Code of Conduct

Default Can I use the aftershave lotion as regular body lotion? How about the balm?

I sport a beard so I do nothing with the aftershave from the gift sets. Can I use the lotions and balms on my body?

I was thinking about layering the lotion on my neck and chest for increased longevity. I read here that some people do the lotion/ oil trick to achieve that effect

Default Re: Can I use the aftershave lotion as regular body lotion? How about the balm?

I do. It Works.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Can I use the aftershave lotion as regular body lotion? How about the balm?

Yes.

I don't see why not.

I'm not an expert on this, but I'd like to know if there is anything special about aftershave lotion. After all, it's supposed to be something to put on the skin after shaving, and so perhaps to contain disinfectants. Which need not be too bad for the body, but not optimal either.

cacio

See I was thinking the same thing. Is there something in aftershave that makes it unique to the facial skin? But I'm thinking that what's good for face skin should be good for the rest of the body.

Right?

If it's good for the face, it's good for the rest as well.

If the lotion/balm are mild enough for sensitive skin, the suitability as body lotion is quite likely.

I do it all the time. It's a great way to wear fragrance, and it helps my skin. Almost all of my Brit for Men, most of my Infusion d'Homme and most of my Tom Ford for Men wears are of the shave balm. Torso and arms.

I do this once in a while. No problem. Enjoy.

I have dry skin, so I use a fragrance free moisturizer after showering before applying my fragrance and this tends to help a little with longevity.

If you have the aftershave balm of a fragrance, I see no problem in applying this to the neck/chest before applying the fragrance. Goes without saying, but don't apply a balm then apply a completely different fragrance, as they'll clash!

Many aftershave splashes are at Eau de Cologne strength, and can be used as an EDC splashes.

The balms you can use as scented moisturisers anywhere.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
    I do. It Works.
    this...

I do this with the Hermes Eau d'Orange Vert Lait lotion or something like that. It's a white lotion in a tall green plastic bottle and smells heavenly. Actually it smells just like CONCENTREE d'Orange Verte and is quite powerful.

Maybe this is't the same thing as an after shave but same theory.