I said, glad to have both myself!

Git
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Chez Bond...I like that it is a bit softer and rounder and that it lasts a super long time.

But, I like Riverside Drive more than Chez Bond, so if you only wanted one Bond I would say get GIT to fit your fix in that category, and then go for Riverside over OS, that way you've got a Bond and a Creed and life's good right? I'm not saying that you can't get all four that you were talking about, I just wouldn't get both GIT and Chez Bond being that they are so similar, I would just go for Chez Bond.

Prefer GIT personally, Chez Bond as others have said is softer too much so on my skin that it seems to almost vanish at times.

Another version of GIT/Chez Bond that is a bit different, but lasts on my skin at least, is Cereus #7. Kind of in the same mold.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

I'm torn. I actually have a sample of Chez Bond on right now and though they are similar I find CB sweeter and a little more candy like in the middle notes. Smells good but I think GIT is a little more on the class side.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I much prefer GIT. The top notes between the two are similar, but I can't stand the dry down of CB and it makes me want to scrub it off. GIT is greatness from top to bottom.

Basenotes Member

GIT works much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    I'm torn. I actually have a sample of Chez Bond on right now and though they are similar I find CB sweeter and a little more candy like in the middle notes. Smells good but I think GIT is a little more on the class side.
    I feel the same way. I own GIT and it's great, but I love the sweetness of Chez Bond. When I'm out of GIT I will pick up Chez Bond and probably just alternate between the two. Both are excellent frags.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

As far as longevity and projection, Chez Bond wins.
    As far as what scent is better, the one you like more.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I've tried them both and ended up getting GIT.
    Much more interesting and sublime IMO.
    Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Banned
    Blog Entries

theres a pocket atomizer to reapply git

theres nothing in the world that can make chez bond smell better.

GIT