Code of Conduct

Default I have a question about buying a possible backup bottle...Bleu de Chanel

Ok, so the Bleu de Chanel I bought from Macys like a few months ago is absolute money for me, it's doing work big time. Lasting power, great smell, my mind is blown, didn't think a "fresh" scent would be able to do this to me. A whole different level above other fresh scents (12 hours later, still money). I'd like to think I have dry skin and 99% of other fresh scents are wasted on me, but this one must really complement my skin chemistry well.

Now, it's a relatively recent frag, so likely this hasn't been reformulated yet, as have some of the other Chanel offerings, Allure Homme and Sport (though really what frag hasn't been tweaked at this point) which I am 100% sure have been weakened over the years. I don't like buying backup bottles of juices, but do y'all think Chanel could be reformulating this in the nearby future thus maybe warranting me stocking up on something that I know absolutely delivers for me, despite all odds? I figure the bottle I have right now will last me till 2015 for sure, and this is a staple, it will be in my collection for as long as it's available. But under a hypothetical scenario, Chanel screws the fragrance up in a future reformulation and it loses all potency and it's no longer magic potion for me, and I am a disappointed basenoter. If that happens, I might be experiencing some regret. On the other hand, if juice isn't changed perfect, after I run out I replace it with some fresh stock.

I'd like to hear people's opinions on this.

p.s. if it remains sealed and unopened and preserved in let's say a dark dresser under some clothes, this backup baby wouldn't be spoiled?

Default Re: I have a question about buying a possible backup bottle...Bleu de Chanel

If you are worried, buy your bottle now. Truthfully don't envision any change coming to this scent any time soon.

Default Re: I have a question about buying a possible backup bottle...Bleu de Chanel

I did this for CDG 2 Man, this week. I absolutely love it an hope to always have a bottle. Because it's a niche line, you never really know how long it will be on the shelves. It really depends on how much you like the fragrance. From the stated above, I'd say go for it, if you have the budget to do so. There's always a chance that they reformulate the product and 2015 will be here sooner than you know. If you're planning on using BDC as your signature fragrance, I say go for it without hesitation.

- - - Updated - - -

With the mass appeal of this fragrance, do you see a slight possibility of Chanel "going cheap." Possibly substituting ingredients within newer batches in order to obtain maximum ROI?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If you are worried, buy your bottle now. Truthfully don't envision any change coming to this scent any time soon.

This scent sells like gangbusters according to the Nordstrom SA that I was talking to. I don't see them making any changes to something this popular

That's the exact reason why I think there's a possibility of Chanel changing the formulation. Although Chanel is well-known for creating quality fragrances. It would be the first time they re-formulated a fragrance to cut costs and make more money to increase ROI.

Quote Originally Posted by romeocasido View Post
    This scent sells like gangbusters according to the Nordstrom SA that I was talking to. I don't see them making any changes to something this popular

Basenotes Member

I'd be very surprised if Bleu gets to be reformulated significantly before 2015. But you never know, if peace of mind is worth the $78 or whatever it costs, then go for it.

I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post

If you like the scent that much, a backup is probably a good idea.

I would say buy it. I don't think it will be reformulated anytime soon but you never know. I still use bottles of fragrance that is over 9 years old. Yes the scent has changed a little but not much. It sounds like you would probably go through your first bottle much sooner so you should be good as long as you store it properly.

Buy a backup 5 oz bottle or two from Chanel, should last you forever unless you use it every single day or something.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

I never thought about it that way, i will be getting a full bottle of that stuff as well, super clean.

I doubt this will be reformulated. But I certainly do have plenty of backup bottles of things I love. Doesn't hurt and if it puts your mind at ease then no reason not to!

If you can take photos.