Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Bond No.9 - Take on Aventus?

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    why is it lame jamwires? its a gimmick to sell more product. if it works, then it is a success.

chanel paid bigelow big money to do a commercial of a guy surfing for ahs eau extreme. chanel had pitt do that commerical that makes no sense. this is no more lame than those marketing efforts..
    Most marketing for fragrance is lame. But this is a whole new level. Only available online? So much for selling more product. I'll reserve my true judgment till I've tried the Fragrance, but between that, the Aventus themed note breakdown, and that fugly bottle...

And again, I have a few Bonds I really enjoy, I don't dislike the house

Post Thanks / Like

If the marketing/advertising side of it were lame, all of us wouldn't be talking about the frag right now.

All the speculation about the fragrance on this thread makes me think that Bond No. 9 are getting their money's worth from the campaign.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't hold grudges against any house. If they make good scents, I buy them. Bond definitely has some redundant scents, but also some very good ones. I am hoping this one is great. Not sure how they will plan on us sampling it however. Will they have it at their counters and tell us we need to buy online? I guess we will see. Hopefully they will send samples to those on their mailing list as they did with New York Musk.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

I think it'll be interesting to get Bond's take on Aventus.

This is a bit "out there" for sure...

Post Thanks / Like

Very excited to try this!
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Smells like Aventus (to be confirmed), is from New York, and is only available online?

This is a blatant rip-off of Fresco.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikesc View Post
    Hopefully they will send samples to those on their mailing list as they did with New York Musk.
    Hope so! Otherwise, I may just need to blind-buy this one..

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    Smells like Aventus (to be confirmed), is from New York, and is only available online?

This is a blatant rip-off of Fresco.
    Well done

CologneFan85

Im interested in it

Quote Originally Posted by gatorNY View Post
    Those of us who are in the Bond Facebook Community are actually really excited that the House has made a fragrance specifically for us. Many of us have formed lasting friendships on the Bond Facebook page, and for there to be an actual scent that dedicated for or designed for our "little" on line community...well that it just amazing....We we who are part of the community that this was made for...well you can't take the happiness and honor that we feel away from us.
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorNY View Post
    This is from Bond's post on their facebook page:

Announcing our new fragrance launching June 30 that celebrates the BIGGEST neighborhood ever: THE DIGITAL VILLAGE. That's right, we created a fragrance for all of you out there on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the World-Wide-Web: It's called HTTP://WWW.BONDNO9.COM/.
    How does that post from Bond's FB page lead you to believe that it was created especially with the FB group in mind? If you want to draw such inferences, then they also created it with every web-user in mind.
    Listing things like Facebook and Twitter in merely part of their marketing pitch, and I certainly can't see any evidence that they created it for their Facebook friends.

Did they engage in testing and feedback? Did they ask the FB friends what sort of fragrance they wanted? Or are they, as I suspect, merely using other brand names that are part of modern popular culture to promote the theme of their fragrance launch.

I'm not criticising Bond, here. I would really like to smell this, but to think that they dedicated or designed a fragrance for their Facebook friends is rather far-fetched.