Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Jardin D'Amalfi (my impression of Creed's exclusive)

I wrote a more detailed review for the Basenotes database of my thoughts on Jardin D'Amalfi which should be coming up in a week or two.

The very basics of my thoughts:
    - At first, surprisingly offputting and a little overwhelming, but the more of a chance you give it, the more you appreciate it's beauty
    - One of the better offerings of the Creed house, definitely, but there are a couple of Creeds I like more.
    - Yeah, not paying that price. It's pretty damn good, but not THAT good

But I want to start a discussion about on this thread. What are your thoughts Jardin D'Amalfi

Default Re: Jardin D'Amalfi (my impression of Creed's exclusive)

Got this for my wife some time ago. She loves it. Great citrus scent and projects well.

Banned
    Blog Entries

yeah, this probably wears even better on women than men, if i had to guess. though it is practical for a man to wear also.

Very nice fragrance. Just the right amount of florals (coming from a person who is not big on florals). That price kills the deal.

Personally like it a lot.

Sound Scents

One of less than a handful of Creeds I consider purchase worthy and easily the best I have sniffed from the house since the release of Green Irish Tweed. Excellent smelling for sure, but indeed relatively pricey IMO.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I love how the neroli and rose come together in this after the citrus opening, stunning fragrance.

Well, I made a thread pretty recently about it that has lots of responses: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/319418-Jardin-D-Amalfi

As for myself, I really like it. I got myself 30mL in a split for very cheap (like $57). I do have to say it reminds me a fair bit of Neroli Portofino. Not sure if others get that, but it does have the citrus and neroli thing going on. I do get that there is rose in JdA that sets it apart, and the quality of the citrus (lemon) is different/better, but they are definitely similar. Worth having both I suppose (which I do).
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yeah I commented on that thread.

To Jack, yeah, I appreciate the Neroli note. It's just extremely overwhelming at first.

Found it too feminine, I get that synthetic perfume smell I get in ever women's scent I smell. I had to sell Chergui because I got the same synthetic perfume smell from it as well.

I think it's wonderful. The neroli and rose combo is top notch. The tangerine accord is also wowtastic. I do agree it leans toward the "feminine" side but when something smells that good, I don't care which sex it's supposed to be marketed towards. I also do agree it's quite overpriced, which is a major drawback.

Banned
    Blog Entries

in the end, being overpriced is relative to ones interest in fragrances and financial situation. for example, an $80 fragrance to one person may be overpriced, but cheap for us. but for most people $600 for a flacon is too damn high.

JdA is a relatively new purchase, and I haven't worn it extensively yet. The early verdict is positive; I expect it to be a very good option for wear in the spring and summer months particularly.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    in the end, being overpriced is relative to ones interest in fragrances and financial situation. for example, an $80 fragrance to one person may be overpriced, but cheap for us. but for most people $600 for a flacon is too damn high.
    I wouldn't spend that much, but I've seen people spend that and more on a single bottle of wine so I guess $600 for a bottle of alcohol isn't that extraordinary.

Masterpiece. A main reason I am looking forward to warmer weather. I couldn't wait any longer, so I wore it late last night. It does lean a little to close to feminine territory though. Otherwise, perfect.

Am I the only one spellbound by this Gem!

I am just speachless when it comes to talk
    about Jardin d'Amalfi, bar none.

Never smelt a citrus like it, some people say it has rose
    but I dont get the rose.

I got myself a falcon, worth every penny

I do have a take on the projection and longevity, not matching
    the price
    Last edited by salim96; 7th April 2013 at 05:44 PM.

I am about a masculine as it gets and this fragrance is completely wearable. It's stunning. A masterpiece.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I really liked it a lot but if i don't have any drastic change in my finances, i'd never pay that much money for one fragrance. very expensive even for creed, those royal exclusives. (here, the RE flacons are about 750 $)

Quote Originally Posted by leto View Post
    I really liked it a lot but if i don't have any drastic change in my finances, i'd never pay that much money for one fragrance. very expensive even for creed, those royal exclusives. (here, the RE flacons are about 750 $)
    You may be able to find the 1 oz bottles, but those are pretty expensive as well, goes for $205. IMO, your best bet is going with a split (50ml for around $140). That's how I got it for my wife.

Basenotes Plus

It immediately puts the following image in my mind:

Wearing this today,it's nice but no masterpiece..

Am enjoying Jardin d' Amalfi much more than most from Creed. Thanks to Basenotes enthusiastic thread (by Jack Hunter?) for bringing this scent into attention. It is way more interesting than the average cologne style fragrance. I also like Creed Pure White (aka Original Cologne) although it is much quieter and anonymous that Jardin d' Amalfi, P White is a nice alternative to Cologne du Parfumeur. I think I suspect that these two were created by Creed to draw some of the attention away from Guerlain's traditional dominance of the eau de cologne genre with their fabulous eau de colognes (Cologne du Parfumeur, Cologne Imperiale, Eau de Guerlain and Eau du Coq). These are both as good, probably better than, any Guerlain cologne. I wish they made smaller bottles, but am very happy with my "split" from Palmbeach on the Marketplace.

The opening and middle notes almost made me buy it, then the dry down came and was all vetiver to my nose. Wasn't surprised to see vetiver in the note list.

I don't like vetiver. If you like it, then by all means I think it would be worth the price. They probably threw in the vetiver to make it more unisex than plain feminine. I just wish they had chosen a different note for the base.

For the rest of their "Royal Collection", Spice and Wood was the only one worth buying, IMHO, and only in the 30ml size.

Quote Originally Posted by skism View Post
    Wearing this today,it's nice but no masterpiece..
    I agree.

I tried this and for me I thought it was more of a feminine smell. I would love this on a girl. To me nothing jumped

It's nice, but the citrus is a little too potent for me. Got really annoying after a couple of hours. I guess less is more with this one?

Great scent. I also only picked up 30ml in a split due to the price.

Extremely overpriced for the mediocre scent it is. You could do much better for a quarter of the price.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    Extremely overpriced for the mediocre scent it is. You could do much better for a quarter of the price.
    I will have to disagree as I find the JdA to be exquisite although I bought it primarily to give it to women that I know. I think it can be worn by a man but I find it right on the edge and would not put on too much. There were such subtle notes in its floral accents that I really enjoy it. For women, I find that there perfumes many times are overpowering in the florals.

I don't know what is a good price but for the flacon I was okay in paying the same amount as the spice and wood.

Outstanding summer fragrance. I like it more than Neroli Portifino.

Jardin d'Amalfi is the BEST Creed ever made.

Runner-Up: Millesime 1849, Windsor, Pure White Cologne.